Agony resistance

Agony resistance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Q:

I have question about Agony resistance.
I checked this website: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance
Just wanna check if I’m thinking right … if I have 6 armor parts and each of them have +9 agony resistance, + 2x 9 agony resistance from weapon, I would have 72 agony resistance total. So according to the table I’m looking, I can only loose 1% of my health per sec.

I don’t think that’s true, because players would never die if they had more than 70 agony resistance.
So I just wanna know what exactly would change for me if I had agony resistance. Right now I have full berserker exotic gear + greatsword everything focused on Percision and Ferocity, so when I go kill bosses, they kill me kinda fast when using AOE and other skills.
So what would be differend if I had 10/20/30/40/50/60/70 agony resistance total?

I’m asking because ascend armor (that have agony resistance free slot) is not easy to get. It seems like it cost 200 gold for each part. Not to mention Eternity, Sunrise or Twilight greatsword … those cost around 3000 + gold. Also agony infusions are expencive … so I’m wondering if it’s realy worth all that money.

So if someone could explain to me how that Agony resistance work, and what would I benefit from it, I would appreciate it

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Agony resistance

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

I guess till lvl 30ish you can get by with ascended trinkets and weapons, though if you wanna go higher you’ll need armor or you won’t be able to survive the agony.
Oh yea, agony is a debuff that takes % of your health away each tick.

Well, mybe you could…but in most cases you’d be deadweight.

Agony resistance

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

Agony resistance only affects agony damage. It won’t affect ‘punch in the face’ damage. And yes, if you have enough AR, agony is irrelevant.

Agony resistance

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Most of the information on that page is completely outdated. See the main page for fractals of the mists. Moreover, I’m not sure where you are getting +9s from. The regular simple agony infusions are +5. There are some new +7s. Maybe there is something else new, but I suspect you are referring to the other type of agony infusion (especially since you refer to them being expensive), which only goes in rings and back pieces.

At any rate, if you want to start acquiring agony resistance, start with ascended trinkets.