Allow extra Gem Store tools sold on TP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

[TL;DR for all the people posting. I have nothing I need or want refunded. But I do feel other players should be allowed to either get a refund or sell their unneeded items. This thread is for the people who actually need the help because they purchased extras they no longer need.]

Unwilling to refund players who bought too many Account Bound gem store tools after the new introduction of?

Account Bound bag slots

Simple solution:

Let us sell them on the Trading Post so other players will get use out of the extras we no longer need.

Remove the “Account Bound” and “Soulbound” tags of all of the following items so they can be sold on the Black Lion Trading post:

Harvesting Tools
Copper Fed Salvage’o’matic.
Silver Fed Salvage’o’matic.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How is it a rip off?

Ashadow.6874

It is a rip off because they allowed all of those items to be refunded. En masse when they made the change from Soulbound to Accountbound. En masse refunds. But now they are refusing to do it after making another change which is basically the same thing?

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I cant follow the logic in thread, if there is any.

Ashadow.6874

Let us help other players by being able to sell our extras that we are not allowed to be refunded for, on the Trading Post so that other players can enjoy them.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

Ayrilana.1396

It is a rip off because they allowed all of those items to be refunded. En masse when they made the change from Soulbound to Accountbound. En masse refunds. But now they are refusing to do it after making another change which is basically the same thing?

It’s not. The functionality of the item itself was changed when they made those go from soulbound to account bound.

Ashadow.6874

They are refusing to refund players for needless extras after the Account Bound slots were allowed to be purchased.

So they should remove the Accound Bound tags, and allow the extra Harvesting Tools and Salvage kits to be sold to other players on the Trading Post. So they can sell them for in game gold to others and let allows buy them cheaper.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I guess OP might have a point if Tools and Salvage ‘o’ matics were the only items that could be placed in the Shared slot, but they’re not so logic doesn’t apply.

Ashadow.6874

It’s not. The functionality of the item itself was changed when they made those go from soulbound to account bound.

People bought extras, that we unnecessary to begin with. They introduced a way to make the extras pointless. They refunded players.

People bought extras again for convenience. They introduced a way to make those extras unnecessary again. They should be allowed to refund them. (And they are allowing it but they are refused to do full refunds.)

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Unwilling to refund players after the new introduction of?

Account Bound bag slots

Simple solution:

Remove the “Account Bound” and “Soulbound” tags of all of the following items so they can be sold on the Black Lion Trading post. Stop ripping your players off:

Harvesting Tools

jeezus grow up son. I remember buying cd’s but now I can buy albums online for a fraction of the price, omg I’m entitled to a refund!

It gets worse, 30 years ago I bought a game for £10 and now I get the rom for free, omg I’m entitled to a refund as well!

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Ayrilana.1396

People bought extras, that we unnecessary to begin with. They introduced a way to make the extras pointless. They refunded players.

People bought extras again for convenience. They introduced a way to make those extras unnecessary again. They should be allowed to refund them. (And they are allowing it but they are refused to do full refunds.)

They modified the actual item. The account inventory slots do not modify the account bound items.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Only flaw with this argument is the account bound bag slots can hold any items not just the gathering tools. And any use you got out of the tools from time of purchase now would have been made up for the value of roughly 12$ In most cases.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

They are refusing to refund players for needless extras after the Account Bound slots were allowed to be purchased.

So they should remove the Accound Bound tags, and allow the extra Harvesting Tools and Salvage kits to be sold to other players on the Trading Post. So they can sell them for in game gold to others and let allows buy them cheaper.

I don’t get the logic. You are saying if you didn’t get a refund, you want to sell your account bound tools. You don’t explain WHY this should happen. Getting gold from players is not the equivalent to a refund from Anet.

There isn’t a problem here so there isn’t a solution needed. It’s not clever creating a problem to a solution you want to see.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Ashadow.6874

I don’t get the logic. You are saying if you didn’t get a refund, you want to sell your account bound tools. You don’t explain WHY this should happen.

Because the extras are now useless. They serve no purpose other than to be deleted at this point. Why not let us sell them to other players or give them away to others if we cannot receive a refund?

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t get the logic. You are saying if you didn’t get a refund, you want to sell your account bound tools. You don’t explain WHY this should happen.

Because the extras are now useless. They serve no purpose other than to be deleted at this point. Why not let us sell them to other players or give them away to others if we cannot receive a refund?

The functionality of the items is still the same. What they did before, they still do now.

Ashadow.6874

The functionality of the items is still the same. What they did before, they still do now.

I’m not understanding why you have to come here just to defend the fact that they refuse to refund something, they already did before?

I’ve explained my reasoning. So that they can be sold to other players on the Trading Post who will get use out of them.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

If money was a problem then why did you buy extra salvage o matics to begin with. You still only needed one and could just swap it out at the bank.

The original refund for harvesting tools was granted because now you only needed to buy one and swap it out between characters using the bank option where the prior form required you to purchase one for each character and the change made that redundant.

Ashadow.6874

If money was a problem then why did you buy extra salvage o matics to begin with. You still only needed one and could just swap it out at the bank.

The original refund for harvesting tools was granted because now you only needed to buy one and swap it out between characters using the bank option where the prior form required you to purchase one for each character and the change made that redundant.

Right. No longer talking about the refund.

Simply asking for us to be able to sell them on the Trading Post and let new players make use of the tools we no longer need.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’m not understanding why you have to come here just to defend the fact that they refuse to refund something, they already did before?

I’ve explained my reasoning. So that they can be sold to other players on the Trading Post who will get use out of them.

You want a refund for something that you purchased for convenience, you did not have to purchase multiples of the account bound tools because you could freely switch them between characters, they did not change the function of the tools like they did before when people bought multiples since they could not transfer the tools between characters.

You logic has no merit, now it would if the account bound bag slots could only hold the gathering tools but they do not.

Ayrilana.1396

Because the circumstances are different.

Ashadow.6874

So what exactly is the harm in letting other players buy or be gifted some of the excess Account Bound gem store tools everyone who bought extras has?

Are you against other players being gifted items or buying them for cheaper?

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Ashadow.6874

So what exactly is the harm in allowing people to buy them from people who got extras for cheaper, or even people who have extras gifting them to friends?

Are you against people being able to do that?

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Ayrilana.1396

So what exactly is the harm in allowing people to buy them from people who got extras for cheaper, or even people who have extras gifting them to friends?

It takes away what Anet would have made on the gem store.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Right. No longer talking about the refund.

Simply asking for us to be able to sell them on the Trading Post and let new players make use of the tools we no longer need.

Never going to happen simply because it takes a possible gem store sale away from ANet. The best we can hope for IMO is a way to use them in the mystic forge to “exchange” them for something else which takes nothing away from ANet’s bottom line.

Ashadow.6874

Someone already paid for the tools once. They already made money from them no matter who owns the tools.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Ayrilana.1396

Someone already paid for the tools once. They already made money from them no matter who owns the tools.

They lose what they would have made from people who would have purchased the items on the gem store.

BlaqueFyre.5678

And then it would throw the TP economy out of balance. Which Anet is very protective of their TP economy

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

You purchased multiple copies for convenience. You -still- have that convenience and have enjoyed it for however long you’ve owned the multiple copies. That has a value. Anet did say that they would consider refunds on recently purchased items. This makes sense because those people did not get value out of their purchase. You really can’t expect them to refund an item someone has bought and used for potentially years just because they’ve decided they no longer need it.

Ashadow.6874

You purchased multiple copies for convenience. You -still- have that convenience and have enjoyed it for however long you’ve owned the multiple copies. That has a value. Anet did say that they would consider refunds on recently purchased items. This makes sense because those people did not get value out of their purchase. You really can’t expect them to refund an item someone has bought and used for potentially years just because they’ve decided they no longer need it.

They are doing just that. But they are picking and choosing who receives refunds. Even for items purchased years ago.

Allowing individual GMs to decide who gets the refund who doesn’t. So it all depends on a lotto system and if you get the right GM at the right time to speak to.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

BlaqueFyre.5678

And how do you know they are refunding purchases from years ago?

Ashadow.6874

And how do you know they are refunding purchases from years ago?

Because of all the posts of players confused why half of the items they bought years ago qualify for refund and half of them don’t. Even when they were purchased at the exact same time.

I personally don’t have any items I need refunded recently. I’m advocating for people who should be allowed to do so. But when I did refund items, I literally spoke to multiple different GMs and one would refund things another GM would not. It literally depended on which GM I reached to whether or not I would have my items refunded like other people had.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Obtena.7952

No they aren’t useless … they still do their intended function. They still work as infinite harvesting tools. The reasoning you provide that other players get use from them makes no sense. If other players want to get use from a similar tool, they also have the ability to buy it from the GS like everyone else. Futthermore, even if they were rendered useless, you actually think Anet would be stupid enough to allow players to undercut their GS sales by making those account bound tools sellable? Clearly, you haven’t thought your suggestion through very well. I think you stopped at “Oh, I want my money back because I think it’s unfair I didn’t get a refund”.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

No they aren’t useless … they still do their intended function. They still work as infinite harvesting tools. The reasoning you provide that other players get use from them makes no sense. If other players want to get use from a similar tool, they also have the ability to buy it from the GS.

They are not useless. But the extra one “in his opinion” is useless.

I have a few permanent license, the extra one are useless since it is pointless to have extra.

People’s argument is “you get to use it for a while already”. My problem with that is if people knew Anet is going to do it in the first place, most people wouldn’t buy it.

My suggestion is let people trade in those extra gem store item for “something”.

Many of those are actually faithful customer that pay Anet money. And some bought many duplicate for their alts. I don’t understand why Anet would screw people like that.

Obtena.7952

My suggestion is let people trade in those extra gem store item for “something”.

Many of those are actually faithful customer that pay Anet money. And some bought many duplicate for their alts. I don’t understand why Anet would screw people like that.

THAT is a suggestion that makes more sense than the OP’s idea, though I still think that Anet would be leary of allowing it to happen because if you didn’t get a refund, it’s because Anet believes you got your value from the money you spent on those items. Still, I also have some items i’m ‘stuck’ with that I wouldn’t mind exchanging for something else.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What I was thinking is that maybe they could make it so these items could be gifted or sold. You could give one to an NPC who gives you back a non account bound version in a container. You could then mail this container off to any other account or put it up for sale on the trading post.

While ANet would lose some money from this for a while (eventually all the excess items will be given away or sold) they will gain good will from people who are currently unhappy with the addition of account bound slots because they own multiple permanent items and with people who would hesitate to buy other items because ANet might do something that reduces the items worth to them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

What I was thinking is that maybe they could make it so these items could be gifted or sold. You could give one to an NPC who gives you back a non account bound version in a container. You could then mail this container off to any other account or put it up for sale on the trading post.

While ANet would lose some money from this for a while (eventually all the excess items will be given away or sold) they will gain good will from people who are currently unhappy with the addition of account bound slots because they own multiple permanent items and with people who would hesitate to buy other items because ANet might do something that reduces the items worth to them.

Another benifit of this is it could help bring down the price of permanent contracts as people sell off there extras. Messing over the price gougers.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

[TL;DR for all the people posting. I have nothing I need or want refunded. But I do feel other players should be allowed to either get a refund or sell their unneeded items. This thread is for the people who actually need the help because they purchased extras they no longer need.]

Unwilling to refund players who bought too many Account Bound gem store tools after the new introduction of?

Account Bound bag slots

Simple solution:

Let us sell them on the Trading Post so other players will get use out of the extras we no longer need.

Remove the “Account Bound” and “Soulbound” tags of all of the following items so they can be sold on the Black Lion Trading post:

Harvesting Tools

You realize that it would be easier for ANet to simply refund gems to the person who bought the items in the first place (and, for reasons good and bad, they aren’t doing this for everyone).

• Each duplicate item sold/traded means a lost sale, for the same amount of gems.
  • Buyers of second-hand items are more likely to be willing to purchase items (using gems) than those who already owning; making them tradeable, however, gives gems to the original owners, not the potential new buyers.

I’m not 100% convinced that ANet’s policy about such things is 100% sound or best for the game, but it’s their game and their gem shop and up to them to decide.

tl;dr this proposal adds work for ANet, reduces their potential income much more than a simple refund

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ashadow.6874

Account Bound bag slots

Simple solution:

Harvesting Tools

You realize that it would be easier for ANet to simply refund gems to the person who bought the items in the first place (and, for reasons good and bad, they aren’t doing this for everyone).

• Each duplicate item sold/traded means a lost sale, for the same amount of gems.
  • Buyers of second-hand items are more likely to be willing to purchase items (using gems) than those who already owning; making them tradeable, however, gives gems to the original owners, not the potential new buyers.

I’m not 100% convinced that ANet’s policy about such things is 100% sound or best for the game, but it’s their game and their gem shop and up to them to decide.

tl;dr this proposal adds work for ANet, reduces their potential income much more than a simple refund

I do agree that a general refund for people with extra tools would be best, yes. Allow them to spend the gems on other things.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014