Allow "rerolling" of duplicate fractal skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: masdeath.6930

masdeath.6930

With the upcoming wardrobe update, duplicate dyes that you have on multiple characters will be turned into unidentified dyes. I would love to see fractal skins get similar treatment. A lot of long time fractal runners have unneeded duplicate skins and it would be great if those duplicate skins, like with duplicate dyes, could be turned into either a new random skin or better yet, be turned into a skin of the player’s choice. Anyone else agree?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You will still get duplicate skins after the patch. Why would they give you a free reroll?

Posted by: masdeath.6930

masdeath.6930

And you will still get duplicate dyes after the patch yet they’re still giving people dye rerolls on duplicate dyes when the feature pack launches.

I know a lot of daily fractal runners with duplicate skins who are still desperately grinding for a specific skin and having pre-existing duplicate skins be allowed to be rerolled would be a great gesture in my opinion.

Posted by: lZoranl.6859

lZoranl.6859

I was literally just about to post something about this.

-Since we will have a “wardrobe” with all our skins and the ability to use them as many times as we want would that change fractal skins into unlocks and make having duplicates unnecessary?
-Could those of us who have gotten multiples (2 maces ftw) but not other skins get to “roll” for or choose a random skin?
-If it is unlock based would we stop getting fractal skins as drops after we have “unlocked” all of them?
-Would we stop getting the “blank” fractal weapons as drops and get a consumable or just something that says we have unlocked a skin?
-Could fractal skins become tradable?

Questions I’d like answered…