All around feedback from a solo player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osby.5390

Osby.5390

Hi there,

I’ve been playing Guild wars since Guild wars 1 was released and the same for Guild Wars 2. Because I am a mostly solo and casual player in GW2 I have not been able to do a lot of things in the game such as Fractals, Dungeons, crafting legendary’s & Ascended gear. This is just my feedback and opinion and it is not meant to step on anyone’s toes or grind anyone’s gears for reactions, this is just how I feel personally about a couple of things in game that are bothering me.

I really love GW2 as I love exploring and have completed the map fully on my main character (my Ranger). I am not a PVP person never have been never will be. When I did map completion you had to get the WVW maps as well which nearly killed me to do.

Anyway to the feedback part of this.

1. I am part way through crafting the Bi Frost and have crafted the experiment. Upon researching what was required to craft further I see I needed 500 Zhaitan marks and also a Gift of Battle. This has really put a dampener in my spirit because I suck at PVP and when I say I suck I mean I really suck. The Zhaitan marks I can most likely get after continuous grinding now that I have found a nice Guild of people to join after playing for 3 or so years. I am not too keen to do PVP to get this Gift of Battle and it has almost put me off continuing to try to craft the Bifrost now.

2. My second gripe is to do with the story mode and the NPC’s in the story with you. Now this is the same in HOT as well. I find them incredibly unresponsive when you are in the instance you will be getting fully attacked enemies in among-st you and the NPC’s and they just stand there doing nothing???? Not sure what happened to the amazing AI that was part of the GW1 experience? Sadly I find them no help at all and forgive the negative remark but they are utterly useless. I noticed they do not attack until an enemy actually hits them I do not think they are supposed to be this dopey? I did claw island with my new Thief last night and they just stood there while I had to fight off hordes of undead getting downed alot. This did not really make for a enjoyable playing experience to be honest and was quite stressful.

Well they are two most pressing things bothering me about the game right now and would just like to add I do love this game very much always have and I am sure you can make it better for us little solo-ists and explorers.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

For the dungeon tokens, there are PvP daily rooms for PvE people. Go do your PvP dailies in them with the Arah reward track selected and you’ll get the dungeon tokens. (You’ll need to have done the story line dungeon first). If you go right after reset each day there is usually PvE hosts who will kick out anyone who breaks the PvE friendly rules. Find a room that says daily and ask what the rules are as they are a bit different for each arena.

Posted by: Osby.5390

Osby.5390

Thanks Chad, I will try that

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

WvW progress for Gift of Battle:

You can take camps solo (just run off or let the other player kill you if you run into the enemy) and complete non-PvP specific dailies in WvW (Big Spender – you should have some badges of honor from achievement point chests, capture a ruin, camp taker, veteran killer). Just hang around in WvW after taking the camps so that you get progression (hang out far from a camp or back at the home base area).

Just make sure you’ve selected the Gift of Battle reward track.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can take camps solo (just run off or let the other player kill you if you run into the enemy) and complete non-PvP specific dailies in WvW (Big Spender – you should have some badges of honor from achievement point chests, capture a ruin, camp taker, veteran killer). Just hang around in WvW after taking the camps so that you get progression (hang out far from a camp or back at the home base area).

Sentries also give participation. Even easier than a camp.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you choose to do the reward tracks for the Gift and Dungeon tokens, and have any experience boosters, they give +50% to reward track gain in PvP/WvW.

While I don’t care about how useless the NPC’s are, you’re right that they are generally useless.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

also Gift of Battle reward track can be selected in Edge of The Mists, which is a much lighter version of WvW, and can be quite enjoyable even if you don’t like PvP encounters.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

For the dungeon tokens, there are PvP daily rooms for PvE people. Go do your PvP dailies in them with the Arah reward track selected and you’ll get the dungeon tokens. (You’ll need to have done the story line dungeon first). If you go right after reset each day there is usually PvE hosts who will kick out anyone who breaks the PvE friendly rules. Find a room that says daily and ask what the rules are as they are a bit different for each arena.

Hey, good to know! This could probably really help me out and maybe give me reason to try out PvP.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you choose to do the reward tracks for the Gift and Dungeon tokens, and have any experience boosters, they give +50% to reward track gain in PvP/WvW.

While I don’t care about how useless the NPC’s are, you’re right that they are generally useless.

and another +3% to +10% if your guild has the upgrade

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

For Gift of Battle, I farmed the reward track a couple times by capping sentries and camps to max out my participation and then capping a ruin every 4 minutes or so to maintain it. Took awhile but it can be shorten by using XP boosters from what I heard.