All 5 starter zones - what level?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miggs.2863

Miggs.2863

Hi,
Anyone taken their character through all 5 starter zones?
if so…what level did you end up at please?
Did it mean you outleveled all content after?

Thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes….30s or so? I don’t remember exactly.

You can take a character to any zone, no matter the level, so it is really up to you where you go with any character. Also, with Level 80 zones and content, we can’t ever ‘outlevel’ all content, though some may find it easier than others do.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have yet to do that. I think I will take it as a challenge for my next character (whom I hope to see early next month.) I do know lots of people do exactly that to level their characters though.

Just wanted to comment on the last line. You cannot ‘outlevel’ the content as the game adjusts you to the level (only downward) of the area you are currently playing.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Exclude crafting. Then complete one zone by playing your normal way. Multiply the level with five. This will give you a rough estimation of your final level.

It really depends on your personal playstyle. If you just complete the map neglecting most/all of the events and nodes to harvest you will end up with a much much lower level than a player harvesting all nodes and attending each event he can see on the map.

Posted by: Miggs.2863

Miggs.2863

Thanks,
I’ve done 2 zones so far and already 24.
The thing about down leveling is you still end up ~ 3 levels higher making it a bit OP.
I want to see all the content but don’t want lots of alts.

I suppose the answer is level up on level then go back at max level.

Thanks again.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Thanks,
I’ve done 2 zones so far and already 24.
The thing about down leveling is you still end up ~ 3 levels higher making it a bit OP.
I want to see all the content but don’t want lots of alts.

I suppose the answer is level up on level then go back at max level.

Thanks again.

Yea, if you are going for all starting zones together, you will end up out-leveling the coming content. Just follow one path and you can return later. At the end of the day, there is down-scaling and you will always be able to enjoy the content even if it becomes easier apparently if you become level 80.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I’ve done four zones before. It usually gives the full amount on the first one, but for those after, it sorta falls off. Keep in mind that 1 heart =/= 1 level, so by the time you finish completion, the actual content may only be about 10 levels worth all up (Each).

I ? Karkas.