Alternate method to get Ornate Guild Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I hope a new acquisition method for the recipes for Ornate Guild Armor is added in PoF. 40 Ore per armor piece require a ton of running Dragon Stand, which is the only source (and probably the other HoT maps to get the funds to buy machetes).

It would be really annoying to have a whole new expansion to play, but continuing to need to constantly run DS. Especially considering DS will in all likelihood rapidly become uncompleteable as people move on to the new content and map population drops through the floor.

Quite frankly, we need more ways to get ore anyway, but at least unbind Guild-related content from Dragon Stand. It never made sense linking guild content to DS in the first place.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

the way of aqcuireing this armor is in the name itself…

Ornate “Guild” Armor, now where do you think one can get guild armor from?

it’s obvious is it not?

Boogiepop Void.6473

it’s obvious is it not?

And you get it from the guild hall. The guild commendations make sense. The Crystalline Ore does not. What does running Dragon Stand 50 times have to do with the guild?

AncientYs.8613

it’s obvious is it not?

And you get it from the guild hall. The guild commendations make sense. The Crystalline Ore does not. What does running Dragon Stand hundreds of times have to do with the guild?

i see your point, this added material necessary to craft the armor itself is indeed troublesome to get.

I also don’t understand what this ore has to do with the crafting of “Guild” armor :> hopefully it can be changed?

because in all honesty the ore should be for something with prestige.. legendary armor or ascendend perhaps?

but not a simple guild armor :>

Boogiepop Void.6473

I don’t have a problem with there being an extra cost beyond 10 guild commendations. But that cost should absolutely NOT be Crystalline Ore in any quantity. At least not unless they put in way more ways to get Ore, and make that group content you can do with guildies.

The way DS reset works (throwing people into random maps) actually DISCOURAGES running it with your guild, and as mentioned once PoF drops the populations are going to drop through the floor, making completion in general harder.

AncientYs.8613

I don’t have a problem with there being an extra cost beyond 10 guild commendations. But that cost should absolutely NOT be Crystalline Ore in any quantity. At least not unless they put in way more ways to get Ore, and make that group content you can do with guildies.

Yes, this would be a welcome change.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Guilds arrived with HoT, Dragon’s Stand is the final area of HoT. So essentially Anet is saying that you need to get to the last map of HoT to get the guild armor. I don’t have a problem with that, but IMO the problem is with how Dragon’s Stand works.

However if Anet isn’t going to change Dragon’s Stand, they should at least lower the amount of Crystalline Ore recipes require.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The only reason its in there is because people were kittening about not having anything to spend crystalline ore on, now that they have all the gear they need. While I agree Crystalline ore makes no thematic sense…. that is not the reason its used.

Boogiepop Void.6473

Well then commence kittening the other way then. It might have been an idea when DS was popular, but it’s not going to work with a new expansion coming.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Guilds arrived with HoT

Guilds were there since the very beginning of the game. All HoT did was to bring guildhalls and some (not necessarily good) reorganization to guild buffs and utilities.

Crystalline ore cost shoudl be changed to gold or something equally universal. It’s not like the commendations cost is not already high enough.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Boogiepop Void.6473

The guild commendation cost wouldn’t seem so bad if they would do ANYTHING to update or at least add more variety to guild missions and content. The Ore that takes tons of runs at DS is the icing on the cake of doing the same thing over and over and over again.

Posted by: Alanar.9854

Alanar.9854

Yeah, I’m happy I had some ore left over from farming for Nevermore materials. I also don’t know why it had to be that specific mat.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

At the moment I’m thinking the best solution would be to make crystalline ore tradable.

It’s needed for a lot of different things, and offering an alternative way to get each one would be a lot of work for the developers and only helps people going for that one specific item or set of items.

Whereas my understanding is that making it tradable is a relatively quick change and all it does is shift the effort of farming Dragon’s Stand from people who need the ore to make stuff to people who like farming Dragon’s Stand. I imagine it would sell for quite a bit so it’s not like it’d make the end products quick and easy to obtain.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”