Alternate uses for ascended mats are needed!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I don’t craft. I will never craft. I may never get ascended gear—but that’s all right. My exotics work fine. I’m not interested enough in ascended gear to craft for it.

The problem for me, and for many people like me, is that we have stacks and stacks and stacks of unused ascended crafting materials.
I will never use any of my bloodstone dust, or dragonite ore, or shards. Yet, I keep getting more. and more. and MORE. Stack upon stack of it, filling up my inventory.

I don’t want to delete these mats, because I know they are valuable. You don’t just throw something of value in the trash, even if you don’t use it. An alternative is desperately needed.

An exchange system needs to be implemented. It should give non-crafting players something valuable in exchange for their mats—a form of currency they will actually use.

I’ve heard that an exchange system for extra blade shards is in the works. This is great, because I have stacks of them which I will not use otherwise. How could this system be extended to ascended mats?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

God ikr.

I don’t understand what the hell the point is of having these materials dished out to us in such high quantities is. The only reasoning behind it I can see is I suppose a shot-in-the-dark chance of getting somebody to waste $ on gems for extra character slots (more mules) or more bank slots/inventory slots (mules). However at the same time this seems almost too sadistic to be true.

Instead of getting dozens of piles of bloodstone dusts/empyreal fragments/dragonite ore when we complete dungeons/kill world event bosses etc… why not decrease the quantities of them that we receive to 1/10th along with changing all of the recipes involving them to 1/10th…?

Ex: 2-3 empryeal fragments at the end of a dungeon path instead of 27-30, 10 fragments needed for 1 empyreal star.

This way someone like me wouldn’t have a mule with over 25 stacks of the crap. All of my friends seem to suffer from the same issue.

Posted by: Col.4138

Col.4138

God ikr.

I don’t understand what the hell the point is of having these materials dished out to us in such high quantities is. The only reasoning behind it I can see is I suppose a shot-in-the-dark chance of getting somebody to waste $ on gems for extra character slots (more mules) or more bank slots/inventory slots (mules). However at the same time this seems almost too sadistic to be true.

I don’t think they have anything planned for these mats and this is the reason why. People are more than willing to spend money to expand slots and Anet knows it. If they make other uses for these mats, people will have plenty of space freed up, which means no need for extra slots, and no need for extra slots = no money for Anet.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I don’t know why they are even in the game…the cost of ascended weapons is in the t1-6 mats, not the ascended stuff…

@op they are not valuable. They have 0 value since they can’t be sold.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I don’t craft. I will never craft. I may never get ascended gear—but that’s all right. My exotics work fine. I’m not interested enough in ascended gear to craft for it.

The problem for me, and for many people like me, is that we have stacks and stacks and stacks of unused ascended crafting materials.
I will never use any of my bloodstone dust, or dragonite ore, or shards. Yet, I keep getting more. and more. and MORE. Stack upon stack of it, filling up my inventory.

I don’t want to delete these mats, because I know they are valuable. You don’t just throw something of value in the trash, even if you don’t use it. An alternative is desperately needed.

An exchange system needs to be implemented. It should give non-crafting players something valuable in exchange for their mats—a form of currency they will actually use.

I’ve heard that an exchange system for extra blade shards is in the works. This is great, because I have stacks of them which I will not use otherwise. How could this system be extended to ascended mats?

Their value lies in crafting and if you dont craft, delete them. They wont make them tradeable or vendorable. They didnt take the place of anything else on the loot table, so if you delete them, you are not really missing out on anything.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.