Alt Profession: Which Melee/Ranged Class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nyocum.2185

nyocum.2185

Hello all! First post, thought I’d ask a question for you.

I currently have a level 80 Sylvari Mesmer, and I am loving it. However, I would like a melee/close-combat ranged alt to “go with” my Mesmer. I’m currently leaning towards the Norn race. Storyline is very important to me.

I DO NOT want Guardian or Engineer, as I find them too… bland.

So my 3 to choose from is Warrior, Ranger, and Thief.
I like all three classes.
I know there is no “best” class, however I would like your personal opinion on which 3 is your favorite. I want the class to be, in your opinion, well-versed in all aspects of the game, PVE, Dungeons, WvWvW, s/tPVP, exploration, etc.

Thanks!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

correct me if I’m wrong… are you saying you only use ranged weapons on your mesmer?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

So my 3 to choose from is Warrior, Ranger, and Thief.
I like all three classes.
I know there is no “best” class, however I would like your personal opinion on which 3 is your favorite. I want the class to be, in your opinion, well-versed in all aspects of the game, PVE, Dungeons, WvWvW, s/tPVP, exploration, etc.

Thanks!

Note: All of the “best” and “worst” refers to these 3 classes only.

Warrior is the best (by far) in PvE and Dungeon play, but the worst in both PvP and WvW.

Ranger is the worst in dungeons, but possibly the best in PvP (with some builds), ok in open world PvE, and strong/very strong (depends on build and what you do with it) in WvW.

Thief is possibly the best in WvW, but the worst in open world PvE, decent in dungeons and good in PvP.

Do keep in mind that they’re all decent enough at anything, so it depends on where you’d like to focus more, or what playstyle you end up prefering – can’t help you there.