All zones are pointless after you´re lvl 80

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

give us a reason to come back to the zones. As far as PVE content all I do is AB multiloot and I´m sick of it. I want to explore Tyria, but I feel like I´m actually losing gold by doing anything other than ML. Find a way to make other zones relevant again.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

There’s wood and ore all over the place. Doing the Astralaria collections (I wouldn’t recommend it), I’ve had to scour the map for various things. All legendary collections work this way. Make a precursor.

The game doesn’t have to be one big gold grind. What are you buying with all that gold? If you’re acquiring it to acquire it, go do something else.

ChrizZcE.5981

There’s wood and ore all over the place. Doing the Astralaria collections (I wouldn’t recommend it), I’ve had to scour the map for various things. All legendary collections work this way. Make a precursor.

The game doesn’t have to be one big gold grind. What are you buying with all that gold? If you’re acquiring it to acquire it, go do something else.

I´m currently gear grinding to get full ascended gear so that I can experience end game content.

Then I´m saving up for future legendaries and legendary armor.

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

but I feel like I´m actually losing gold by doing anything other than ML.

And you’re right. The point is: do you play a game to gain in-game gold or for fun? I remember that old times when all games were just about having fun…

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Then please keep AB farm, nothing to see here.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

You do know about dynamic leveling right? I may know the CT zones like the back of my hand now but they are still challenging. Yesterday I wound up soloing an event with at least one champ and a mob …. yep, died as easily as if it were a level 80 zone.

edit: BTW, if you think gold is the only point you might want to expand your scope.

ChrizZcE.5981

And you’re right. The point is: do you play a game to gain in-game gold or for fun? I remember that old times when all games were just about having fun…

The two shouldn´t be mutually exclusive.

All I´m saying is make other areas more rewarding so that the game feels less grindy.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

give us a reason to come back to the zones.

Erm, for fun? For entertainment?

If you’re playing this game for the loot, all you’re doing is the long way round of increasing a digital integer. Where’s the fun in that? Just keep pressing +1 on a calculator and you’ll get the same result.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The funny thing is you are ALREADY “experiencing the end game content”. I see this all the time in these kinds of games. People always asking or saying things like:

“how do I make gold fast?”
“what’s the best/fastest way to make gold”
“that game content is pointless because it’s not the best method to acquire gold/xx item”.

Tbh I think there is an unhealthy mentality out there for a lot of players. I am not saying any of you that have posted here but I have seen it a lot in my time in online gaming and not only in this game. That unhealthy mentality is “got to keep up with the jones” or “I must get this fast or have it yesterday”.

I have had many many people on my friends list in another game I played on and off for 10+ years who had this mentality and for the most of them they never did get to really enjoy the game for very long.

Meanwhile I just did what was fun for me and funnily enough the gold/wealth just came with it. You see if the gold is not your focus it will build up without you even noticing it. Yet if your gold is the focus, even when/if you are doing the best methods to acquire that gold whatever you are doing will seem like a chore and you will feel that you are getting nowhere or too slowly simply because you are not enjoying that content any longer.

I am not here trying to preach to others how they should play the game. But I am saying a little of what I have seen a lot in my time in mmos.

Having said that, lower maps DO have worthwhile reasons to go back to them, some are:

1 – For fun or sense of discovery all over again.
2 – Map Bonus items you or others may need for crafting.
3 – Collections as other people have said already.
4 – Other achievements such as JPs, Kill xx monsters xx amount of times etc.

Maybe just take a break from focusing on making that gold for a wee bit and just have fun again? Who knows you may not notice it and that gold may just jump up a bit without you even realising it or worrying about it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I play in all zones all the time, I am having fun and been having fun since the beta/early start 4 years ago. I have no idea what this “end game content” is that some talk about. If I saw “end game content” that would mean the game was about to be over and I couldn’t play it anymore unless I started a brand new char. I don’t like games like that.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

All I´m saying is make other areas more rewarding so that the game feels less grindy.

Actually the reward structure has usually been that most game modes should be more or less equalized, that is to say, a person can farm trees and have almost as much gold as a person who runs dungeons. It’s not always equal but it’s also not usually that far off.

The AB multimap throws that balance off. It’s so profitable, people focused on profit want the entire game to be that profitable. That’s not really a reasonable expectation.

Because if you make everything that profitable you have inflation and everything goes up in price. You’re not accomplishing anything. You have a higher amount of gold but if inflation kicks in, it’s not buying any more.

Precursors go up in price. Legendaries go up in price. Mats go up in price. No one would actually win if you made the zones as profitable as the AB meta.

If the AB meta is that profitable, the best solution is to tone it down.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

AB multilooting is 45 minutes every 2 hours. Find something to do during the other hour and 15 minutes. Technically you’re losing money by sitting in LA during the down time. Farming for gold is well and fine imo, but there are plenty of things that takes you back to old maps. A month ago I was wandering core maps finishing dusk crafting. Last week I was wandering all over the place making that cool bloodstone visage. This week I’m doing my 3rd map expo for the next set of legendarys I’m making. Today I retook the balthazar temple to buy obsidian shards. I might even take a detour on my legendary crafting and finish the last 5 specialization collection I have left to finish. Plenty of stuff to do, just need a bit of imagination.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Isn’t this exactly what the Bandit Bounties, Ley-Line Anomalies, Bloodstone-crazed Beasts and now Seis are for?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

AB multilooting is 45 minutes every 2 hours. Find something to do during the other hour and 15 minutes. Technically you’re losing money by sitting in LA during the down time. Farming for gold is well and fine imo, but there are plenty of things that takes you back to old maps. A month ago I was wandering core maps finishing dusk crafting. Last week I was wandering all over the place making that cool bloodstone visage. This week I’m doing my 3rd map expo for the next set of legendarys I’m making. Today I retook the balthazar temple to buy obsidian shards. I might even take a detour on my legendary crafting and finish the last 5 specialization collection I have left to finish. Plenty of stuff to do, just need a bit of imagination.

I have plenty of stuff to do during the downtime. But then, I don’t have that down time because I don’t waste my time with multiloot servers. Most of my money comes from making and selling legendaries, which requires me to go and do things all over the game. It takes longer. It’s a more intensive investment in time, but I still ended up with a couple of thousand gold after buying a permanent bank contract for 3000 gold.

There are other ways to make money in this game. If you want to make the same money all the time, it’s not going to happen, but you can make money doing daily high level fractal runs, or somewhat less money by running the eight quickest dungeon paths…mind you some of that money is offset by tokens you get.

At the end of the day, you’re making your own problem here. The fact that you found one profitable thing to do, doesn’t mean profit is the only motivation of most people, and doesn’t mean the game should be changed to increase inflation. The real solution is to fix the issue in AB, so people don’t have the problem anymore.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Why do you need a reward? If you need gold without grinding just buy gems and convert them. If you could convert gold back to real money you might have a reason to accumulate gold but it does not matter one bit if you have 10,000 gold over what you want to buy or 1 silver.

Some ideas of new stuff ….

Generate a new character and see if you can walk from LA to Cursed Shore as a lowbie.

Give mentoring new users a try.

Surely there is SOMETHING you have not done? All the dungeon paths? What about all the fractals? etc etc

How about something like roleplaying?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How about… uh, you know, play the actual GW2 endgame, WvW and sPvP?

I wish I was young and narrowminded again, would have saved soooooo many pointless gaming hours if I had thought things like “well I played Battlefield 4 singleplayer, there is nothing left to do!”

Posted by: Uvirith.9573

Uvirith.9573

Well, I didn’t read the entire thread but I think I’m the only one who just enjoy wondering arround in the leveling zones just doing events, looking at landscape and listening to npc’s conversations.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There will always be something which makes more gold. Whether it’s because it straight-up gives more or because it’s quicker or easier or simply more popular and so run more often. You’re never going to reach a point where everything gives an equal amount of gold.

GW2 is a game, which means ultimately the point is to have fun, not to make gold. Earning gold can contribute to that through both a sense of achievement and the ability to obtain items you want, but it’s not a goal in it’s own right.

If you’re doing something which is fun then you are being rewarded. Not with gold but with that sense of enjoyment in what you’re doing.

I think it’s also worth bearing in mind that there’s very little you can do with gold which is time sensitive. Which means it’s ok to take a break. Sure it means your currently target will take longer to reach, but it’s not going to make it impossible.

I’m currently working on my 2nd legendary but I really haven’t done much towards it since getting the precursor. My next main task will be to get dungeon tokens, but I haven’t felt like running the dungeon (and I don’t like PvP and WvW doesn’t give many tokens) so I’ve not been doing that.

But it’s ok because I’ve been doing other things which I find fun, and that particular goal isn’t going anywhere. When I do feel like carrying on I can pick up right where I left off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Danikat.8537

Well, I didn’t read the entire thread but I think I’m the only one who just enjoy wondering arround in the leveling zones just doing events, looking at landscape and listening to npc’s conversations.

I suggest you read the thread. I think you’ll find a lot more people agree with you than the OP.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I do it too, but less atm due to so many in game projects atm. Once I’ve finished kitting out this Guild Hall, I’ll go back to playing as you describe whilst levelling alts.

I do use a big range of maps though. Depends what the current map rewards are, so it def isn’t poitnless using other mats post-80. Possibly less efficient, but I don’t play for efficiency

Danikat.8537

I literally can’t play any other way.

I made a new story character yesterday (one of my projects is to play every single personal story instance). I used a level 20 scroll to save time and my plan was to just do the first 2 story chapters and then delete him.

Today I was going past the Windmill in Queensdale, doing the Desperate Medicine storyline when I decided it might be fun to do the heart too, brings back memories of when I was new. Then I decided it’d be fun to climb the windmill and glide off. On the way in I got distracted by an NPC hiding from a bear and was amused when I killed it and she cheered and then went back to her picnic.

Anyway it turns out you can’t get out at the top of the windmill, but by that point I didn’t care because I’d gotten so wrapped up in exploring the inside, looking at all the detail put into it. Then I headed over to the waterworks to take some screenshots of the windmill from a distance….

And that’s when I’m actually trying to focus on just doing one thing.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And that’s when I’m actually trying to focus on just doing one thing.

Dani-skritt?

(I shouldn’t talk — I resemble that, too.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

This is what the Dailies, Current Events, World Completion, and Collections (to name a few) are for.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

The funny thing is you are ALREADY “experiencing the end game content”. I see this all the time in these kinds of games. People always asking or saying things like:

“how do I make gold fast?”
“what’s the best/fastest way to make gold”
“that game content is pointless because it’s not the best method to acquire gold/xx item”.

Tbh I think there is an unhealthy mentality out there for a lot of players. I am not saying any of you that have posted here but I have seen it a lot in my time in online gaming and not only in this game. That unhealthy mentality is “got to keep up with the jones” or “I must get this fast or have it yesterday”.

I have had many many people on my friends list in another game I played on and off for 10+ years who had this mentality and for the most of them they never did get to really enjoy the game for very long.

Meanwhile I just did what was fun for me and funnily enough the gold/wealth just came with it. You see if the gold is not your focus it will build up without you even noticing it. Yet if your gold is the focus, even when/if you are doing the best methods to acquire that gold whatever you are doing will seem like a chore and you will feel that you are getting nowhere or too slowly simply because you are not enjoying that content any longer.

I am not here trying to preach to others how they should play the game. But I am saying a little of what I have seen a lot in my time in mmos.

Having said that, lower maps DO have worthwhile reasons to go back to them, some are:

1 – For fun or sense of discovery all over again.
2 – Map Bonus items you or others may need for crafting.
3 – Collections as other people have said already.
4 – Other achievements such as JPs, Kill xx monsters xx amount of times etc.

Maybe just take a break from focusing on making that gold for a wee bit and just have fun again? Who knows you may not notice it and that gold may just jump up a bit without you even realizing it or worrying about it.

^ This guy gets it. Just play what you want to play. Sure, you won’t have the shinnies to go hardcore-raid/fractal as early, but your overall experience will be more fun and it will last longer. Quality AND Quantity.

NSPride <3

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

Paulytnz.7619: <——— I like you.

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

With respect, there has never been a successful game in this format that did not provide rewards. We aren’t playing Candy Land here. This is an MMO. In order to keep players coming back they need to feel the content is rewarding.

Unfortunately, many players feel that this game is somewhat aimless. The decision to shy away from any sort of endgame progression leaves a rather large void to fill. You say fill it with “fun”, but players have already experienced the content by now and are looking for more. The only way to add replay value to old content is to ensure that it is rewarding. Or do you know of a way to make a game as fun the 100th time through as it was the first time?

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

With respect, there has never been a successful game in this format that did not provide rewards. We aren’t playing Candy Land here. This is an MMO. In order to keep players coming back they need to feel the content is rewarding.

Unfortunately, many players feel that this game is somewhat aimless. The decision to shy away from any sort of endgame progression leaves a rather large void to fill. You say fill it with “fun”, but players have already experienced the content by now and are looking for more. The only way to add replay value to old content is to ensure that it is rewarding. Or do you know of a way to make a game as fun the 100th time through as it was the first time?

It might feel aimless because there’s so many treadmills to pursue for end-game content… This isn’t WoW (back when I briefly used to play it) where the endgame treadmills existed solely in a small handful of raids. I’d rather have the myriad of endgame treadmills that GW2 has, over the focused few provided by many of the competitors.

Having to make a decision about what endgame treadmill to pursue is probably not something many players are used to.

~EW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Achievement hunting is another thing to do when your bored of farming gold for ascended stuff. just be sure you do your time gated stuff each day, and then go tackle some objective. You only have to do them once.

Posted by: creepyXtina.2560

creepyXtina.2560

ArenaNet added the Bandit Events and Anomaly events to the low level areas! But after you’ve done it 1-2 times its getting boring. A bit of content would be great!

And it wouldn’t be too bad if low level maps are more profitable. I think we should get gear and armor drops according the level of the map, so we get low level materials by salvaging them (leather, fabrics, ore) without much grind for ascended materials and legendary collections. It’s very hard to farm/gather low level materials like leather with a lvl80 character.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If this is not an indication that ML is too good, then I don’t know what would be.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

GW2 is a game, which means ultimately the point is to have fun, not to make gold.

Well that’s a matter of debate. Why? Two reasons:

1) Some people enjoy making gold and lots of it
2) GW2 is very gold centric

Point 1 doesn’t go for me but when you say that gold isn’t a goal in itself I think you kid yourself. It shouldn’t be, but the more gold a person has to more it’s just about reaching a higher number and that becomes the goal.

The second point does apply for me. It’s one of the things I think is a shame in this game. Things like legendaries that can be sold for gold instantly devaluate the bragging rights because it’s not longer a sure sign of achievement but could simply be bought with gold, which can be bought with really money. That’s just one example but gold is much more important than it should be in my view.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

#1 Simply said: All content is end game content.
#2 Simply said: It’s a game so it should be fun… If it isn’t….?

Possibilities to work on:
PVE world:
- Completion (legendaries or not; a golden diot next to my name is precious)
- JP’s & Goggles
- Achievements (Kills, and others)
- Loot runs (SW, Cursed Shore, FGS, Dry Top, Hirathi Hinterlands Centaur farm)
- World Bosses (yes boring, but sometimes nice to do something requiring little to no attention)
- Alts (21 slots, 20 lvl 80s)
- Legendaries (I have 5, scepter, liongbow, back, 2 times sword (Twice told Legend))
- Skin hunt (I own a lot, but not all)
- Masteries (170)
- Specialisations (unlocked on all 20 lvl 80’s)

Instances:
- Story (PS, LS S2, HoT, LS S3)
- Dungeons (DungeonMaster, Dungeoneer)
- Fractals (Ad Infinitum)
- Raids (Legendary Armor, at least precursor for now)

WvW
- Server gain
- Rank Gain (9999?)
- Reward tracks

-PvP
- rank up
- rewards
- E Sports?

AP hunt
Dailies
- PvE,
- WvW,
- PvP,
- Fractals,
- Bloodstone Fen,
- Dungeons,
- Ascneded Mats

Weekly
- Raids
- Guild Missions

Other:
- Build up your home instance (missing any nodes?)
- Build up a personal guild hall (now lvl 17, with some nice decorations.)
- Get all dyes
- Get all skins
- Get a tag and play commander in PvE or EotM, if you know you could try WvW
- Get a guild of you own (could be combined with personal Guild Hall)
- All crafting disciplines on max…

This is a good list to give you some ideas… and no gold farming isn’t in it, This as it is only such a small and unimportant thing ingame. Unless you want to buy everything from the BLTP… I think I sunk 15k gold into my guild hall, and my account is worth ~60k gold according to GW2 Efficiency, I own ~30 gold on myy account though in actual gold.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Possibilities to work on

Yes… work as you say.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: creepyXtina.2560

creepyXtina.2560

Possibilities to work on

Yes… work as you say.

Truly!
And what do you need for most of the achievements and collections? LOTS of GOLD! ^^

But some of those possibilities are well listed! Thanks!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Truly!
And what do you need for most of the achievements and collections? LOTS of GOLD!

“Most”? No, I have to disagree with that. I think “most” of them don’t require gold. Many rely simply on repetition, luck, or skill.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’m sure this has been brought up but you still need old zones to get mats for Legendaries as well as mystic forge recipe components. There are also event chains such as Ogre Wars that drop rare items. There are plenty of lengthy event chains that lead up to World Bosses spawning such as That Centuar Chief in For the Pannini Highlands. Mats in the older zones, especially the middle leveling zones will bring you serious bank in the BLTP. All of the recent current events take place in lvling zones such as The Anamoly, Blood Crazed Beasts for example.

But then I’m sure you probably know that stuff and just want a WoW Clone which this game should not be (despite the raids).

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

give us a reason to come back to the zones. As far as PVE content all I do is AB multiloot and I´m sick of it. I want to explore Tyria, but I feel like I´m actually losing gold by doing anything other than ML. Find a way to make other zones relevant again.

Well, lets see……

- Current Events
- World Bosses
- Leveling new characters
- Numerous collections
- Dailies
- Meta events
- Map completion
- World completion
- Personal Story
- Living Story
- RP
- Dungeons
- Guild Missions
- A seemingly endless array of achievement points to earn scattered all over the Tyria

…..are just some of the many, many reasons Anet already provides to encourage players to return to the older maps.

Frankly, I read the title of your thread and my first thought was, do we even play the same game? LOL. Anet provides players with more reasons to return to older maps than any other MMO I have played. They do a great job in this respect. However, if you have some actual suggestions to offer on what more they could do rather than just write a QQ post it would be helpful.

By the way, I think I found your problem right here: “all I do is AB multiloot and I´m sick of it.” Dude, its a video game, if you don’t enjoy it, why are you doing it? :/

I have never done AB multiloot, not even once, and yet, despite my casual play schedule, I have still managed to equip most of my 9 characters (one of each class) in ascended and legendary gear just doing what I enjoy over time.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

I’ve NEVER felt this game grindy, at least, in the way other MMOs are esp while levelling – it’s been the LEAST grindy MMO I’ve experienced tbh. No, I am not grinding for ascended gear so my thoughts can change there.

Also, due to level scaling, map completions, puzzles, dailies, group events, heroics, etc. I’ve never had more of a reason at full level to do “lower level” content and completely think it’s not pointless. If you don’t care and are about gear and best of best at 80 and hardcore, then yeah it will be pointless as it would be in ANY MMO.

So I get how the OP can feel or those like him but I’m not; I feel opposite but I’m not hardcore and prob after different things

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

I’ve NEVER felt this game grindy, at least, in the way other MMOs are esp while levelling – it’s been the LEAST grindy MMO I’ve experienced tbh. No, I am not grinding for ascended gear so my thoughts can change there.

Also, due to level scaling, map completions, puzzles, dailies, group events, heroics, etc. I’ve never had more of a reason at full level to do “lower level” content and completely think it’s not pointless. If you don’t care and are about gear and best of best at 80 and hardcore, then yeah it will be pointless as it would be in ANY MMO.

So I get how the OP can feel or those like him but I’m not; I feel opposite but I’m not hardcore and prob after different things. I do level other chars so that may keep things refreshing I’m not focused on one toon. But even so I would still feel overwhelmed at the amount there is to do. But I also have a completionist mindset.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Down-scaling works pretty will up until level 80, but at 80 – due to changes in gear and traits – you are extremely overpowered in every Tyria map. I would be happier going for map completion if they fixed down-scaling by reducing player stats by ~30% (negotiable) so that I am not just 2-shot killing every mob on the map. One of the advertised perks of GW2 is that down-scaling, but at 80 it feels broken

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The downscaling has 1 quirk:

Zerker still makes sure you can kill stuff fast, if you look at healthpools and toughness, they are awkwardly low… which tend to be interesting as low levels will be targetted in dungeons primarily then lvl 80’s… further convincing peopleof the awesomeness of the lvl 80. which is just an illusion. If I forget to dodge at the final boss in SE p1 I get oneshotted, same for lupi if I fubar it or at Aplha when you are distracted and forget to dodge after 2 counts.

Of course you still have ascneded, masteries, specialisations..,

Most people do not know there is a power cap in all “below lvl 80 dungeons” most notably in those of 55 and lower…. dungeoneers & dungeon masters should know this cap in power-attrib-points can be trivilized using +x% dmg traits/foods/sigils/runes and so on.

• sigil of night: +10%
  • sigil of x slaying: +10%
  • potion of x slaying : +10%
  • runes of the scholar: +10%
  • GotL: +15%

This is not counting:

• Fury
  • 25 stacks of might
  • quickness,
  • alacrity,
  • banners,
  • EA, spotter, Assasins Presence
    and so on

Also an optimized lvl 80 group… (PS Zerk, Chrono, Heralds, Druid, Tempest) will outperform a lot of other compositions….. Especially all groups having 1 or more lower levels… or groups not havig acces to HoT….

Still waiting for a map with only elites and champs where all formerly champs are legendary, with boonstrip/corruption, serious condi pressure instead of the 2 stack bleed dangers and of course rising agony…… Mursaat will slay the intruders…

Ring of Fire Here we come!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

For a long time, I was too focused on making gold to get the legendary, ascended, or AR boosts. I realized that it was ruining the game for me, because I had to always be maximizing my effort somewhere. I’ve never even used any of the 70+ boosts I have in the bank because it never seems to be a good time.

So, I made some changes. I stopped worrying about farming or finding the best recipe to craft for gold.

I began to realize that a lot of the grouchiness in LA was from the people stuck where I was, questing to be ultimate.

Now I just do what I want to try. I still farm when I’m lazy. Bloodstone Fen is a nice new very busy zone. I map on alts. Do some fractals or dungeons with guild. Level in WvW for reward and points to use toward HP on alts. Help random people while mapping. One day I crafted an exotic wep for a stranger because they were so polite and I saw, based on AP, that they were new.

I still made my ascended gear for my main. Except for the weapons, I’m not sure it was really worth the cost. It’s only necessary for high level fractals that I hope to try someday.

Think of other players as friends you haven’t met instead of competitors.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

" …all I do is AB multiloot and I´m sick of it. I want to explore Tyria…"
It can be very difficult, but I sincerely hope you free yourself of those self-imposed ‘gold shackles’.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Regardless of your views on the subject, the specific things you are currently trying to do are actually supposed to feel grindy. You’re effectively working on raid gear, and a legendary. Both of those things are, by design, intended to be grindy. So yes, they should be mutually exclusive. If you played the game for the games sake it doesn’t feel grindy at all, but it means that goals like full ascended and legendaries take an excessive amount of time. You can only reduce that time at the expensive of fun by increasing grind.

This is working as intended.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Just about every MMO becomes pointless once you reach the level cap, if all you are interested in is levelling and acquiring rewards ASAP.
You could play WOW where the level cap keeps increasing, but all this does is stalls off the boredom factor for a while.
Eventually you will have to leave and move on to something else, and as you cant take anything with you that you have acquired, its all lost.
There are lots of things to do in this game that dont require levelling and getting rewards.
Try doing all the jumping puzzles.
That will keep you consumed for months.
I simply dont understand why people are so obsessed with acquiring gold and loot.
None of it is real.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I do not collect material or do dailies.
I just come back to “central Tyria” because I like the different themes.
Last time I teleported right into Charr area and fought a bunch of cats, err, Charr and various other foes and it was great fun.

And suddenly the achievment popped up I have killed a certain amount of them. Since then, I cause mad beef with creatures that I haven’t seen since months. Also: The activity in those maps are pretty high. And I meet many with 3-digit golden mastery points.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

For a long time, I was too focused on making gold to get the legendary, ascended, or AR boosts. I realized that it was ruining the game for me, because I had to always be maximizing my effort somewhere. I’ve never even used any of the 70+ boosts I have in the bank because it never seems to be a good time.

So, I made some changes. I stopped worrying about farming or finding the best recipe to craft for gold.

I began to realize that a lot of the grouchiness in LA was from the people stuck where I was, questing to be ultimate.

Now I just do what I want to try. I still farm when I’m lazy. Bloodstone Fen is a nice new very busy zone. I map on alts. Do some fractals or dungeons with guild. Level in WvW for reward and points to use toward HP on alts. Help random people while mapping. One day I crafted an exotic wep for a stranger because they were so polite and I saw, based on AP, that they were new.

I still made my ascended gear for my main. Except for the weapons, I’m not sure it was really worth the cost. It’s only necessary for high level fractals that I hope to try someday.

Think of other players as friends you haven’t met instead of competitors.

+1, this is what playing mmorpg should be about.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

It depends on what you feel like is rewarding. If you only go by gold, then you are out of luck. However here are some rewards of old maps:

• There are karma vendors that offer unique skins and items.
  • You can go around find hidden archievments, which in return help you with your rating, which boost your money gaining ability (1% per chest)
  • Gain reccources, instead of buying them. Gathering Platinum in Bloodtide Coast ist quicker and cheaper, than buying it from the TP for example.
  • Look which map has rare rewards today and follow the train.
  • Complete the maps, for a chance of BLC keys, or a quick boost in materials
  • Just explore the world for fun. Ramp up the volume and like Dekard Cain said: “Stay a while and listen.”
  • Do some collections. Some are just vanity items, but others can be useful.
  • Run around with strangers and help them.
  • Play it like a game and not like a job, only looking at the money per hour, instead of enjoyment (though, if that is what you enjoy, then carry on).
  • Search for secrets. Did you know several maps have a hidden Order of Whispers Hideout?

These are just some ideas…

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Money is easy here…
1 Do AB meta (salvage all, sell mats)
2 in-between do daily fracs (salvage all, sell ectos and encryption boxes etc)
3 repeat AB meta (salvage all, sell mats)
4 do more fracs till dailys done. (salvage all, sell ectos and encryption boxes etc)
5 do AB meta again (salvage all, sell mats)
6 in-between harvest rich nodes, sell all mats gained.
7 do AB meta again (salvage all, sell mats)
8 in-between craft ascended mats to sell.

if you do it right, in 6 hours(doesn’t have to be consecutive time) you can easily make 70-80 gold… after a month, you got enuff to buy any precursor/legendary (minus eternity of course) you want.

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Truly!
And what do you need for most of the achievements and collections? LOTS of GOLD!

“Most”? No, I have to disagree with that. I think “most” of them don’t require gold. Many rely simply on repetition, luck, or skill.

well, TBH, all the easy quick achievements that you can get don’t require much or any gold, but once the easily completed ones are done, it becomes a massive gold sink, unless you are willing to wait on RNGesus (been 4 years still haven’t come across some from looting) to drop all them exotics for example… you know the ones… the multiple 300g+ ones for 1 simple achievement? mhmm…..

The problem here is there is no middle level. You either knock them out fast and easy, or you have to wait months on end to get the remaining done. And spreading yourself across pvp wvw, raids, pve fractals is so time consuming as well. you hit a wall on achievements around 13-14k points. Meaning that once you hit around that level, all achievement gains are like 10-15 a day from then on out cuz they take so kitten long to get done at that point.