Alliances & Alliance chat /as ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

Would this be hard to implement?

It creates opportunities for guilds to work together more efficiently and allows for pride amongst guilds to be apart of alliances

it works for coordinating in all area’s of the game.. pve, wvw etc..

simple adding of /as chat

thoughts? pro’s/con’s?

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

+1 to that!

I think Guild Halls and Alliances are something ANet would do in 1 update, if they did it. So Yes please to both Guild Halls and Alliances. Please also include Enemy Guilds that we can fight in openworld… That alone would give me so much fun within the game I’d login just for that! mwhahahahahahaaaaa.

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

i would think it would be a great benefit

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

IDK about guild halls I think that could be a bit more difficult to structure i.e private instances but the alliance and /chat alliance feature would be GREAT! for all the reasons OP stated! Thank you sooooo much for starting this topic because I have been trying to get more awareness to this issue for a few days now! Hope it gets more people thinking and commenting!

Necromancer Main

Coopziana.1802

IDK about guild halls I think that could be a bit more difficult to structure i.e private instances but the alliance and /chat alliance feature would be GREAT! for all the reasons OP stated! Thank you sooooo much for starting this topic because I have been trying to get more awareness to this issue for a few days now! Hope it gets more people thinking and commenting!

I’d be happy if ANet created just 1-Guild Hall for now… Heck for all I care they could convert the Eye of the North map into a Guild Hall and save themselves the hassle of designing a new map for it.

Naturally in GW1 the advantage of having allies was that they could share Guild Halls for NPC’s. But along with Alliances I feel that Guild boosts should affect the whole alliance and perhaps even stack up, as an added incentive to be in an alliance. Perhaps even allow for an alliance Storage chest (gotta be Xunlai Chest) which allows for the depositing of Influence and Merits too, so we can help each other to grow and upgrade our guilds faster!

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

So Yes please to both Guild Halls and Alliances. Please also include Enemy Guilds that we can fight in openworld…

Go play Eve Online if you want that. This is not something that should be in GW2 (Open PvP).

But I agree towards the implementation of alliances and alliance chat because there are guild so large they had to split in order to grow further.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Bad experience from gw1. Important is that alliamce has not a guild leader or it will be really a problem.

Zoso.8279

I agree no alliance leader or guild that is the leader of the alliance but an alliance type system with a alliance chat definitely have to work out the kinks but with an alliance system in place full servers can better organize and WvW can turn into something much more grander. The major questions imo will be who starts the alliance how will they start definitely going to need a brainstorm. Maybe an alliance tab where only each guild leaders can change information. But again definitely going to need a brainstorming session.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Aphiroth.4608

Aphiroth.4608

Guild Halls and Alliances is something that definitely should be implemented. It would add a whole new dimension to the game!

Haarbren – 80 Guardian | Koporovarr – 80 Ele
(Far Shiverpeaks)
“You’re all fart, and no poo.”

Coopziana.1802

So Yes please to both Guild Halls and Alliances. Please also include Enemy Guilds that we can fight in openworld…

Go play Eve Online if you want that. This is not something that should be in GW2 (Open PvP).

But I agree towards the implementation of alliances and alliance chat because there are guild so large they had to split in order to grow further.

I don’t see that you have the right to tell me to go and play another game because there is certain content I’d like to see within GW2. It was a suggestion and merely stating it’s something I’d be happy to see.

I don’t appreciate being told to “GTFO” when adding constructively towards a forum thread.

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

It was a suggestion and merely stating it’s something I’d be happy to see.

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+world+pvp+site%3Aforum-en.guildwars2.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=Palemoon:de&client=palemoon-a

it was discussed ad nauseam already.

(edited by Ettanin.8271)

Coopziana.1802

It was a suggestion and merely stating it’s something I’d be happy to see.

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+pvp+site%3Aforum-en.guildwars2.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=Palemoon:de&client=palemoon-a

it was discussed ad nauseam already.

The posts I see are an outright Openworld PvP fest. I’m suggesting we select who our enemies are and can battle them ONLY if they also set us to enemy. So it’s a choice on both sides. I don’t see the harm in adding the feature if both sides opt-in for it and can easily opt-out of it if they desire…

Hate to be the one to point out the title “GUILD WARS” – being War of the Guilds…

Posted by: Redanxela.8649

Redanxela.8649

Well, the title is more less based on hystorical events before the first game. But I agree, there should definitely be some sort of guild pvp, using the guild halls as relaxing and fighting zones.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I agree no alliance leader or guild that is the leader of the alliance but an alliance type system with a alliance chat definitely have to work out the kinks but with an alliance system in place full servers can better organize and WvW can turn into something much more grander. The major questions imo will be who starts the alliance how will they start definitely going to need a brainstorm. Maybe an alliance tab where only each guild leaders can change information. But again definitely going to need a brainstorming session.

Good to see this is something that is finally being talked about in a positive way by the community, i’ve been advocating for an alliance system for over a year now!

Zoso.8279

Good to see this is something that is finally being talked about in a positive way by the community, i’ve been advocating for an alliance system for over a year now!

I’ll be fighting along side you brother! Alliance system would be something I would really like to see and feel would add a whole new element to the game. We are fighting the same fight!

Necromancer Main