Ah, I love this game....

Ah, I love this game....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

It feels like no other game, honestly.
By itself, and with Combat Mode, the battles in this game are unique, and a ton of fun.

If you take your time, the Dynamic Events and such really add Immersion to the game, and I love how just creating your character changes your entire story.

I LOVE how each profession is different, and how many ways a single profession can be played and built.

I love all the things to do, all the vistas, all the amazing scenery in the game, the in depth characters, and awesome music.

You get the point, I love this game.
Why do you guys like this game?

(Don’t reply if your a rusher )

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I’m glad to see you do ! It’s good with some enthusiasm.

I ADORE the NO subscription formula. It’s so wonderful and
works as a GREAT selling point when you’re trying to get others
to play the game. I’m so thankful for it. Plus, I don’t feel bad if I haven’t
played for X amount of time, since the thought is that I’m then wasting
money, as with other MMO’s.

I also plain love the graphics of the game. I absolutely love playing my Guardian
due to Blue being their color scheme you might say. Blue is my favourite and thus
seeing those shields appear and how they radiate on the battlefield, is just lovely.

Too many things to mention ^^, but I think you got the most of it too, OP.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It’s a game of patience, so naturally, it’s not for everyone. I love it too, though =)

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Ah, I love this game....

Okamie.9270

I’m glad to see you do ! It’s good with some enthusiasm.

I ADORE the NO subscription formula. It’s so wonderful and
works as a GREAT selling point when you’re trying to get others
to play the game. I’m so thankful for it. Plus, I don’t feel bad if I haven’t
played for X amount of time, since the thought is that I’m then wasting
money, as with other MMO’s.

I also plain love the graphics of the game. I absolutely love playing my Guardian
due to Blue being their color scheme you might say. Blue is my favourite and thus
seeing those shields appear and how they radiate on the battlefield, is just lovely.

Too many things to mention ^^, but I think you got the most of it too, OP.

Staff guardians look fun to play, and pretty too.
and yeah, the 1 time payment thing is so AWESOME!~

My current computer is broken, so i actually can’t play anything right now, but at least I know I’m not losing money due to subscription fees

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Czinger.6314

Czinger.6314

Best game ever.

(Love my "Box O Fun too.)

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz-16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Ah, I love this game....

The LZ.7891

It’s a shame your computer is broken.
But hopefully you can still look at some pretty gorgeous
boxart ! : D

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

Yep best MMO i have ever played.
First one in a long time that makes me want to quest and explore..
I mean just running in to that pirates cave in Lion’s arch was epic <3

Ah, I love this game....

Okamie.9270

xD, yeah, it broke on wednesday, I will have it back tomorrow though! I’m so excited to play my thief again. . (typing on iPad is so annoying)

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

I play exactly the same way that you play, I take my time and I discover things by myself. I listen to every npc, I read dialogue and I don’t skip any cutscenes. I’m having a blast!

I didn’t knew that it had so much negativity until I came to see the forums… lol, but I should have expected it, shame on me.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

(edited by Moka.9641)

Ah, I love this game....

Okamie.9270

Well, in nearly EVERY popular, LARGE COMMUNITY, the forums is where the negative players go in fear of being bashed ingame.

No big surprise, the ingame community is far to positive to be bothered by negative conspiracy theories.

This speak of large player losses with no proof makes me laugh. Sure, some players left, but obviously, our Servers are teaming with players on EVERY server, I don’t think we have ANYTHING to worry about.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Sigil.9054

Sigil.9054

- I love the combat system.
- I love that the server is essentially one giant party.
- I love that loot is handed out on an individual basis.
- I like how abilities are assigned.
- I like that crafting a lot of one material speeds up.
- The Asura are adorable.
- Bunch of other things.

I have one problem, and only one problem with the game. The "hearts" system isn’t very conducive to telling a story. It’s only a problem for me because I like being *told* a good story. I don’t necessarily like to hunt through it.

Zoujuu / Seldi Witt
Tarnished Coast

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Stealth.8035

Stealth.8035

I love to hear that Okamie. The community itself is what keeps me hooked in an MMO. I, myself, am downloading the updates now, and I cannot wait to be on here. What server are you on? I’d like to be there, considering how positive you seem! Birds of a feather flock together

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I love finding weird hidden stuff.
Last night a player I was grouped with showed me a really tricky jumping puzzle to reach a veteran boss and splendid chest. And while nosing around that area I found a pair of diving goggles and very high place to jump from. I’d been through the area before, but had no idea stuff like that was there the entire time.

Found a youtube video if anyone wanted to know where it was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTWJqBSahc

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

I love the incredible detail, the amazing things that are so off the beaten path that few people are going to see them, but are there anyway. It reminds me of people who paint a wall but don’t bother to take down the pictures first, this game is the opposite. These guys hand painted detailed texture on the part of the wall that’s going to be under the picture, just in case someone looks.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

Beast response.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I actually like it too and I haven’t gotten serious about WvW or PvP yet.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I too like the game.When i was playing other games i was feeling pressure to gear fast and level fast so i can stay competitive.And that was happening every time a new tear was introduced.
I like how GW2 has removed the gear tread mill and the need to have the best gear.
For 1st time i farm only those sets which i like and not what i need because i have to stay competitive.And that is a good thing for me atleast.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love the game too- the amount of detail in the world is astonishing, it is so much fun just nosing around. Here is an example.
Just last night my husband and I where in Frostgorge Sound, we were sort of aiming for the next waypoint but we saw an interesting looking cave.
When we looked around a bit we found a journal left by an explorer, we read it and it let us to the next part of the journal- eventually we found a Veteran group event that we did by ourselves and a splendid chest
It was a cute story and it was tons of fun trying not to die as we finished the event by ourselves, with the veteran, add spawns and the roof literally falling in.
We were still laughing when we went to bed.
No other game does this for me.

Gunnar’s Hold

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

Well, in nearly EVERY popular, LARGE COMMUNITY, the forums is where the negative players go in fear of being bashed ingame.

No big surprise, the ingame community is far to positive to be bothered by negative conspiracy theories.

This speak of large player losses with no proof makes me laugh. Sure, some players left, but obviously, our Servers are teaming with players on EVERY server, I don’t think we have ANYTHING to worry about.

Or the game has legitimate issues (bots, hacks, economy, DR, I could go on) and people go to the forums to give feedback.

Crazy thought I know.

Ah, I love this game....

The LZ.7891

I do agree that many are quite negative, but as many others have
said, you do have to highlight problematic things. What should come of
that, is a highly responsive developement team, that ultimately secures
an even greater level of satisfaction for their players.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I also love and am still enjoying the game. I have thought about it since launch. Why do I like this game so much? Bottomline for me is that it is fun.

There are so many things to do. But I am not forced to do them. In other MMOs, I always felt like I “had” to do certain content or I would be left behind. In GW2, I have a choice for what I play, when I play, and how I play. I determine my own fun not Arenanet.

Also, I am excited because I know how Arenanet expanded GW1 so I am anticipating them to do the same with GW2. Enjoying current content but also excited about the future updates.

Arenanet has a passion and love for this game. For me, it clearly shows in what they have delivered and I feel that I, as a customer/player, have reaped the benefits of their passion.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: Mitlandir.8306

Mitlandir.8306

I love it because I can tend to my RL most of the day and then log on for 5-6 hours and have so much fun with my guild in WvWvW. I love it because I don’t feel pressured to do anything, yet still have a lot to do.

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

I love it because I can tend to my RL most of the day and then log on for 5-6 hours and have so much fun with my guild in WvWvW. I love it because I don’t feel pressured to do anything, yet still have a lot to do.

Exactly! I love this game because it doesn’t require me to treat it like a part time job just to compete. Thanks ANET, now I can “grind” at my RL job, and just play for fun.

Ah, I love this game....

Okamie.9270

XD, yeah, I love how you don’t have to grind in this game.

If only those legendary grinders could get that into their thick heads. XD

Ah, I love this game....

Posted by: flyinpoons.6481

flyinpoons.6481

XD, yeah, I love how you don’t have to grind in this game.

If only those legendary grinders could get that into their thick heads. XD

Look another I’m better than you because I don’t need to say I’m better than you person.
Ah the irony.