All the small things...

All the small things...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bannex.1923

bannex.1923

Love the game! Hate the fact that carrot nodes are bright green and lush in snowy lands. I know its small but it really sticks out. Any other small issues that bug ppl or am I just weird?

All the small things...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, although carrots popping up in snow might be a bit of a stretch, some of the plants that do pop up in snow are, indeed, bright green. Crocuses, for example. Not only bright green foliage, but vibrant lavender and yellow flowers, as well! =)

All the small things...

bannex.1923

But they would be covered in snow like the cherry aspens in the zone…

All the small things...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure what to say….

…maybe the snow bunnies brushed by them recently. They love the smell of fresh carrots! =)

All the small things...

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

As someone that has crocus lining her sidewalk, I can definitely say they are bright green with very vibrant flowers (mine are all yellow and purple). It’s almost painfully out of place when they pop out of the snow at the start of the growing season.

On topic:
Snow wouldn’t necessarily stay on the carrot leaves. It would depend on how fresh the snow, how dense, how much wind, if any animals had disturbed them, etc.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

All the small things...

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Just when I think these forums have debated every conceivable aspect of GW2, I come across this thread about the behavior of snow on carrots. Hehe.

I think the leaves should be snow covered on days when Ambient Killer is part of the daily, but green on all other days. (The bunnies can’t brush them off if we’re all bopping them on the head!)

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

All the small things...

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

One thing that would add to the immersion of the game would be if some race, somewhere, actually spoke a different language. I know that would be a lot of effort for very little gain but it would be so cool.

Oh, and if you search online you’ll see that harvesting carrots in the winter is fairly common. It’s even suggested that they’re sweeter and tastier then.

(edited by Henri Blanche.8276)

All the small things...

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

So, the lush carrot node in the snow bothers you and breaks immersion, but the veteran ettin guarding it does not?

All the small things...

bannex.1923

I’m not disputing the possibility of carrots or plants growing in the snow… I’m just saying it would be nice that they made them covered in snow in the snowier regions of the game… They did this with the cherry aspen. Its not a complicated fix just a nice aesthetic touch like footprints or water splash…. Sheesh some ppl…

All the small things...

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

So, the lush carrot node in the snow bothers you and breaks immersion, but the veteran ettin guarding it does not?

It’s a vegetarian veteran ettin… or a vegeteran ettin… or a vegettin.

“Me no like ’em meat. Me like ’em carrots. Mmmmmm.”

All the small things...

bannex.1923

I also think that the background in the char select screen should reflect what zone they are in. So many great sceneries in gw2 when I show this game to friends they are always surprised how beta the char select screen looks… I mean it doesnt even show ur weapon…

All the small things...

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I dislike the sound that waypoints make. If I use one to get anywhere I have to get away from it fast – VERY FAST.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

All the small things...

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Or trolls. Have you noticed there’s an awful lot of veggie farms being guarded by trolls in this game?

1. (Lion’s Arch) – Mixture of different vegetables at the end of the Troll’s End JP. Guarded by a dead troll.
2. (Brisban Wildlands) – A spinach farm guarded by a whole tribe of trolls in Karston Chambers.
3. (Bloodtide Coast) – A sugar pumpkin farm guarded by, again, a whole tribe of trolls in Risewild Hills.

Who knew that trolls were such ardent lovers of greens? XD

All the small things...

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

I dislike the sound that waypoints make. If I use one to get anywhere I have to get away from it fast – VERY FAST.

I have long loading screens and a short attention span so I usually read various forums whenever I travel somewhere, then 30 minutes later I realise that the waypoint noise has been irritating me for a long time although during this time I felt quite relaxed.

I never liked how that man says “Don’t take your eyes off of it” at Jormag. Saying “off” and “of” next to each other is probably the stupidest sound a human mouth can make. I don’t consider myself an immersion player but if I did, this line would really break it for me, and remind me that I’m not actually in the Guild Wars universe, but the thinkings of an American that doesn’t know any better.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.