All everyone does at 80 is farm at waypoints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

No one does events, everyone just sits and farms at particularly one waypoint (penitent) which constantly spawns undead that attack.

Posted by: Halo.1064

Halo.1064

That does sound horrifying (and I won’t be doing that if it’s true), but I’m sure some people are PvPing and such, yeah?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you farm a waypoint?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you farm a waypoint?

Hang out there waiting for an attack event. It’s pretty effective, but tediously boring, so I don’t do it.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Penitent is actually an event, it’s just easier to farm (and bot) in.

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

People who do this must have really empty lives. What normal person wastes their free time standing in the same spot to farm whatever it is they’re farming?

Posted by: Gave.9408

Gave.9408

People who do this must have really empty lives. What normal person wastes their free time standing in the same spot to farm whatever it is they’re farming?

The same people who farm the same nodes, dungeons, or keeps in-game so that their characters can get armor that makes them look prettier.

Posted by: Galactus.2108

Galactus.2108

Whats funny is its probably the people that come on the forums here and complain about nothing to do endgame. They just alt-tab between events and write a whiny post, and alt-tab back just in time to get credit for it.

Gave.9408

Whats funny is its probably the people that come on the forums here and complain about nothing to do endgame. They just alt-tab between events and write a whiny post, and alt-tab back just in time to get credit for it.

If by “something to do” you’re insinuating that there’s something that doesn’t require a grind in order to get gear, then do inform me which part of the game that is. Maybe then I can stop alt-tabbing. Until, I’ll keep laughing at the forums and waiting on the xpac / content patch.

Posted by: Galactus.2108

Galactus.2108

If by “something to do” you’re insinuating that there’s something that doesn’t require a grind in order to get gear, then do inform me which part of the game that is. Maybe then I can stop alt-tabbing. Until, I’ll keep laughing at the forums and waiting on the xpac / content patch.

Well i’m still having fun…so to each his own. And this is an MMO, not sure what you were expecting when it comes to acquiring higher level gear.

Gave.9408

Motivation to actually waste time on vanity skins.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

So you wanted a gear treadmill, even though ArenaNet said there wouldn’t be one in this game. So why did you buy this game?

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well that’s another interesting question.

If it happens quickly, then you get it, and then you have nothing to do. If it takes a long time to get, then you have something to do, but that is just a grind.

So what is the answer? I’m not asking you to solve our problems, I’m just quoting you because you happened to sum up in a few sentences two things which seem to be really at odds with each other.

So to the floor: What is this magic balance between grind and not being handed something easily, and then having nothing to do? What form does “having something to do” need to take to keep you engaged and playing so that over time you eventually get that thing you want, without it then being called “a grind”, and still being called “something to do”?

Gave.9408

So you wanted a gear treadmill, even though ArenaNet said there wouldn’t be one in this game. So why did you buy this game?

There already is a gear treadmill, assuming you have a preference for a particular piece of gear in a dungeon. You go from what piece you have, to grinding for one you want.

The fact there are no stats doesn’t make it any less grind-y or superficial.

Honestly, I expected to at least enjoy the process of acquiring new skins – not being forced to repeat an arduous processes without some sort of reassurance. As well, I like how the automated response seems to be insinuating I’m desiring “moar stats” or a tier-like system of armor upgrades.

Way to jump to conclusions.

Posted by: Tassy.5891

Tassy.5891

those are bots. The level 80 zone is at least on my server “Sorrows” 1/3 bot’s. Many of which are at penitent wp.

I have given up reporting bots as the mods are either swamped or busy with other things. The same bots are in place 24/7 an have not changed in the last 7 days.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

There already is a gear treadmill, assuming you have a preference for a particular piece of gear in a dungeon. You go from what piece you have, to grinding for one you want.

The fact there are no stats doesn’t make it any less grind-y or superficial.

Honestly, I expected to at least enjoy the process of acquiring new skins – not being forced to repeat an arduous processes without some sort of reassurance. As well, I like how the automated response seems to be insinuating I’m desiring “moar stats” or a tier-like system of armor upgrades.

Way to jump to conclusions.

The arduous system to acquire skins is there to please achievement-oriented gamers.