Almost level 80, Tier 3 a bit much?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

So im about half a bar away from 80 and I took a look at the tier 3 armor. I would need almost 100g just to afford it all. Correct me if I’m wrong, but getting gold in this game seems to be quite tiresome. Doing world events usually grants me 50c-2 silver. Items don’t sell that well themselves (going some items sell for under a silver). I usually salvage and sell my items, but still. 100g is going to take a very, very long time of grinding and farming it seems like, quite contrary to what this game was advertised as (no grinding).

I mean if anyone has any tips on how to get this stuff, besides using the cashop (probably their aim in making the prices so high), it would be amazing.

Posted by: Nemain.9802

Nemain.9802

Those armors are just for bragging, to show off the armor skin.
You can get equal (stats) armor from people with armorsmithing 400.
Those will cost you about 2.5-3 gold/piece.

Start salvaging yellow +70 stuff with yellow salvage kits, they’ll give you Globs of ectoplasm needed for crafting and will cut down the cost.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

yeah i can see that. Thanks

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Those are culture armors, and not even exotic item quality (orange), but just rare item quality (yellow). They should be selling these items as a single ‘tier’ without stats, since all 3 tiers look the same anyway. Selling them without stats makes it clear to players that they are for customization perposes.

The amount of times I read people complaining about the gear grind or asking where to get gear… such a mess, and most of the confusion comes from vendor-sold gear.

If you hit level 80 and want exotic gear to cap out your stats, either craft them, or buy crafted items from other players. These items usually costs about 3.5g a piece on the current market. This is the fastest and cheapest method of obtaining max-stat gear, and gives you 7 different stats flavours to pick from aswell.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation