Already hating megaservers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I like to solo champs. I do it to test builds and just for something to do as being level 80 and have done just about everything there is to do without mindlessly grinding to the point of total boredom that I fall asleep at the keyboard.
Anyway, with the megaservers I can no longer do this. I try to solo a champ and some yahoo comes up and starts attacking it even when I ask them to stop. I ask in map chat for no interference and of coarse some players respect it and then you get the trolls that come just to interfere. This is really pi**ing me off. I have only been able to do 3 champs solo and it’s only cuz 90% of the gw2 population don’t know where they are. But if I try to do one like say the Champion Mark II YF-Gold in Malchor’s Leap somebody always interferes.
And for those of you that are going to troll this thread by saying stuff about loot or whatever: 1. I don’t care and 2. most these champs spawn within a few minutes of dieing. Yet I have not been able to solo any cuz of interference. If somebody interferes I disengage and watch them die and then laugh about it. I’m not going to rez them or help them at all.
These megaservers are causing all kings of lag and guilds have been split up during guild missions and constant dc’s etc.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

So…people are to not play the game because they are in your “personal space”? I think it’s time you move on to something else. This is not a single player game, and your expectations of it being so, are ignorant. Not much else to add here.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Sorry, Nocturnal, but I have to agree with cNcHell……..this isn’t meant to be a solo game, even though a lot of people like to try to do it that way. Complaining about how you can no longer solo champs in an mmorpg probably isn’t going to carry a whole lot of weight with Anet, or anyone, for that matter, who plays an mmorpg as intended.

Not trying to mock or ridicule your opinion…….just sayin……it’s a massively multiplayer online game……..while one can play it solo, it’s not really intended for that, ie, that’s not a priority for the game makers.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Selfish much? The open world doesn’t belong to you. Plus, you have a really bad attitude:

If somebody interferes I disengage and watch them die and then laugh about it.

And the funny/sad thing is that you probably made this thread expecting people to sympathize with you.

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Sorry, Nocturnal, but I have to agree with cNcHell……..this isn’t meant to be a solo game, even though a lot of people like to try to do it that way.

Soloing champs doesn’t make it a solo game. The only fun I have in the game anymore is now gone. And I will probably be moving on cuz this game has just gotten boring and super repetitive.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Okay, so we, solo/duo players are screwed, I guess it’s something I have to accept. So maybe anet will actually make event champs difficult for large amounts of people? I’m thinking aoe one-shot kills and such. No other way to keep the open world interesting after this kittening update.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

Then go. There is no reason that you should be given a right to kill enemies that other players can’t. This is a ridiculously whiny post that adds nothing to fixing the game whatsoever. I’m sorry to be nasty about it, but all I ever see is people chastising new players for killing a champ out of order, and it really makes me laugh. This is nothing new, and nothing that will make players leave you to kill your bosses.

Teon.5168

Sorry, Nocturnal, but I have to agree with cNcHell……..this isn’t meant to be a solo game, even though a lot of people like to try to do it that way.

Soloing champs doesn’t make it a solo game. The only fun I have in the game anymore is now gone. And I will probably be moving on cuz this game has just gotten boring and super repetitive.

If the only fun you had in game was soloing champs, then I would say it was far past time for you to find another game that fits your playstyle better.

Best of luck to you!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Can I have your stuff then?

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Well, since the Frostgorge Champ Train has been nerfed, there are no players killing champs in Frostgorge anymore. Up by Drakkar WP are the 3 champs that have been turned into one event, and in all the times I’ve been up there looking for orichalcum and ancient wood, no one has been there killing them. I’d suggest that would be a good place to go test your builds.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Try soloing dungeons I’d say. Arah is particularly suited for that. No one to disturb you there in your own little instance.

Asmodeus.5782

Frostgorge hasn’t been turned into an overflow yet, right?

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

The only thing i sympathize you for, is the truth you say behind lag and ruined communities. Leaving a player dead cause he tried to help you get down the champ, is something i would never do. In fact, sometimes i end up dying trying to revive said player. And then we end up both dead, but that’s part of the fun of it…

There are two threads about Skynet already, you should add your voice there, but not cause you want to solo champions. We’re trying to make things better, as the way Skynet behaves now, rips all friends/guildsmates/RPlayers apart. Plus, it gathers way too many people in one area. Also, when it comes to EU players, there’s chaos everywhere, due to the multilingual issues Skynet brought.

While i welcome more players in one map, getting a zerg swarm around me devouring the earth i walk on, it’s not my cup of tea. Hopefully, A-net will hear our feedback/cries about it, and adjust the kitten thing accordingly. If not, i fear there won’t be any game left to enjoy, for any of us.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Asacledhae.2650

Frostgorge hasn’t been turned into an overflow yet, right?

Not yet, no.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3911271

Teon.5168

The only thing i sympathize you for, is the truth you say behind lag and ruined communities. Leaving a player dead cause he tried to help you get down the champ, is something i would never do. In fact, sometimes i end up dying trying to revive said player. And then we end up both dead, but that’s part of the fun of it…

Completely agree with your game philosophy on this. My wife and I have always played this game, and other mmos, this way. More power to you!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Chaotic.7235

Chaotic.7235

Wow I didn’t know this was an MMO.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Well, soloing champs is really not the best argument to put forward here, I agree.

But so far:

• World boss timers were adjusted to compensate, making the events feel less unique, they don’t flow with the map, especially ones with a meta event chain, they feel really out of place when you get to the end and nothing happens.
  • Youre bound by the time table, rather than having control over which boss you do.
  • Mega server means the events are super zergy, it was ten times more fun on my lesser populated server where 15-30 players were doing them rather than 50+ every time. The events are not fun with zergs.
  • People don’t get ordened according to language properly
  • Guilds have a hard time (if they are big enough) to get all members in for guild missions
  • Guild missions have always other guilds doing them, making it really annoying to do them.
  • You can’t control at ALL what people are going to be in your map, you cant switch map easy instances either. Especially annoying for roleplayers.
  • Bigger community events by pre-exsisting (server) communities are really annoying to do in mega server maps.
  • Personally I think the zerging makes people super lazy, afking at the events hardly doing anything. It turns into queensdale champion trains. And really don’t see how that is good for the game. You have no choice between world boss training and doing it off peak hours, or at a time when it’s less populated, because it’s ALWAYS populated.
“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Go solo dungeons and test it there. problem solved. Whine about nothing really.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Anybody have any solutions for him? Like the one above said…dungeons. Are mega server on all servers yet? I know nothing about this. Could you guest to a server where it is not implemented yet?

Also I thought that champs were scaled to number of players now? So the previously champs would become only a silver or copper if only one player was present?

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

Asacledhae.2650

Completely agree with your game philosophy on this. My wife and I have always played this game, and other mmos, this way. More power to you!

My thanks to you, sir.

Well, soloing champs is really not the best argument to put forward here, I agree.

But so far:

• World boss timers were adjusted to compensate, making the events feel less unique, they don’t flow with the map, especially ones with a meta event chain, they feel really out of place when you get to the end and nothing happens.
  • Youre bound by the time table, rather than having control over which boss you do.
  • Mega server means the events are super zergy, it was ten times more fun on my lesser populated server where 15-30 players were doing them rather than 50+ every time. The events are not fun with zergs.
  • People don’t get ordened according to language properly
  • Guilds have a hard time (if they are big enough) to get all members in for guild missions
  • Guild missions have always other guilds doing them, making it really annoying to do them.
  • You can’t control at ALL what people are going to be in your map, you cant switch map easy instances either. Especially annoying for roleplayers.
  • Bigger community events by pre-exsisting (server) communities are really annoying to do in mega server maps.
  • Personally I think the zerging makes people super lazy, afking at the events hardly doing anything. It turns into queensdale champion trains. And really don’t see how that is good for the game. You have no choice between world boss training and doing it off peak hours, or at a time when it’s less populated, because it’s ALWAYS populated.

Trust me, even lesser ones like mine (29 people) have hard time doing anything together. Skynet splits us up, there’s nothing we can do to get together, and if we spend one hour to do so (which fails cause half the members rage quit, or don’t have more time to spend in-game), the event gets cancelled..

Like i said above, i like more people.. Zerg? No. If Anet lowers the player limit cap, it’ll benefit the game, me thinks. As for manual instance selection? I’ve recommended that for god knows how many times already, but still no movement from A-net about that, or anything else we “rant” about here.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I am sorry that the game has Nothing left to offer you. Maybe when something ceases to be fun or engaging the only option is to find something else to do,

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Nerelith.7360

I like to solo champs. I do it to test builds and just for something to do as being level 80 and have done just about everything there is to do without mindlessly grinding to the point of total boredom that I fall asleep at the keyboard.
Anyway, with the megaservers I can no longer do this. I try to solo a champ and some yahoo comes up and starts attacking it even when I ask them to stop. I ask in map chat for no interference and of coarse some players respect it and then you get the trolls that come just to interfere. This is really pi**ing me off. I have only been able to do 3 champs solo and it’s only cuz 90% of the gw2 population don’t know where they are. But if I try to do one like say the Champion Mark II YF-Gold in Malchor’s Leap somebody always interferes.
And for those of you that are going to troll this thread by saying stuff about loot or whatever: 1. I don’t care and 2. most these champs spawn within a few minutes of dieing. Yet I have not been able to solo any cuz of interference. If somebody interferes I disengage and watch them die and then laugh about it. I’m not going to rez them or help them at all.
These megaservers are causing all kings of lag and guilds have been split up during guild missions and constant dc’s etc.

Here’s a thought, Go into a dungeon by yourself. Then you can solo to your heart’s content.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I’m not liking Mega Servers because of solo, i’m not liking because TOO MANY players at World Events, too much lag, too little challenging events.

Things should be balanced, not a random madness like it is.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Umm.. you all realize that the Megaservers are currently only effecting the PvP Lobby, right?

Asmodeus.5782

Umm.. you all realize that the Megaservers are currently only effecting the PvP Lobby, right?

No. Check your facts.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

this is MMO, right? a place where ppl communicate (I hope) and fight side by side against great evil or whatever.

you are wrong

DarksunG.9537

No. Check your facts.

you are wrong

This new system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas.

The order as well as the speed of the rollout may differ from what was previously announced in the original blog post, as we are adjusting our plans after further testing. It might continue to evolve during the process as we collect data and adjust accordingly.

So… When did they change this?

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

No. Check your facts.

you are wrong

This new system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas.

The order as well as the speed of the rollout may differ from what was previously announced in the original blog post, as we are adjusting our plans after further testing. It might continue to evolve during the process as we collect data and adjust accordingly.

So… When did they change this?

No idea but the cities, Diessa, Lornar’s and Dredgehaunt at least are in megaserver mode. They being the only maps I’ve visited so far.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

If people would simply read

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

DarksunG.9537

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

How about instead of being a complete and utter jerk, you instead kill the champ with the person who comes by, and then you wait for the champ to respawn and solo the next one? Realize this is an MMO and you are doing something that is in the open world, in a game where it was meant for people to help each other out and the design philosophy was based around that idea.

Don’t be surprised with your attitude if people start to specifically make it harder for you to solo champs.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Hint. Just solo out of order. Figure out the route for current maps train. Do it in reverse.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

How about soloing dungeons/fractals instead? Open world champions are a joke.

Nerelith.7360

How about instead of being a complete and utter jerk, you instead kill the champ with the person who comes by, and then you wait for the champ to respawn and solo the next one? Realize this is an MMO and you are doing something that is in the open world, in a game where it was meant for people to help each other out and the design philosophy was based around that idea.

Don’t be surprised with your attitude if people start to specifically make it harder for you to solo champs.

Have to second this thought. You start telling people " I am going to solo bla bla bla…if anyone Jumps im,. I will drop back… and let you die, then NOT rez you." do not be surprised if this doesn’t draw some people to " help" you Like ants to sugar.

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

about soloing go play a single player game then :/ there’s a reason the game is an mmo.else they would provide us a single player game

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

People solo and duo dungeons why not go do that instead of complaining people are attacking open world bosses.

Asacledhae.2650

Do you think that if they were affecting only the PvP lobby we would’ve been ranting about them this badly?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3911271

It’s just, that, bad.

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

If you’re trying to test a build against a hard monster,
why not try to walk into one of the easier dungeons by yourself?
Maybe it’s not the same as a regular champ, but it should be good for testing purposes, to more easily see how your character reacts when fighting a harder monster.

You can test your build against those, and no one will bother you for the duration,
and if you run into trouble, you can just go back out.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions, comments and concerns in this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.