All the possible stat triplets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Castigator.3470

Castigator.3470

I had a little time on my hand, so I thought I’d compile a table, that lists all 105 possible stat triplets our game has to offer.

Plus three outliers, one of which is Celestial gear, as it isn’t a triplet and offers uniqe small stat bonuses, the other two outliers are Winter and Giver stats.
Winter grants only one main stat plus boon duration and magic find.
Giver stats aren’t even self consitent and differ between weapon and armor.

So to the real question in this thread: Which stat triplet, that isn’t already ingame, would you possibly want ingame?

Plus, if you want one stat triplet on your weapons/armor, that isn’t currently in the game, how would you name your triplet? Which archetype fits your triplet the best?

The original file uses the .ods format, but the forum doesn’t trust me to upload anything other than .png .jpeg .gif .txt and .log . So have a plain text file instead. I am sorry for all the people who would have liked the Excel file and would like to ask why the forum doesn’t just prohibit executable files?

Attachments:

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’m not a fan of the tri-stat system. But one change I would have liked to see, is to remove the "major/minor" stat aspect. So all 3 was identical. I know a lot of people would dislike this, but it would simply remove useless clutter in the design.

Right now many stat sets like Cleric is weird because it got major stat healing power, where probably everyone would prefer Power, or even Toughness as the main stat.

This would also make it easier to play with different setups, as you’re not locked into either major power or condi damage sets only, but could actually use things such as Carrion and Knights as well to supplement a build without losing out on your favored damage stat.

This would also reduce the amount of possible stat combinations considerably.

Honestly I’d wish to see them move away from Tri-Stat, I’m using lots of Celestial for that reason, but would like to see some of the new PvP amulets made available like the one that gave Power+Precision+Ferocity/Vitality split.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Condition/Precision/Vit would be rad for a lot of builds that use proc traits or sigils but don’t want to have zero HP and still run conditions.

Guild Master ā€“ The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Westwater.1095

Westwater.1095

I wish power/ferocity/condi damage was a thing.

Sure it might seem useless on it’s own, but some classes can build up pretty decent crit rates on their own, particularly guardian which can reach a 58% crit chance without ANY precision at all with a sword. Add in spotter and crit banner and you got a solid crit chance with virtually all the positives of sinister and zerker gear.

Posted by: MikazukiYuki.5036

MikazukiYuki.5036

Sure it might seem useless on it’s own, but some classes can build up pretty decent crit rates on their own, particularly guardian which can reach a 58% crit chance without ANY precision at all with a sword. Add in spotter and crit banner and you got a solid crit chance with virtually all the positives of sinister and zerker gear.

As a future Reaper, I would also love to have this stat combination. I can’t think of a good name for it though. Hmm…sinister+berserker…Manic or Maniacal, perhaps?

I’d also like to see a high-ferocity…anything, really. Just to see how it plays in comparison to similar setups.

Professional Lurker
Suffers from Altaholism and Necromancitosis

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

You left out the weird 4 stat combos avail on max stat trinkets, etc.

Castigator.3470

Iā€™m not a fan of the tri-stat system. But one change I would have liked to see, is to remove the “major/minor” stat aspect. So all 3 was identical. I know a lot of people would dislike this, but it would simply remove useless clutter in the design.

This is an interesting point. Let’s do a quick calculation:

3 Attributes make 3 possible Combinations, then it goes like:
(Attributes, Combinations)(3,3) (4 ,12) (5,30) (6,60) (7,105) (8,168) (9,252) (10,360).
Which can be described with the function C(a)=(a^3-3a^2+2a)/2 .

Which is why I didn’t count magic find, boon duration, or condition duration as stats.
Plus, the weighting creates less desirable, but otherwise identical stat combinations, like Berserker’s and Assassins, that share the same triplet.

When we remove the weighting, we can reduce the total possible combinations by a factor of three without affecting build diversity.
The new possible combinations go like:
(3,1) (4,4) (5,10) (6,20) (7,35) (8,56) (9,84) (10,120).
Which is the fundamentally similar function C(a)=(a^3-3a^2+2a)/6 .

35 Possible stat combinations are more manageable and there is no Berserker/Assassins/FER+POW+PRE redundance. This might end up making celestial easier to balance, as you can just half the major stat bonus for the same attribute total.

Urban, if I may suggest: Since Rabid is CON+PRE+TOU, and can mean “an animal infected by rabies”, which hints at a deteriorating body can we call the CON+PRE+VIT triplet Madman’s, to point at a deteriorating mind?

@Westwater: Interesting. Since it is neighboring Zealot’s and Valkyrie’s, would Hierophant’s fit the POW+FER+CON setup? Thinking of Burntsoul right now.

@Mikazuki Yuki: I have no idea why there isn’t at least one triplet, that has ferocity as its major stat. The stats seem to emphasize power, condition damage and for some odd reason healing power.

@Quiznos: I did? But they aren’t even triplets, so they’d fall into the outlier category. I am not too fond of irregularities and numerous outliers in my stat systems. Celestial is OK, since it’s a jack of all stats master of none tradeoff, but stat quadruplets feel strange. I never encountered a 4 stat item, nor did I read of it. Can you point me to this curious find?

(edited by Castigator.3470)

PopeUrban.2578

@Castigator

Rabid is a set that’s more condition damage and resistanc to white damage, like a rabid animal that shrugs off blows due to its insanity while infecting its prey with a septic bite, right?

Vit is more useful for resisting conditions than white damage, so the con+pre+vit would be more like a small, highly venomous creature that’s not exactly resistant to massive trauma, but is pretty resistant to other toxins. Like a snake or lizard or something. How about “Reptilian” or “Serpentine” or simply “Toxic”

Guild Master ā€“ The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Castigator.3470

I like the sound of Toxic, Serpentine is good too. How about Scorpion’s? They are small, highly poisonous creatures, that so resistant to radiation, they can live through a nuclear winter.

PopeUrban.2578

Scorpion’s sounds cool too!

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

@ Castigator + Mikazuki Yuki

Regarding Stat Focusing: Power and Condition damage is the most popular, so it makes sense that there are lots of stat sets around them. About Healing Power, beats me! I still can’t figure it out, I’d love Clerics in general but I do hate that Healing Power is the main stat.

The lack of ferocity is probably because in "general" the stat is useless without the full zerk package. So they probably haven’t seen a reason to make it a major stat.

@ Castigator + Quiznos

Regarding 4 stat items: Guessing he is referencing some of the ascended trinkets etc that has a split stat setup ? Iirc one of the Dire trinkets has some extra precision added but a bit less vitality if memory servers. I think this is because they didn’t have an upgrade "gem" for Dire when they made them, so they calculated it as Dire amulet + Rabid upgrade gem or something. You can see this on a couple of the ascended trinkets at least.

Alternatively, PvP recently gotten a few amulets with more than 3 stats, which I find interesting and hope they bring along to the rest of the game.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

As a future Reaper, I would also love to have this stat combination. I can’t think of a good name for it though. Hmm…sinister+berserker…Manic or Maniacal, perhaps?

I’d also like to see a high-ferocity…anything, really. Just to see how it plays in comparison to similar setups.

How about the prefix “Bloodthirsty” or “Sadist’s”?