All new skins for Halloween from

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Q:

ToT bags? I’m just wondering. As I don’t want to be farming hp bags when I need to be doing something else to get the skins I like the look of.

And by skins I mean the ones shown on the release page.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Suggestion: Wait until Oktober 23rd and find out like everyone else

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

BrotherBelial.3094

Suggestion: Wait until Oktober 23rd and find out like everyone else

Yeah….. But I know how fond ANet is of posting answers everywhere other than there forums.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Candy Corn vendors have new items on offer, Trick-or-Treat bags have a chance to drop new weapons, a mini, or a karka hatchling helm

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

It might also be a case of ToT OR vendors, as I recall you could get the minis last year from bags (rng) or outright buying them for candy cobs.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they are minis or skins inside ToT bags expect them to be a rare drop, like one in 500k bags. ANet does love dangling that carrot way up high.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

If they are minis or skins inside ToT bags expect them to be a rare drop, like one in 500k bags. ANet does love dangling that carrot way up high.

They might be tradeable though and I imagine the prices will be cheap a week in. Zuzu mini from last Halloween still goes for 7-8g a year later.

BrotherBelial.3094

You mean like the winters day ones?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Candy Corn vendors have new items on offer, Trick-or-Treat bags have a chance to drop new weapons, a mini, or a karka hatchling helm

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-23-2015/

It might also be a case of ToT OR vendors, as I recall you could get the minis last year from bags (rng) or outright buying them for candy cobs.

That page has some really interesting things in the pictures.
Pumpkin hammer
Butterfly wings
Dragon? wings
a mummy backpack?
some odd minis

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Candy Corn vendors have new items on offer, Trick-or-Treat bags have a chance to drop new weapons, a mini, or a karka hatchling helm, and those who face the Mad King in his dungeon have a chance for a rare and marvelous reward!

Different items available from different methods, but we don’t know what.

If it’s like the aqua breather from Wintersday, then the PvP track will give a definite option of it.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was thinking about the Mini Gwynefred, that was about 1:200,000 bags, but I read posts where people opened way more than that and didn’t get one. I think someone posted who bought and opened 1 million ToT bags. ANet expressed satisfaction with the low drop rate, saying it was where they wanted it to be.

ANet may give it to you.

BrotherBelial.3094

I was thinking about the Mini Gwynefred, that was about 1:200,000 bags, but I read posts where people opened way more than that and didn’t get one. I think someone posted who bought and opened 1 million ToT bags. ANet expressed satisfaction with the low drop rate, saying it was where they wanted it to be.

Yeah I see mini’s being that way, as the mini collectors go nuts over that sort of thing. I just hope it’s not the fire hound looking thing. the wife has tasked me with getting one so she can have a better look lol.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah I see mini’s being that way, as the mini collectors go nuts over that sort of thing. I just hope it’s not the fire hound looking thing. the wife has tasked me with getting one so she can have a better look lol.

If they had made it sellable, low numbers are reasonable and even good. But it’s account bound and I don’t think those low numbers are a ideal way to do it.

ANet may give it to you.

BrotherBelial.3094

If they had made it sellable, low numbers are reasonable and even good. But it’s account bound and I don’t think those low numbers are a ideal way to do it.

Two words, Gold Sink.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Two words, Gold Sink.

People would still be opening bags to get the goodies. You could argue that more people would be opening more bags if they thought the mini was reasonably attainable or that there was a big payoff to open bags. I know I didn’t ever bother to open more bags than the ones I got as drops after I saw the odds, so zero gold sink from at least one player.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I hope they take the reasonable approach which would be have the skins and minis be RNG with the option to outright buy them from a vendor via candy corn or some other related item we get from doing Halloween events.

BrotherBelial.3094

I hope they take the reasonable approach which would be have the skins and minis be RNG with the option to outright buy them from a vendor via candy corn or some other related item we get from doing Halloween events.

I hope the weapons skins are fairly common, and do go the way of the others, being hundreds of gold. I can see some mini’s and candy corn sinks.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’s a gargoyle, btw. You fight them in the Mad King’s Labyrinth.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

BrotherBelial.3094

That’s a gargoyle, btw. You fight them in the Mad King’s Labyrinth.

Yeah, I couldn’t remember there names. Thanks for reminding me.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

No he means the Mini Gwny… rarer than rocking horse doo doo and account bound so you cant buy it on TP and wasn’t available from vendors.. it was a very small carrot held way up high – I expect much of the same again this year

BrotherBelial.3094

No he means the Mini Gwny… rarer than rocking horse doo doo and account bound so you cant buy it on TP and wasn’t available from vendors.. it was a very small carrot held way up high – I expect much of the same again this year

It was one mini. One. Everything else was easily gotten.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

ToT bags? I’m just wondering. As I don’t want to be farming hp bags when I need to be doing something else to get the skins I like the look of.

It’s ok I bought like 20 thousand ToT bags when the announcement hit… I’ll happily sell you one of my extra skins for a couple hundred gold

Linfang.1087

It’s ok I bought like 20 thousand ToT bags when the announcement hit… I’ll happily sell you one of my extra skins for a couple hundred gold

Or they can go the easy route like they did Wintersday and make the skins easy

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy-Cane_Hammer_Skin

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Come on, as much as I’d love them to do this (go back to the SAB reward structure), this is Anet we’re talking about. They know we don’t like RNG (had that thread, possibly a CDI) and yet they still put almost everything behind that…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Linfang.1087

Come on, as much as I’d love them to do this (go back to the SAB reward structure), this is Anet we’re talking about. They know we don’t like RNG (had that thread, possibly a CDI) and yet they still put almost everything behind that…

That’s why I started my statement with “hope” I would not be surprised if we get the middle RNG finger. Also if they put a silly timer on the events like they did for that Modrem event , so we go do HoT between that well that’s another story

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wonder what the new “gwynefyrdd mini” will be this year with an incredibly low drop rate.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Probably the new greataxe

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Or they can go the easy route like they did Wintersday and make the skins easy

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy-Cane_Hammer_Skin

Yeah I think they learned their lesson with that…