Altaholics

Altaholics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

This isnt flame just stop feeling punished because something is limited to one per account. You like to play multiple characters. Great. But dont expect a leg up over people who like to personify themselves into one char. If they were alt friendly with laurels the currency would be meaningless and i wouldnt care to do dailies anymore. Account limited content is there to prolong its interest in players.

Altaholics

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t think you should paint all of us with one brush. There are far fewer altoholics complaining about this stuff than there are altoholics.

I’m a notorious altoholic and I’m not complaining. In my entire time on this forum I’ve seen less than a handful of altoholics complaining about the game being anti-alt.

Altaholics

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I agree, but some things, such as legendary weapons SHOULD be account bound… After spending several months of hard work, you only punish yourself, since you kind of limit yourself to one character

Altaholics

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

Their logic is that you are still one player even if you have an army of alts. So it makes sense to me (in my opinion) as giving each alt an identity would give advantage, and thus open to abuse (people making trash alts just to farm rewards).

In the case of soulbound items, i believe they should all be account bound.

Altaholics

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Im not stamping all people with my statement and i agree. The pinnacle of items should be account bound because of the volume of work to get them. But the perma gathering tools is just a smart move to maximize profits. Im refering to achievements and special currencies remaining account capped. Like this quartz node. One per day per account. So someone cant exploit it.

Altaholics

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yeah I saw that thread too. It was pretty much one guy complaining about the quartz nodes over and over. And everyone else in the thread was against him, including some altoholics.

I just don’t think one guy with issues, trying to start a stampede is worthy of a separate post that targets altoholics in general.

Altaholics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Dropped items should never be account or soulbound. Makes no sense at all to have this in a game. Items from the gemshop is the only good reason I can think of for account bound items.

Altaholics

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

The only thing I really think is anti-alt is the ascended gear. It takes forever to gear your alts for ascended gear, due to the back pieces being extremely expensive, and laurels/guild commendations having such a slow rate of accumulation. Also if you don’t enjoy fractals, then tough luck with those rings if you can’t simply buy them for 10 pristine relics a piece.

Altaholics

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

The only thing I really think is anti-alt is the ascended gear.

Definitely agree with this. I haven’t bothered with any ascended gear and probably won’t ever get a legendary as long as they’re soulbound. I just don’t play any one character faithfully enough to spend that amount of time and money into them. Add in my penchant of liking to try new builds, which requires new gear sometimes, and it’s just a straight loss no matter what.

Altaholics

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

There are different kinds of altoholics man

there’s:

1- making low lv alts to gather high lv resources totally hate this kind btw, it’s borderline exploiting
2- making alts for the storage space benefits I’m fine with these it doesn’t impact me in the least
3- making alts to experience different playstyles and reaching lv cap this is the kind I am

Do I say everything should be character bound hell NO !

Things I agree are fine as an account wide reward.
Laurels, guild comms, AP’s, daily achieve etc.

BUT…..

There’s a difference between content specific limitations and gamewide limitations.

Crafting resources affect the whole game, not just a portion of the content.
I can’t just ignore it if it’s limiting and I don’t like it, I need it to progress my main and my alts.

Content limiting example:

I hate JP’s with a passion, and even though most of sky pirates achievements involve doing JP’s for the cashes
I don’t bother complaining about them I just ignore the content all together, simple as that.
it doesn’t really affect me in the least.

But when they try to limit a gamewide gathering crafting resource we should all be concerned

I can’t just say oh well I’m gonna skip this resource all together because I don’t like the way it is implemented.
if you want to progess your character you will need this resource, if I skip all JP’s all I lose are a couple of AP’s

I play all my chacracters they are not just there to gather resources
if the quartz get lmited to one character only, I might not be able to equip my other toons in ascended gear at all.
if it is not invloved in any ascended crafting go ahead and limit it to your hearts content I don’t care on e bit
but if it is required for ascended crafting, than hell NO

here’s why

I have several characters that will require ascended armor.
yes i play them all.
limiting the resource would make it almost impossible to have more than 1 toon in ascended armor per 5-6 months.
for thosewith 1 toon they actually play this is fine.
not so much for those like me that actually play more than 1 class in a regular basis, not just making low lv alts for gathering for profit.

If I was the number 1 kind of altoholic this is fine it limits them just as it should be.
if you are the 3rd kind though you get punished for no reason.

see I’m not saying don’t limit it at all I understand why they would want to,
but if my alt is not a low lv character made for the sole purpose of gathering high lv materials only
in fact it is a lv capped character than I should be able to gather the new resource on it as well.

This allows me as a alternate play style character lover to expand all my toons to ascended armor NOT just my main.

in conclusion my point is this.

quartz needed for ascended crafting, no once per day per account, i have several lv capped toons that will need it.
quartz not needed for ascended crafting, go ahead and limit the crap out of it as much as you desire.

Or the best compromise

make the resource minable once per account but also tradable,
at least this way my kind of altoholic will be able to get all the characters he plays geared up and ready for action

Or

make it like prestine relics.
you can get them on all toons but since it is account bound it doesn’t affect the economy, there, this also solves the problem.

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

Altaholics

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

It depends of what quartz will make. If it makes ascended items, wouldn’t it make sense that you could gather it with your alts, but only with level 80 alts that already have a certain life span (like a month, or a week) so that people wouldn’t abuse it?

Altaholics

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

It depends of what quartz will make. If it makes ascended items, wouldn’t it make sense that you could gather it with your alts, but only with level 80 alts that already have a certain life span (like a month, or a week) so that people wouldn’t abuse it?

You my dear man do understand where I’m coming from

Imagine if prior to ascended accessories, orichalcum ore was a limited once per account resource :S I assure you a lot of people would’ve been kitten ed off.

I don’t get why they don’t see what is happening here.

Altaholics

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I think they’ll be used to craft new armor and weapons, and they’ll probably be tradeable or can be acquired from different methods, otherwise only people who completed the meta achievement will determine the price of the items you make with quartz

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Altaholics

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

There are different kinds of altoholics man

there’s:

1- making low lv alts to gather high lv resources totally hate this kind btw, it’s borderline exploiting

Ok this is by far one of the funniest things i’v read on the forums. So cute thakittens almost hard to believe you might be serious

Altaholics

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

What’s this quartz? Have they introduced a new material? Where have I been?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Altaholics

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

it’s a node that will be introduced at july 9, if you complete the meta achievement for the new update, you will get one each day at your home instance

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Altaholics

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

You my dear man do understand where I’m coming from

Imagine if prior to ascended accessories, orichalcum ore was a limited once per account resource :S I assure you a lot of people would’ve been kitten ed off.

I don’t get why they don’t see what is happening here.

Did you kick a fuss up about laurels too?
Just another currency…. wrong,

The same as the quartz node isnt going to be a normal node, stop trying to treat it as such.

Altaholics

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

it’s a node that will be introduced at july 9, if you complete the meta achievement for the new update, you will get one each day at your home instance

Cool, thanks for that.

I still don’t know where I’ve been though…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Altaholics

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I would think that it would be a poor thing if quartz turned out not to be tradeable but an absolute necessity for ascended crafting. Why? Because what if new players come to the game in a month – chance for quartz node is gone, but are we going to completely prevent them from being able to craft ascended items? That would be content gating of the worst kind … in fact, not even gating … brick walling (gate implies you can open it).