All POF mount info

All POF mount info

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

A lot of questions on mounts so trying to compile all the info we have so far.

• There are 4 mounts, they are the mastery lines for Path of fire, the only mastery lines.
  • The mounts can be used in Core Tyria
  • If a mount breaks a jumping puzzle’s mechanics, it will be disabled just like gliding.
  • Mounts do have a movement speed increase, though it was estimated at 30% (the dev was unsure)
  • Mounts can be dyed and can have multiple channels.
  • Mounts have a single attack skill that will dismount the player once used.
  • Mounts disappear on fall damage.
  • There is a new activity type “Mount Race”
  • Mounts will be required to reach certain areas, their skills (Like raptor jump) can be upgraded to launch them further as you level mastery.
  • Mounts seem to be a skill at the end of your skill bar, one that you can change to any of the 4 mounts you have unlocked. which you can use (or not use) at will.

(edited by Lokki.1092)

All POF mount info

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Or just go to the official page?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/path-of-fire/

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

All POF mount info

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

And now this game is a generic MMO. Well done.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

All POF mount info

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

ugh, mounts….

At least there will a few happy folks who finally moved GW2 to be a more run of he mill MMO.

SBI

All POF mount info

Posted by: DeadTreeJig.6714

DeadTreeJig.6714

They provide a continuous speed increase and can be used virtually anywhere. Those were my concerns when I heard about mounts. I don’t understand why they didn’t include some sort of stamina pool for the mounts, that would help the immersion. I might as well play ESO, BDO or… dare I say it, Revelation Online. Can we get actual flying with the expansion too, I mean gliding is just so HoT.

Well, it probably won’t matter to me anyway since the new video card requirement (if correct) will keep me from playing the expansion on my laptop.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Dredge – DedTreeJig

(edited by DeadTreeJig.6714)

All POF mount info

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t understand why so many people are upset over mounts. Fundamentally they are no different from any other mobility mastery we have received so far. They allow you to travel to new places in teh world that are locked behind that mounts’s upgraded ability.

If you don’t like them, then don’t use them. But just because we have mounts doesn’t mean GW2 is a generic MMO

All POF mount info

Lokki.1092

They provide a continuous speed increase and can be used virtually anywhere. Those were my concerns when I heard about mounts. I don’t understand why they didn’t include some sort of stamina pool for the mounts, that would help the immersion. I might as well play ESO, BDO or… dare I say it, Revelation Online. Can we get actual flying with the expansion too, I mean gliding is just so HoT.

Well, it probably won’t matter to me anyway since the new video card requirement (if correct) will keep me from playing the expansion on my laptop.

It does seem like they are still slower than a player running with perm swiftness, (not sure for now but he said he thought it was 30%)

However I did notice they can be given swiftness by another player.

All POF mount info

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I don’t understand why so many people are upset over mounts. Fundamentally they are no different from any other mobility mastery we have received so far. They allow you to travel to new places in teh world that are locked behind that mounts’s upgraded ability.

If you don’t like them, then don’t use them. But just because we have mounts doesn’t mean GW2 is a generic MMO

People are upset because anet sold out and became a cookie cutter mmo. They are also not lore friendly and help ruin the immersion. What makes it worse is we don’t have the option of if we don’t like them don’t use them. They are not cosmetic they are part of the mechanics in the new area. We are forced to use them to progress in the story and we are forced to use them to get to certain areas in the map. It is upsetting that anet is forcing people to use them. They should of made the mounts cosmetic or at least give us the option of taking a harder path to get to certain areas. Or let us choose a different way to progress in the story. If we want to experience the next part of the story we have to use something that a lot of people don’t want to use. This is why so many people are upset over the mounts. They are not a choice or option.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

All POF mount info

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It makes the world uglier. Now we have tons of fashion people running around, with cool magics. Just running on a creature (I know YOU love it), is despising for other people. There is no way to disable this dispising way of walking in tyria (where it’s not necessary for any content).

The compromise was to only use it in Crystal dessert but even that they failed to do.

Another thingy: Anet always said there server cant handle more speed (then swiftness/superspeed). The engine doens’t support it. Jump shot has the fastest possible speed, anything fast simply is not supported (it was a quesiton why jump shot doenst shoot further). Now suddenly we can move faster? I don’t believe it. It’s ‘use Mount, or be nerfed in speed forever’. Choose , be dispising slow, or be dispising ugly (for the ppl that dislike it, which topics here proved are a lot).

I now see only one way (two solutions needed), so implement it. Make a option to hide all mounts and ‘fake’ the other ppl as though they are walking. Make swiftness speed equal to mount speed, or vice versa.

Gw2 one of the most beautifull games ever. Also very pure, is not a mount spam fest. Wich detracts from the graphics, in every location apart from open dessert. My opinion, not yours. But it’s a HUGE step back in ‘liking the game’, especially with no option to disable people stalking you in the map with a mount.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

All POF mount info

xikira.3264

I agree they need to add a hide mount option as well as make path ways for us to get around using them.

Potion Sella

All POF mount info

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I have a question, if anyone can find an answer: can I choose when to use it? can it be disabled/hidden like toys can now?

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

All POF mount info

Lokki.1092

Another thingy: Anet always said there server cant handle more speed (then swiftness/superspeed). The engine doens’t support it. Jump shot has the fastest possible speed, anything fast simply is not supported (it was a quesiton why jump shot doenst shoot further). Now suddenly we can move faster? I don’t believe it. It’s ‘use Mount, or be nerfed in speed forever’. Choose , be dispising slow, or be dispising ugly (for the ppl that dislike it, which topics here proved are a lot).

I now see only one way (two solutions needed), so implement it. Make a option to hide all mounts and ‘fake’ the other ppl as though they are walking. Make swiftness speed equal to mount speed, or vice versa.

You may be happy to know that so far from what I can tell, mount speed is slower than swiftness. Hopefully it stays that way, I like the idea of the mounts being movement skills. Jumping, teleporting, and hovering, like gliding they just give us new ways to move around. They don’t need to be faster than running.

In fact personally I hope they are simply 25% movement speed. An optional replacement for the passive 25% every class but guardian gets.

(edited by Lokki.1092)

All POF mount info

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m looking forward to trying the mounts, and I hope they release new mount skins in the future so you can further customise each of the mount types. And there’s the added benefit that those who threaten to leave because of mounts can do so and reduce the load on the server for the rest of us.

All POF mount info

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I’m excited for mounts! Specifically, I’m excited that they do things other than just make you run faster rather than just being a mode of transportation. As for not being lore friendly, every indication is that they are given that you have to progress through the story to unlock them and they are local/native to the area.

That said, as literally none of us have played any part of the new expac, your assertions that they aren’t lore friendly and are game-breaking are no better than conjecture, so stop trying to pass it off as fact.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

All POF mount info

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I don’t really care for mounts but im happy they add it,just for you selfish no-sayers that were always against it.Cheers mounts lovers,duels next please.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Because they’re myopic. I’d be willing to bet quite a lot of money that lack of mounts was a huge driver behind why this game hasn’t performed better. People in general find mounts to add immersion as well as being a very desirable collectible. So, anyone with a brain pretty much knew they’d be coming at some point.

People can whine all they want about it, but the reality is that it’s always been silly and unrealistic to imagine running on foot across a vast countryside, even with waypoints.

My only concern here is that Anet (as usual) went a little over-the-top in trying too hard to make them significant to gameplay, which is not necessarily a good thing when it hamstrings your ability to create new ones easily, as most people who like mounts would want. Perhaps a little shortsighted.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

All POF mount info

saalle.4623

“They are also not lore friendly and help ruin the immersion. "

[/quote]

And bunny ears are lore friendly?

All POF mount info

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

The mounts are the only thing that I’m interested in. Giving everyone regardless of class and weapon/skill/trait choice a speed boost is way overdue, and the unique movement mechanics sound fun. They also look good — okay, the googly bunny-kangaroo not so much, but the raptor is wicked and I’m glad it’ll be the first/default mount.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

And bunny ears are lore friendly?[/quote]

There were mounts in the original Guild Wars, so idk what is not “lore-friendly” about them or what lore prevents a person from getting on top of an animal and riding it.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Not lore-friendly are big fluffy bunnies or pink raptors with ballons around them. And yes this trash will come into the shops and everybody will buy it just to troll -.-

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

All POF mount info

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

And bunny ears are lore friendly?[/quote]

Wait….. what?
We got no lore breaking stuff in game.
Bunny ears,disco balls,8 bit themed gear etc,they are all great.
Mounts are bad bad bad,and now people will go off and play completely different games than GW2,in terms of the gameplay,because they got mounts too.
Please follow the logic.
Quaggans are sweet.
Ice cream is sweet.
So Quaggans are ice cream.
Get it?
No?
Me neither.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

All POF mount info

xikira.3264

The thing is cosmetic items we can ignore if we don’t like seeing them we can walk away from it. We are not forced to wear bunny ears or cat ears. But the mounts we will be forced to use. We don’t have a choice in the matter when it comes to the mounts. Guild Wars has never had mounts and anet said in the past they would not add mounts. Then bam the randomly add them.

Potion Sella

All POF mount info

saalle.4623

And bunny ears are lore friendly?

Wait….. what?
We got no lore breaking stuff in game.
Bunny ears,disco balls,8 bit themed gear etc,they are all great.
Mounts are bad bad bad,and now people will go off and play completely different games than GW2,in terms of the gameplay,because they got mounts too.
Please follow the logic.
Quaggans are sweet.
Ice cream is sweet.
So Quaggans are ice cream.
Get it?
No?
Me neither.
[/quote]

Lol don’t tell me that,i hate Quaggans,also im not gonna go and play other game then GW2 just cause those game have mounts from a simple reason that those games are not GW2?Get it? nosayers hahaha

All POF mount info

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

As long as they get disabled in towns around the major NPCs and disabled around vendors of any sort, then I might not take too much issue with them.

The problem I always had with them was players AFKing with mounts right on NPCs and blocking other players from either getting to the NPCs or just bogging down FPS because of all the “busy-ness” caused by the mass amount of mounts in a given location.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

All POF mount info

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire/

Check out this article if you haven’t yet, it’s got some sweet details about mounts and the expansion in general.

All POF mount info

Phoebe Ascension.8437

As long as they get disabled in towns around the major NPCs and disabled around vendors of any sort, then I might not take too much issue with them.

The problem I always had with them was players AFKing with mounts right on NPCs and blocking other players from either getting to the NPCs or just bogging down FPS because of all the “busy-ness” caused by the mass amount of mounts in a given location.

Indeed.

For the non mount like people like me (and i know there are a lot cause the topic 2000 responses had tons of ppl dislike them), there are a few priorities.

Absolutely nr 1 priority: Towns have no mount possibilty ever. Even in real life your mount is ‘stabled’ and then you just walk. LA overrun with mounts is the ugliest thing ever. There is no ’let’s chill out in town feeling’ anymore, towns becomes open world cause of the beast feeling. Not only that, in towns immersion is the most strong. That means, if a mount runs inside a building, it (like a pub) it absolutely kills immersion that is has no name. Would totally kill the guild wars 2 feeling.

No speed buff versus superspeed/swiftness. Why? Caus that would force people to use it. The fastest way to walk is the meta to walk, in several PVE area’s (if not most) getting behind is a bad thing. So fastest (new) way to walk = forced meta. But you know, some ppl dislike mounts. Forcing a person who is not liking it, is worst thing you can do.

Severaly limit mounts in their ‘flashyness’. The raptor (i’ll give you that Anet, but only that), was surprisingly… real and normal. Tjhe other mounts are already immersion killing. Any cashhop grab with a superflashy purple, magical aura dinasaur you can walk on for 1000 gems, nope, no way. i’m still clueless how mounts are linked to masteries (and only 4) cause everyone knows you want a new glide skin cash cow successor. I really hope you use your love for the game, rather then ‘mindset for maximum income’.

The option i know 90% chance Anet won’t do (they have shown to be lazy for complex coding projects). But on mah, this option would be the best ever to bridge mount/non mounts crowds. Make an option to hide mounts. The people on it, would walk normal.

Another thing: proof mounts don’t cause lag, cause you know. x2 characters on screen… Just a peace of mind would be good. Now it’s all worrying. We know your game is cpu limited, graphic card cannot take much over. Perhaps now is the time to finally work on DX12? A ryzen would eat gw2 for breakfast… If it was supported correctly.

My biggest gripe is, the silence for mounts. The thread about mounts, mostly concluded that the veterans that play gw2 (most of them) dislike mounts, and ‘game jumpers/wow players) (people that play one or a lot of other mmo’s) want mounts badly. The question is: is this the time to try to pull new players into the game? I think they known gw2 long enough. Also gw2 is now an 5 years + savehaven… for people who didn’tl ike mounts. Just in one day destroying that, might push off more player then it will invite. Just like mount loving people had years of savehaven’s. So why after 5 years of ‘no mount policy’ change it now? If expansion would be big, ok. But so far while the maps are big, the content is small (maps, wich we get by living story too), a bit of story (i suspect very quickly evolving, so not much instances), no raid, no fractal, and elite spec (a basic for any expansion). Is mounts really the thign you wanna make this expansion great with? You gonna be dissapointed you know. People gonna play and leave just like nightfall, and faster then after Hot. There will be 3-8 month hype, then large downfall, except in lion arch.

For the first time in my long guild wars life time. Guild wars 2 is no longer special but generic. Wathever i do to convince myself it’s still special i can’t. The vision of endless of mounts spamming /addicted players, kills the heroic ’i’m responsible for only me and myself’-feeling that guild wars had for so long. Partnerships have been made (like gw1 wurms), but ALWAYS you and you alone were the hero. Now we got a zoo of hero’s, or a heroic zoo… Just doesn’t fit. The people that cried for mounts are now spoiled. But they don’t realize it will fracture the player base further. RAids are elitist, mounts are casual/rpg. Guess what, each of those players will even more do what they already do, and ignore the other part. Guess what: not keeping the player base together, as a whole, instead of fractures, will tear wholes in the player base.

So my only hope is they fix the (hard to implement, but do it anyway) requirements to keep the non Mount lovers in the game. But i’m very sceptical.

So the only big thing i see is mounts (in expansion). And some elona reach (wich i like), but mounts seem over focussed. An expansion cannot be solely an execution of a toy. A feature pack could have brought that too.

Feature packs actually so far… feel better then this expansion. Wvw finally good loot system, a lot of content to do like legendary trinket, armor, weapon, Material storage improvement, etc. Small things, that keeps us happy. And don’t uproar some of us… Like mounts. People keep saying mounts is positive. It’s not, it’s create chaos, screen clutter, a new behavior wich kills old immersion play (people will perma use mounts and never walk normally anymore), it kills the ‘inside the building’ feeling (a mount in a building = immersion breaking), it kills town feeling (big raptors on top of npc’s everywhere), etc. Magical carpets, created by doing a quest in the magical sands would have been more true to guild wars inner self. Woodenpotatoes says ‘i like how elona uses less magic, and more creatures, it gives it a disctinction’. True until i read ‘mounts are usable in Tyria too. Distinction gone! Love gone. A legacy uproared into a new (that i don’t like) dimension.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

All POF mount info

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I can honestly say I’d have rather had a new playable race than mounts, I’m sure I’ll find some amusement from them so long as the controls aren’t horrible. But I’d have been more impressed with being able to play as something new for this expansion.
Honestly, I don’t know a single person in my guild that was hyped that they might be getting mounts with this expansion. I’ll take it, but it’s not what I was hoping for.

All POF mount info

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m glad the mounts issue is finally settled. Now, can we move on to capes? And mounts with capes?

All POF mount info

Posted by: Meanma.5623

Meanma.5623

That’s a lot of salt about mounts. An awful lot.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-guild-wars-2-path-of-fire/

Check out this article if you haven’t yet, it’s got some sweet details about mounts and the expansion in general.

This is a ‘content’ expansion
Heart of Thorns was, according to ArenaNet, a feature expansion. While it added new zones, its main purpose was to restructure the game’s systems to support future expansions. But its price was a big ask for what was, compared to many MMO expansions, a relatively slim amount of new things to do. And while Heart of Thorns is now a much larger offering thanks to the new maps added in the latest season of the Living World story, Path of Fire is being billed as a content expansion. It follows the basic template set by HoT, and simply adds more stuff. While five new zones may not sound like a huge increase, ArenaNet says that, in total, they’ll be larger than the combined area of both Heart of Thorns and the six Season Three maps.

The bolded part worries me. HoT is not a great expansion to be used as template.

All POF mount info

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

People are upset because anet sold out and became a cookie cutter mmo. They are also not lore friendly and help ruin the immersion. What makes it worse is we don’t have the option of if we don’t like them don’t use them. They are not cosmetic they are part of the mechanics in the new area. We are forced to use them to progress in the story and we are forced to use them to get to certain areas in the map. It is upsetting that anet is forcing people to use them. They should of made the mounts cosmetic or at least give us the option of taking a harder path to get to certain areas. Or let us choose a different way to progress in the story. If we want to experience the next part of the story we have to use something that a lot of people don’t want to use. This is why so many people are upset over the mounts. They are not a choice or option.

And this is why i wont be getting the Xpack. I was gettin kinda excited about it, but now i know its time to move on…..

All POF mount info

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This is a ‘content’ expansion
Heart of Thorns was, according to ArenaNet, a feature expansion. While it added new zones, its main purpose was to restructure the game’s systems to support future expansions. But its price was a big ask for what was, compared to many MMO expansions, a relatively slim amount of new things to do. And while Heart of Thorns is now a much larger offering thanks to the new maps added in the latest season of the Living World story, Path of Fire is being billed as a content expansion. It follows the basic template set by HoT, and simply adds more stuff. While five new zones may not sound like a huge increase, ArenaNet says that, in total, they’ll be larger than the combined area of both Heart of Thorns and the six Season Three maps.

The bolded part worries me. HoT is not a great expansion to be used as template.

No need to worry. All it means is that HOT was the skeleton of features that this is being built on. This is the flesh on that skeleton. An undead skeleton that will rise up and devour the world.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Ravenflame.5890

Ravenflame.5890

Because they’re myopic. I’d be willing to bet quite a lot of money that lack of mounts was a huge driver behind why this game hasn’t performed better. People in general find mounts to add immersion as well as being a very desirable collectible. So, anyone with a brain pretty much knew they’d be coming at some point.

There are loads of reasons that GW2 has not performed better than it has:

1. Level/Zone Scaling: I had a large guild in WoW that was chomping at the bit to dive head first into Tyria and never leave, but the level scaling, they felt, robbed them of a greater sense of gaining more power and progressing in combat ability.

2. Background: There are tons of lore geeks that I remember complaining about how nonsensical and just “off” much of the game’s background feels. Certainly a personal preference, but there it is.

3. No Subscription: For as many people that were attracted by the “Buy and Play” aspect of GW2, there were/are just as many who would never touch it because players don’t have consistent skin in the game beyond their time.

4. Cash Shop: Yes, other games, even WoW has this feature, but WoW is purely cosmetic, with no real in-game advantages to be gained unless you want to boost a character.

5. Flavorful, Yet Boring Combat: Don’t get me wrong, GW2 combat LOOKS awesome, but even I really get tired by how monotonous is begins to feel. Yes, I know it’s an MMORPG what do you expect, but I have never felt this combat fatigue in any other game.

6. No Triad Group System: The whole, no tanks, healers, or dps roles isn’t everyone’s cup of tea either.

So, I guess what I’m trying to say is that there are a LOT better reasons that we can turn to when we ask, “Why isn’t GW2 more successful?” than “Because people don’t want to play an MMORPG without mounts!”

All POF mount info

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

This is funny people saying Anet sold out to be a bland MMO however that happened with raids and trinity.

Can’t take anyone seriously who praises raids and trinity elements yet goes bonkers over mounts. Not calling out anyone just at saying it in general because that excuse is being used all over the place. My Mesmer was forced into a support role I never wanted it to be in yet mounts are the big shift?

All POF mount info

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

That’s a lot of salt about mounts. An awful lot.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Salt_Flats

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

All POF mount info

Posted by: Lynce.9560

Lynce.9560

It really is disheartening seeing ppl complain so much about a feature that is coming with the new expansion, for “dumb” reasons, in my opinion. Mounts have a use other than carrying you from point A to pont B, by itself it makes them diferent for normal mmo mounts. I rather prefer the mounts instead of the stupid mushrooms in Hot, plus the fact that i won’t have to put a kitten speed buff/skill on my builds anymore so thank you for that.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

This is funny people saying Anet sold out to be a bland MMO however that happened with raids and trinity.

Yup. GW2 also has PvP, gear-based progression, levels, character classes, crafting and instances (dungeons/fractals). What a cheap rip-off of every other MMO, eh? Let’s get rid of all that and be true purists.

I’ll never understand why people have such a hate-on for mounts — especially considering how annoying it is to move around the maps with characters who don’t have a passive movement speed bonus baked into an obligatory trait line. Plus, these mounts actually have different functionalities that look useful and fun, they’re not just 101 reskinned horses

All POF mount info

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I’m so happy to see another great expansion to my favorite game, World of Guildcraft.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Renok.5684

Renok.5684

I trully cannot understand all the crying about mounts. Mounts are awesome, especially how Arenanet implemented them into this game (animation, usage, attack skill, etc.).

This expansion and the mounts are the main reason I am returning to GW2.

HoT was a weak expansion imho with all the overcomplicated maps.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You may be happy to know that so far from what I can tell, mount speed is slower than swiftness. Hopefully it stays that way, I like the idea of the mounts being movement skills. Jumping, teleporting, and hovering, like gliding they just give us new ways to move around. They don’t need to be faster than running.

In fact personally I hope they are simply 25% movement speed. An optional replacement for the passive 25% every class but guardian gets.

People say they’re slower, but in fact they have superspeed effect that entering combat won’t slow them down one bit, so they’re far better than swiftness.

All POF mount info

Posted by: Leytere.8371

Leytere.8371

Severaly limit mounts in their ‘flashyness’. The raptor (i’ll give you that Anet, but only that), was surprisingly… real and normal. Tjhe other mounts are already immersion killing. Any cashhop grab with a superflashy purple, magical aura dinasaur you can walk on for 1000 gems, nope, no way. i’m still clueless how mounts are linked to masteries (and only 4) cause everyone knows you want a new glide skin cash cow successor. I really hope you use your love for the game, rather then ‘mindset for maximum income’.

This ^
I remember wow, in the beginning there was not a lot of different mounts, and they weren’t flashy, you didn’t see a lot of people with other races mount too cause it was a pain to get so it didn’t break my immersion, nowadays it’s a kittenfest of flashy big ugly mounts.
Just compare the beginning of AV (the biggest battleground) in the past wow and now :
Past AV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiRhbkMTwYs (they start at 2:00 min).
Recent AV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlJb6mnxDAg (1 min start)

All POF mount info

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

This ^
I remember wow, in the beginning there was not a lot of different mounts, and they weren’t flashy, you didn’t see a lot of people with other races mount too cause it was a pain to get so it didn’t break my immersion, nowadays it’s a kittenfest of flashy big ugly mounts.
Just compare the beginning of AV (the biggest battleground) in the past wow and now :
Past AV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiRhbkMTwYs (they start at 2:00 min).
Recent AV : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlJb6mnxDAg (1 min start)

Just like gliders… really.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

All POF mount info

Posted by: Emprer.7256

Emprer.7256

Lol I love the mounts and I will be sure to ride them whenever I can. And buy all the skins if there is ever one available. Too bad for people who hate them. It’d be great if they could hide others’ mounts so their immersion wont be ruined.((

All POF mount info

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I trully cannot understand all the crying about mounts. Mounts are awesome, especially how Arenanet implemented them into this game (animation, usage, attack skill, etc.).

This expansion and the mounts are the main reason I am returning to GW2.

HoT was a weak expansion imho with all the overcomplicated maps.

Yeah, it’s a pretty silly point of view; the arguments surrounding the opposition to mounts really don’t hold much water. Having mounts is far more realistic and immersive than not having them, and they’re one of the most fundamental drivers of collection-oriented income in a microtransaction business model.

All POF mount info

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Lol I love the mounts and I will be sure to ride them whenever I can. And buy all the skins if there is ever one available. Too bad for people who hate them. It’d be great if they could hide others’ mounts so their immersion wont be ruined.((

The first mount lover on forums, that is reasonable. Anet hire this guy. +1000 000.

I don’t like mounts (just taste, not something you can change). That doens’t mean i don’t wish well for those who like it. I simply want to be heard, (and atm feels it’s deaf man ears form Anet), that mounts can kill the immersion for those that it isn’t to their taste.

All POF mount info

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Always the balance bending in extreme bad or good, but mounts are like everything in this game, they have pros that sometimes make cons appear:
-The mounts are beautiful and very well animated and realistic SO it induce motion sickness for some players.
-The mount are a mean of transports SO it will have an impact on TPs.
-If mount would fly, it WILL ruin immersion and the feeling of being stuck by obstacles.

All is linked, of course it depends on your opinions, you can say whatever you want, but for me, surfing on a manta-ray kind monster through all maps is just awesome! We don’t speak of basic animal like horse, wolves, lion…. that make this mmo generic, but real mythical creatures! BUT they should be Forbidden in capitals (Rata,LA,BC,DR,Grove,Hoelbrak). Also in other maps ok. Also an option to enable or disable the view of them is just STUPID, did you have an option to disable seeing gliders? No, that’s the same thing there, after an amount of time, it will be totally usual to see mounts!

But at the negative point, yes, yes it makes GW2 an generic MMO, and that’s sad, it’s the developer choice, but would rather see pact’s vehicles to drive us through the map, are we inside the battlefield or not? We arrive with an futurist airship and then, bye! Good luck! For me Crystal Desert is the same as Arah or Stigmatized lands in the north, we are in krakatorik’s domain, so pact must be deployed here too, the Ebon’s guard in front of crystal desert door, told us that mystical events happens and that it’s not safe, and we arrive hands in our pockets…

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

(edited by hugo.4705)

All POF mount info

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

People are upset because anet sold out and became a cookie cutter mmo. They are also not lore friendly and help ruin the immersion. What makes it worse is we don’t have the option of if we don’t like them don’t use them.

“I don’t like mounts so no-one should have them”

I’ve got good news for you! There are lots of single player games where other people’s enjoyment can’t ruin your immersion.

Or if you want a (slightly) more constructive argument, start a NO MOUNTS GoFundMe. If you get to $500,000 maybe you can convince Arenanet to set up a Mounts Disabled server…