All the new outfits are not worth it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

700 gems without a toy to come with it is a rip-off compared to old outfits. Rabble rabble.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

TBH, I hate toys. They take up space in my vault instead of going into my wardrobe or into a collection slot.

I wouldn’t be upset if they lowered the price of outfits, but I do like them. I like the way some of them look and they’re easy to switch around when I get bored. Plus, they’re free of transmutation charges.

I think some of them are ugly, of course. There’s only 11-12 that I’ve bought in 3 years’ time.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Never use the toys myself. I don’t throw them away because you never know, but other than that they sit in my inventory.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Still waiting for a Surfer, Swimming or Tarzan outfit.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

RubberDougie.2750

Meh, I think Costume Brawl is the best thing GW2 has going for it, even after the expansion.

RubberDougie.2750

So, will we ever see worthwhile outfits again? IE ones that come with toys?

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Lyssa outfit is good looking. A great design. But yeah, not gonna get it cause outfits are pointless to me. I prefer mix-n-match.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

99% of that outfits arent worth it because they’re whole pieces. Now that HoT is out they should work on breaking outfits into individual armor pieces. they have plenty of time and resources now. And it can’t be any more difficult than what they’ve done with the armors released with HoT.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

99% of that outfits arent worth it because they’re whole pieces. Now that HoT is out they should work on breaking outfits into individual armor pieces. they have plenty of time and resources now. And it can’t be any more difficult than what they’ve done with the armors released with HoT.

Maybe. And maybe they’re working on the next expansion now and don’t have plenty of time and resources to rework outfits. Unless you’re in the know, you can’t just state that they have all this spare time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Znake.9762

Znake.9762

I would personally pay for good looking armor skins but not outfits. I would have wanted a Crystal Arbiter armor but was disappointed when it was just an outfit.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The only outfit I have bought is the wedding one, and only because it truly changes depending on gender and race. Even with that, it still an outfit I can’t modify to be unique and original, like with mix-n-match armor.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I’d like an outfit where your character wears layered polo shirts, a sideways hat, and cargo shorts or a sleeveless tanktop, sunglasses, and workout shorts. There’s a noticeable demand for casual yet modern clothing.

Urosh Uchiha.9732

There is also a high demand apparently for sci-fi outfits. Imagine if they added an astronaut outfit and a lightsaber and whatnot related to sci-fi movies. How does that fit the lore of this game exactly?

I’m sick of wings and stuff like that as it is, I’d rather not see ‘modern’ clothing and other things that don’t fit this universe.

Agemnon.4608

There is also a high demand apparently for sci-fi outfits. Imagine if they added an astronaut outfit and a lightsaber and whatnot related to sci-fi movies. How does that fit the lore of this game exactly?

I’m sick of wings and stuff like that as it is, I’d rather not see ‘modern’ clothing and other things that don’t fit this universe.

Stuffy games aren’t fun. Options and silly out of place things are. This is a game, it’s meant to be fun. I like sci-fi ideas and with a little improvisation can already be made. I had (well balanced) lightsabers in Skyrim and that didn’t fit the lore at all. GW2 isn’t singleplayer so it can’t have modding for obvious reasons (if it were though I’d already download the no fall damage mod since fall damage contradicts my fanon and character powerlevels) such as messing with PvP and WvW balance but I have fun with my Mad King, Jungle Explorer, witch, baseball, and gas mask hats.

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Yeah, it is a game. It is meant to be fun. And for me the fun comes from immersive things. When I get into the universe that the developers made in this world of theirs. Cause I’m big on lore and such things. Adding things that simply don’t fit in this universe just to make a quick buck (almost as bad as breaking the 4th wall) make a huge issue to me. If you want wings go play Aion, if you want sci-fi there is that Star Wars mmo.

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Sci-fi or modern clothing don’t fit the game at all and I’d rather not see them. The occasional silly hat doesn’t bother me that much, and neither does the incidental gimmick item, but full blown outfits that aren’t representative of the GW2 setting should never be added.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

All we get in the shop are outfits .. armor sets will be only available ingame, because
the community wanted it so .. and that means most of them will ofc. be those
“exclusive rewards” for raiders only i bet.

After no new sets in the Gem-Shop for 1.5 years now, i really expected that we get
at least 10-15+ sets maybe with HoT .. and also maybe some you don’t need to
grind stuff you don’t enjoy for .. so far i have got Revenant Boots and Gloves .. yay.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Those Outfits are poorly designed too anyway.

Like the Noble Count outfit on Females.

That black thing inside is just ridiculous.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

No outfit is worth it… I only buy them on sales and I do it in case in the future we will be able to mix and match the skins.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Sci-fi or modern clothing don’t fit the game at all and I’d rather not see them. The occasional silly hat doesn’t bother me that much, and neither does the incidental gimmick item, but full blown outfits that aren’t representative of the GW2 setting should never be added.

Sci-fi doesn’t fit the setting? Have you even MET an asura?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Agemnon.4608

What?! That’s even one of the best designs! It’s elegant and classy, although one can see the polygon shapes on the butt, but that’s an engine issue not an issue with the outfit itself. After smoothing out some of those lines it’ll be perfect, but that’ll require a drastic engine overhaul.

The wedding dress outfit is cute too, all that’s left is a princess outfit (males can dress like kings with the traditional robe and crown I’d totes buy that! :D ) which would be amazing on asura and human females ^_^

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

What?! That’s even one of the best designs! It’s elegant and classy, although one can see the polygon shapes on the butt, but that’s an engine issue not an issue with the outfit itself. After smoothing out some of those lines it’ll be perfect, but that’ll require a drastic engine overhaul.

The wedding dress outfit is cute too, all that’s left is a princess outfit (males can dress like kings with the traditional robe and crown I’d totes buy that! ) which would be amazing on asura and human females

Check the thing below.
Especially when jumping or gliding.

When I saw that on other players I simply decided to not purchase it.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

The wedding dress outfit is cute too, all that’s left is a princess outfit (males can dress like kings with the traditional robe and crown I’d totes buy that! ) which would be amazing on asura and human females

Excuse me.

If there’s going to be a princess outfit, it kitten well better make my burly Norn ranger look like a bloody princess.

I would buy the kitten out of that outfit, by the way. XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Agemnon.4608

The wedding dress outfit is cute too, all that’s left is a princess outfit (males can dress like kings with the traditional robe and crown I’d totes buy that! :D ) which would be amazing on asura and human females ^_^

Excuse me.

If there’s going to be a princess outfit, it kitten well better make my burly Norn ranger look like a bloody princess.

I would buy the kitten out of that outfit, by the way. XD

It would but how would the Norn theme work out for it? Maybe something similar to Princess Peach’s outfit since she’s very tall (I’d guess 5’7" or 5’8" but very tall for human is very short for Norn so…)? The coronet outfit from Long Live the Queen would be a great option for any race too ^_^

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Its a princess outfit, it should stay a dress even on males. It would save so much design time making two appearances just because gender.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Its a princess outfit, it should stay a dress even on males. It would save so much design time making two appearances just because gender.

I actually have a female sylvari I’d buy the count’s outfit in a heartbeat for if she could wear the male version of it. She would rock that.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I actually have a female sylvari I’d buy the count’s outfit in a heartbeat for if she could wear the male version of it. She would rock that.

I feel your pain, the fact that the male and female versions don’t even look like they’re part of the same set irks me even further

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

It would but how would the Norn theme work out for it? Maybe something similar to Princess Peach’s outfit since she’s very tall (I’d guess 5’7" or 5’8" but very tall for human is very short for Norn so…)? The coronet outfit from Long Live the Queen would be a great option for any race too

I wouldn’t describe 5’7" or 5’8" as “very tall” for a woman.

I’m 5’ 9" and I only describe myself as tall; not very tall.

My half sister is 6’ and I quite often see girls around who are over 6’.

That is what I would describe as very tall.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth