All I want for Wintersday is ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

With Mad King Thorns return soon, it is apparent that the Holidays are coming …with that in mind the only gift I could hope for is the return of Aetherblade skins from the Black Lion Traders …

What’s on your Wintersday wish list?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

New gameplay content.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

sad to inform you there wont be any content for a long time as after the expansion comes out new content will be coming for said expansion so dont expect anything worthwhile anytime soon

at least thats what was said at some stream once

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Bunny Ears /15chars

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Not to crash at world bosses or simply at random due to memory issues on the program’s end.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

‘All I want for wintersday is my two front teeth’

Sounds like it could be a song…

Bunny ears would be good, as would the kitty ears from GW1.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Empyreal Star Destroyer

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

A gnomes head upon a tree.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Bunny ears.

Wish can be possibly be changed for kitty ears and tail.

But bunny ears.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Sledding/racing event

jia li ng.8415

Well .. I just thought of something else missing from GW2 .. Lions Arch was rebuilt but with all its grandeur there is just one thing missing … During the Battle for Lions Arch we all worked valiantly to save those Racing Moas … maybe we can wish for the return of that content …

We can dream can’t we …

Still, the return of the weapon skins would be fantastic … it’s slim pickings now, and the prices for skins on the Black Market are absurd … How about a price cap? …or perhaps making all weapon skins account bound, now there’s an idea!

(edited by jia li ng.8415)

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Ricochet.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

All I want is for the thief class to be re-added to the game.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

sad to inform you there wont be any content for a long time as after the expansion comes out new content will be coming for said expansion so dont expect anything worthwhile anytime soon

at least thats what was said at some stream once

Think it was said somewhere that holiday events would still be a thing… such as halloween and wintersday.
We do get halloween at least, and I am sure we will get wintersday too… probably nothing in between though.
However my thought is… we will/are getting halloween and wintersday, but they will be copy pasta of previous years, with new decorations for LA at best.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

All I want for Wintersday is an S.A.B.

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

All I want for Wintersday: Being able to copy/paste text from chat box, among other QoL Suggestions… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Need-official-thread-for-QoL-suggestions/first

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Bunny Ears /15chars

For the love of all that is good and holy!

Posted by: Emelyn.8729

Emelyn.8729

All I want for Wintersday is…

…to take Vistas out of World Complete. Make them their own miserable little masochistic category. Vistas and I do not get along at all. I know “how” to do them, I can usually see the routes, I’ve even resorted to occasionally researching some of the more hidden or complicated paths — I just stink at actually doing them because I don’t do well with platforming. I either over-jump or under-jump and the result is the same. Splat. I’m pretty sure I’ve died more to Vista climbing than I have to mobs.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Mini Games you can actually play with friends.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Dorian Ordenda.1398

Dorian Ordenda.1398

I want this: PLEASE make gem store items permanently available!!! Once they are there, leave them there. Then they are always available for players to buy. So many times I have saved gems and real money to purchase an outfit, etc, only to find that
when I have the gems, the item is gone. How disappointing! Other mmos do this, why not GW. There’s no need or sense rotating them out then in then out of the gem store. GW is still the best game out there, make it even better by making this happen!

jia li ng.8415

I completely agree with the Gem Store issue .. I could list numerous MMO’s the have Cash shops that don’t limit or rotate items from their inventory .. They just add more and more stuff you want or feel you need .. making items limited leaves you wanting ..

The same is true with the weapon skins, why make them so exclusive and eliminate options, and then have players selling the skins for thousands of gold .. I don’t play to make other players even more wealthy so they can manipulate the market .. Seriously.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

limiting them is what makes them more desireable, personally i like time-limited things that never re-appear (or only re-appear on random & very-seldom occasions for a brief period).

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

All i want for wintersday is: Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

endless combat tonics!

i don’t mean like the miserable Watchwork tonic with its 5 minute duration and 30 minute cooldown…

30 minute duration NO cooldown! like it was in GW1!
going through the entire game as a mini dragon (i gave my char a dragony name and i used dragon themed abilities) was amazing and refreshing!

(edited by Liewec.2896)

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Empyreal Star Destroyer and Red Ryder BB gun for Ralph

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Cleaning up the drops from black lion chests so that when I do miraculously obtain a key I can actually get a weapon claim ticket scrap with semi-regularity. =(

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

A playable game without terrible lag, horrendous skill lag, fps normally associated with zerg vs zerg when you’re not even facing an enemy zerg, crashing…

Which is what I have been experiencing last night and this morning.

I completely agree with the Gem Store issue .. I could list numerous MMO’s the have Cash shops that don’t limit or rotate items from their inventory .. They just add more and more stuff you want or feel you need .. making items limited leaves you wanting ..

The same is true with the weapon skins, why make them so exclusive and eliminate options, and then have players selling the skins for thousands of gold .. I don’t play to make other players even more wealthy so they can manipulate the market .. Seriously.

ITA.

Although, thinking about it, how do you actually know it’s players selling most of that stuff for thousands?

Could be, at least partly, Anet themselves, for all you (or I) know.

Having said that, they have at least brought some of the older stuff back, but at a cost of anything up to 5 tickets each, as opposed to the original 1 (presumably).

Which actually points to what I’m alluding to, which is that Anet themselves would appear to be trying to profiteer off this completely artificial “exclusivity” they have created.

I guess it’s still better than not bringing the items back at all, but still…

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

Empyreal Star Destroyer

Please yes! and the home instance tree.

jia li ng.8415

Having never experienced terrible lag or fps rates drop and never having my system crash I wonder if that problem is a personal issue rather than something to do with Anet or its servers .. I love to run my graphics at a high setting just because the splash effects are so awesomely rendered, it enhances my visual experience … that being said, I would truly dislike the notion of someone at Anet selling skins of weapons on the Black Market at outrageous prices, actually the thought of that happening never occurred to me … and yes, I know that it’s called the Black Lion Trading Company, however it would be more appropriate to call it what it is, the Black Market, an underground network selling goods that others would likely get free as drops if only they were patient, which in this instant gratification society we live in allows the Black Market to exist, no one has time or patience.

Furthermore, it is my understanding that some items may yet return in a cyclical or seasonal fashion, some items might never return as content, in which case I will probably just craft a reasonable facsimile of what I was hoping to have and call it good.

But Aetherblade Steampowered weapons animations are awesome to behold, and like I have said before, “We can dream can’t we?”

…oh and about the Cat Ears and Tail idea, I would love to see a Sylvari pretending to be a Charr …that would make me laugh … just as much as seeing a Charr dressed up in a pink Wintersday outfit, that always puts a big smile on my face.

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Bunny Ears ! … or RIOT … (again) … :P

Maybe we need to found the “Bunny Ears Future Buyers Union” and at one time call out a general gemstore strike until the ears get reintroduced again

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

… Star of gratitude

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

All I want is for people to stop talking about a holiday that is still two months away and just enjoy the one coming up right now.

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

All I want is for people to stop talking about a holiday that is still two months away and just enjoy the one coming up right now.

I won’t be able to enjoy it, since all it is, is a GM Event with a quiz / avoidance minigame thing.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Hopefully the Wintersday Achievements are less grindy.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Giving rapid fire a slower charge time like what air staff 1 and thief shortbow 1 have so people late to events can actually tag or get more than bronze.

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

All I want for Xmas is Super adventure box

Posted by: Bad Wolf.1879

Bad Wolf.1879

All I want for Xmas is Super adventure box

^^^THIS^^^^^!!!!!!

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

How about a mistletoe item to get people to kiss you, I think it’d be funny to see an Asura use it and get the wrong target when a charr walks over, picks them up and plants one on them! lol (other race combinations could be amusing too.)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

More silk?

/15 chars