Forum bug. She’s on it.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Allow more than 8 bags per character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

One good reason to have more bags is also when considering that people do things other than PVE.

For example I raid and have a d DPS and Healing set.
That’s 6 pieces of armor, 6 for the accessories and 2 spaces for the weapons.
That alone fills an entire bag. In raids infusions get filled with primary stat not AR, so you need separate gear.

I also have another set for Fractals which use infusions to boost Agony Resistance.
Which takes up another bag.

I also have a more survival set for WvW.

That’s 3 bags which are necessary for performance. It’s not random junk.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I always carry 3 Armorsets, 3 sets of trinkets, ~20 Weapons, bufffood (~8-10) and some other items around. Doing dungeons or even normal open world events can result in a full bag. Sometimes you even carry some materials because your vault is full and so on…
In times where i cleaned my bag completely of any mats, exos and whatever doesn’t have to be there i have like 40 free inventory slots. Thats not that much.

Honestly that’s overkill. Especially the 20 weapons aspect. You won’t use all of those equips on a standard day of play, so keep most of them in the bank or on a storage mule until you do the content that requires them. Inventory management is a part of GW2

The fact that players think Mule characters are okay shows there is a problem.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The fact that players think Mule characters are okay shows there is a problem.

Or it shows that players hoard more than they need to. Or haven’t made efficient use of existing storage.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

One good reason to have more bags is also when considering that people do things other than PVE.

For example I raid and have a d DPS and Healing set.
That’s 6 pieces of armor, 6 for the accessories and 2 spaces for the weapons.
That alone fills an entire bag. In raids infusions get filled with primary stat not AR, so you need separate gear.

I also have another set for Fractals which use infusions to boost Agony Resistance.
Which takes up another bag.

I also have a more survival set for WvW.

That’s 3 bags which are necessary for performance. It’s not random junk.

But do you alternate between Raid, WvW, Fractals and PVE sets so frequently that a two minute trip to the bank to get the right set would be a significant inconvenience?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I always carry 3 Armorsets, 3 sets of trinkets, ~20 Weapons, bufffood (~8-10) and some other items around. Doing dungeons or even normal open world events can result in a full bag. Sometimes you even carry some materials because your vault is full and so on…
In times where i cleaned my bag completely of any mats, exos and whatever doesn’t have to be there i have like 40 free inventory slots. Thats not that much.

This isn’t Dark Souls or The Witcher. This is a problem of your own making because you don’t want to stop at a bank to swap gear.

What if bank tabs are full?
How is having more bank tabs any different?

Cause the devs decided that 160 slots plus 14 shared on a character should be enough for anybody and a player needs to learn to manage it.

Yes. And, because their original estimations about the amount of space needed for anyone were final, they introduced shared slots, then increased their number 2 times, and increased the number of bank tabs.
Which gets us the current number, that is definitely final. Just as the previous ones were.

Bag slot, 400 gems for up to 20 inventory slots.

Single shared inventory slot, 700 gems, 5 for the price of 4. The 13 slots cost 7490 gems, that’s over $90 in cash bought gems or over 2000 gold in gold bought gems.

Plus completely different purpose. You’re comparing Apples to Sirloin.

Nah. You were the one that included “14 shared slots” in what “devs decided it’s enough”. What i have pointed out, and you seem to refuse to acknowledge, is that this dev decision is subject to change (and, in fact, have been known to change in the past more than once).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I really don’t get it, it’s like these people are not reading what is being said. If you play multiple game modes you can already easily have 2-4 armor sets (especially if you play raids on ranger/druid, you could have healing + dps). How can you be more efficient in storing 12-48 pieces of armor when the only remaining option is to literally delete those items when you don’t use them? Placing account bound gear in a bank can work, but not if that bank is already full of crafting materials that are waiting for a price hike, gear from alts and what have you. There just is no harm in adding more bag slots, I don’t get ppl on the internet. If they aren’t experiencing it nobody can be or they are wrong.

The total amount of bank + inventory slots is static, no matter which place you put your items. If you have one of each class and play said classes regularly you cannot put all their non-used gear in the bank because that easily fills up with other items plus it’s inconvenient always having to return to the bank the moment you want to change your weapons or armor. Just 1 or 2 more bag slots can solve this issue.

Also, shared inventory slots came to solve an entirely different problem that was requested by players. It was not linked to storage at all, it was so people can easily swap account bound gemstore items such as tools, salvage-o-matics etc.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They have to draw the line somewhere with the number of bags. There will always be a percentage of players who will run out of bag space no matter how many ANet adds. Do enough players use more than the current max to make it worthwhile for ANet to add them? Probably. But at some point there will not be enough players to make it worthwhile.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, there is a technical limit just like there is with adding more slots to Material Storage (see [Google] pertinent Dev statement/post). There may be a line that can’t be crossed (for now) in how much an individual character can store.

Only the Devs know how or why some things are the way they are in the game.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I think a lot of you have hoarding problems and should learn the difference between a need and a want. There’s a lot of stuff you can get rid of. If you don’t need it now or use it regularly, you can probably sell it or delete it.

The fact that you guys do every piece of content in the game on one or more characters (which I’m sorry makes you a minority and yes I’ve been there), hoard crafting mats and other items you may or may not make use of in the future (which is crazy and things you need to sell or get rid of), have numerous gear sets you may not truly need, does not make GW2 different than any other game. Those issues are present in every MMO and inventory management is present in every MMO. In fact GW2 makes it far easier than other games to manage inventory already. So if you don’t like not having enough space, it’s time for spring cleaning.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

The fact that you guys do every piece of content in the game on one or more characters (which I’m sorry makes you a minority and yes I’ve been there), hoard crafting mats and other items you may or may not make use of in the future (which is crazy and things you need to sell or get rid of), have numerous gear sets you may not truly need, does not make GW2 different than any other game.

Again: You may have the right to discuss the suggestion. You don’t have the right to tell others what they shoul keep and what not.
I’m using every gearset in my inventory daily sometimes switching every few minutes. Running to my bank to switch gear would be redicoulous. Even if i would try to store the equip of my chars in my bank, the bank wouldn’t be able to store all that gear without using it’s function of carrying stuff i only need sometimes.
And to those who say that the limit shouldn’t be raised: What if it would be just 20 slots. Always full? Ok more slots wouldn’t solve the problem, right?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think a lot of you have hoarding problems and should learn the difference between a need and a want.

Sure. For example, i don’t actually need to play this game and/or buy gems for Anet to profit. So, it’s in Anet’s best interest to make it so i might want it.

There’s a lot of stuff you can get rid of. If you don’t need it now or use it regularly, you can probably sell it or delete it.

What if i do use it regularly?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I can understand feeling the need for an additional bag slot only if you weren’t already using 20-slot bags. As previously stated it’s helpful to learn inventory management. All the time you spend standing around auto-attacking: salvage, sell and deposit. If your bank is full you use or sell your mats. If you have a personal guild bank you can store anything not bound. Use vendors as much as possible when you pass by. They’re everywhere. It would help if they added an equipment panel to store one full set of gear (armor, weapons, trinkets) you can auto swap. The equipment would seem to be the largest concern. Thankfully legendaries can simply change stats.

As a note on storage I believe a much larger problem lies within bank storage and the number of account bound collectibles they award us. Three of my bank tabs are tonics, toys, and collectibles like boosters, memoirs, journals, etc. Here’s wishing they’ll give scribes the ability to discover recipes using those types items.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Chuck you are right you can sell mats every time your deposit area is full, however if you do that you will lose out on alot of gold. Many materials have certain moments where they will sell for much more so there is value in holding onto certain items. I also tend to hoard many crafting materials (my guild vault is full of them) so I can access them for legendary crafting/ascended etc. Since those require some planning and many materials. It’s how my bank fills up at least. I also have a ton of items that are basically mid-tier crafting items that are required to craft something bigger that are long-term goals and can’t be thrown out but also don’t have a storage slot. I do always salvage and deposit all whenever I’m out in the world, but with Heart of Thorns my bags have just been filling up so incredibly fast with bags within loot bags within loot bags (yes those still exist..)

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

As a druid I need ( and this is ONLY for raids mind you, not wvw, not general pve, not dungeons, not fractals..)

At least 3 sets of gear:
a magi/ pure heal armour set. + trinkets. 12 items
a zerker armour set. + trinkets. 12 items
a condi armour set. + trinkets. 12 items

Several staves, a sword/axe set, a warhorn, an axe/torch set. at least 7 more items. More if you have some different sigil combinations.

Not counting any consumables. That’s already 43 items. That I would use on a weekly basis. These are not items I can just destroy when not in use.

There is also the possibility of a minstrels gear set for tanking as druid. adding at least 12-14 more items.

It’s not hoarding when its gear one uses.

Telling people they need to stop hoarding is honestly starting to sound abusive to me tbh.
It’s almost “how dare you have that much gear!?”

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I would honestly LOVE more bag slots!

I don’t really see the reasoning against it… If you think you have enough stop buying more. If you hoard things and carry lots of stuff buy as many as you feel like you need.

Seera.5916

As a druid I need ( and this is ONLY for raids mind you, not wvw, not general pve, not dungeons, not fractals..)

At least 3 sets of gear:
a magi/ pure heal armour set. + trinkets. 12 items
a zerker armour set. + trinkets. 12 items
a condi armour set. + trinkets. 12 items

Several staves, a sword/axe set, a warhorn, an axe/torch set. at least 7 more items. More if you have some different sigil combinations.

Not counting any consumables. That’s already 43 items. That I would use on a weekly basis. These are not items I can just destroy when not in use.

There is also the possibility of a minstrels gear set for tanking as druid. adding at least 12-14 more items.

It’s not hoarding when its gear one uses.

Telling people they need to stop hoarding is honestly starting to sound abusive to me tbh.
It’s almost “how dare you have that much gear!?”

You aren’t hoarding, at least not with the items you listed.

All players hoard something to some degree that’s not unreasonable. But there are players who do hoard to an unreasonable degree in the game. That are holding onto items which they have no immediate use for or have no current plans on using or selling or deleting them in the future.

I hoard boosters. I don’t use them, I don’t have any plans to start. Yet they’re still in my bank. Because I may use them in the future.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

honestly, if 8 isn’t enough, there never will be enough. 8’s a reasonable cap, but if it were increased, there’s no reason to have a cap. same goes for bank and material collections

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

honestly, if 8 isn’t enough, there never will be enough. 8’s a reasonable cap, but if it were increased, there’s no reason to have a cap. same goes for bank and material collections

I agree for some people there will never be enough. For others 8 is plenty. Some want 10, others want 11, some only feel the need for 4. I would love to see no cap. Same for bank/material space; as long as a player keeps buying the increased storage how would it hurt?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

If they get rid of multiloot, sure.

Granted, I think a start would be to make a separate “tools” inventory panel that stores things like shovels/keys/etc. that ANet seems so keen on releasing with every LS update. This alone would save many people 10+ slots.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I agree for some people there will never be enough. For others 8 is plenty. Some want 10, others want 11, some only feel the need for 4. I would love to see no cap. Same for bank/material space; as long as a player keeps buying the increased storage how would it hurt?

I have no idea, but there may be technical/cost/etc. storage limitations per character, or bank, or account…or for the game as a whole.

This would be a reason for how it would hurt. /shrug

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

160 bag slots are more than enough. I dont even have 160 slots unlocked on any character

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

All I can say about this whole thread…if you think you need more bag slots…. then you do need more bag slots. It dose not matter why.

It hurts no one, and it makes Anet money…..good for us all.

Seera.5916

All I can say about this whole thread…if you think you need more bag slots…. then you do need more bag slots. It dose not matter why.

It hurts no one, and it makes Anet money…..good for us all.

There may be technical reasons as to the limit. Each slot for items has to be stored on the servers and there are only so much storage space on the computers/servers designed to do that.

Bank slots are per account. Bag slots are per character and given the large character slot limit, they do have to be more careful about how many bag slots they allow for.

The maximum number of bank slots that the game could possibly have to account for is the maximum per account times the number of accounts.

The maximum number of bag slots the game could possibly have to account for is the maximum number of bag slots per character times the maximum number of characters an account can have times the number of accounts. And the maximum number of characters an account can have is more than 60.