Allow early access for the next Feature Pack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marseee.2938

Marseee.2938

An excellent example of a company already doing this is SOE with Planetside 2. They allow players to download and use their test server to test all upcoming changes. They have changed/completely removed multiple features and updates as the community did not approve of them within the test client.

Would love it if all game developers had the transparency of the PS2 devs.

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

The big question is….Do we even dare to look forward to the next feature pack after the mess this one did.

Who knows, the next feature pack might actually be……the VIP thingy….
May god have mercy.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: marissajz.2769

marissajz.2769

The New Player Experience could have avoided the negative feedback if you were more transparent with your players. Arena Net you must allow early access for the next Feature Pack to avoid seeing people with pitchforks coming at you in the future. Transparency will inevitably receive a lot of player feedback but this gives you time to edit out the stuff your community does not approve. An example of this is the new commander tag colors. Players would be outraged by now if you did not reveal its function at the 2014 Gamescom and it will be still 300 gold per color. Teasing your audience with blog posts will not suffice.

Brilliant idea, really. Very true, very true.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

The big question is….Do we even dare to look forward to the next feature pack after the mess this one did.

Who knows, the next feature pack might actually be……the VIP thingy….
May god have mercy.

Now I’m scared.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

TBH they should do what Runescape does (hate to name other games but hey it works over there!).

Run polls on a regular basis asking players what content they want (they offer multiple choices/options) along with asking how game systems/mechanics should be. They run these polls via pop ups when you log into the game. Such a system here would make sure no one misses out on their chance to have their say and not only limit it to forum users.

Really, why not direct the future of the game based on what the players want and not what you think we want/need? After all it’s us who play it right….

I am not trying to be rude or anything but I don’t know, given the amount of feedback the players give it’s the only logical thing to do in my mind. If things go pear shaped then it’s the players fault!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?