Am I getting old or....

Am I getting old or....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

Hey guys, this might be my second topic on the forums and I have been playing the game for about 2 years…more or less, anyway while i don’t post much i do like to browse the forums and read and here is what i noticed.

Most of the time, most of the people just whine, and cry and complain, and ohh my godddd you are ruining my lifeee…and how dare you do that to MEEEEE, why don’t you guys know what i like, what i don’t like, what i agree, what i kinda like…but not like that much, what i would like to like but i don’t like…and so on.

First off all let me start by saying, Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game…not by far, not even close, it’s so frustrating and infuriating and i have rage quited so many times and deleted the game.

But what did i do after i deleted the game? downloaded the wholeee thing again, took a big cup of chill and played again. Did i whine on the forums? nope. (Mostly i do my rage quits in dungeons, there are some people that just LOVE to kick you out at the last boss so they can invite friends/guild mates, so you have to do the whole thing all over again)

Anyway the game is not perfect, nothing is, but what i get from all this crying on the forums is that you don’t know what else is out there, I have played most of the mmo’s out there since idk…2004 ? I have characters on certain MMO’s that took time, sweat even blood and are nowhere near close to cap level…or decent items, it’s just this huge grind fest where you just kill mobs for days and days and days without doing anything else… And if by miracle you actually do hit the level cap…well congratz to you, now you can farm this dungeon that’s in your level range and just start anew.

But it doesn’t really apply to games anymore, does it? Everyone complains about everything all the time everywere to everyone, everyone is a victim. OMG my lighter doesn’t work…THANKS OBAMA…
OMG this phone is white and i wanted black…I HATE YOU MOM
IT’S NOT MY FAULT…i failed the test cause the teacher is like this…super serious…and strict guy that actually wants us to learn something…and…how dare he make me do something i do not want

I digressed to much and forgot my initial idea…

Guild Wars 2 is by far the best game out there today, it’s fun, interesting, funny, complex…it has a little something for everyone. Is it perfect? NO, HELL NO, there is no such thing. Are there things that i hate about this game but other people just love? YES, the fact the 95% of the game is perfect for me…but i just hate the 5% soooo much( I mean who is Arena Net to force me to do WvWvW maps for 100% competion, and why all 3 exactly identical maps?

but you know what? i did the maps…took me 2 weeks, and i kinda enjoyed it, running around with my girlfriend like 2 ninjas or screaming “RUNNNNN THEY SAW USSSS” dying cause running around with the map open means you eventually run into the zerg…and thats bad…it really gets fun, frustrating, iritating but fun nonethe less,just give it a chance and you will be surprised) means that the game is bad? NO

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

(woa i wrote so much that i had to break it down into 2 posts…i suck, i know i know i talk too much sorry) here is the second part:

The point i’m trying to reach is…if you have a problem with a certain small part of the game, don’t expect Anet to role over, kiss your feet and then fix that problem just for you. If you have suggestions, or some helpfull ideas idk…something constructive that’s great and appreciated.

But if you come on the forums and complain, and then tell everyone that Guild Wars 2 sucks just cause..idk…you have to kill small fluffy cute bunnys for an achievement…that’s not cool.

And there will be some of you out there that are gonna say: “Yeah?? well i paid for the game so I DEMAND THE GAME TO BE EXACTLY LIKE I WANT” … true…you paid, we all did…but the thing is what other game can you buy with 40 bucks(60 at the beggining, 20 if you get the 50% off) doesn’t matter…what game can you buy with those money, with NO MONTHLY subscription, and the game offers you…hundreds of hours of content to play.

How much do you want from 60 bucks? Yea i mean if the game were free and we were PAID to play it…that would’ve been awesome, no denying here.

Anyway, all i’m saying is that maybe we should try to stop playing the victim all the time, maybe it’s our parents fault, they were overprotective when we were little kids and they kept telling us “You are the best, you are great, you are always right, YOU YOU YOU YOU” but they didn’t mean for you to become this adult cry baby

Play the game with your friends, enjoy the parts that you like, relax, and maybe thank ArenaNet for giving us a good game, in a time when most game suck so bad…90% of AAA games just suck…bottoms line, not really worth the money. And in a sea full of fish, but 99% of those are either dead, poisonus, out to kill you or just make you go insane and hate your life, there is this little golden fish…that bites your finger from time to time.

sorry for the wall of text, if someone reaches this point, thank you… and here is a potato: potato (okay i admit it’s just some letters forming the word, but i’m to lazy to actually put a picture here)

Wish you a great day guys!

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

tldr; some people whine too much
_
and some people whine about whiners

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

How come you’re always such a fussy young man
Don’t want no NPE, don’t want no Daily spam
Well, don’t you know that other kids are starving in WoW
So eat it, just eat it

Don’t want to argue, I don’t want to debate
Don’t want to hear about what kind of content you hate
You won’t get no expansion ’till you clean off your plate
So eat it

Don’t you tell me you’re bored
Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Get yourself an event and beat it
Have some more forced PvP, have some more WvW
It doesn’t matter if it’s something you hate
Just eat it, eat it, just eat it, eat it
Just eat it, eat it, just eat it, eat it, ooh

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So eat it, just eat it

So eat it

There needs to be a forum page dedicated just to this. XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There needs to be a forum page dedicated just to this. XD

Ty. Ty. I felt inspired by OP’s words to sing that little ditty. In fact, reading them again is causing another song to well up.

I just want to…….to sing

Attachments:

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

-looks at thread-

Attachments:

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

First off all let me start by saying, Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game…not by far, not even close, it’s so frustrating and infuriating and i have rage quited so many times and deleted the game.

But what did i do after i deleted the game? downloaded the wholeee thing again, took a big cup of chill and played again. Did i whine on the forums? nope. (Mostly i do my rage quits in dungeons, there are some people that just LOVE to kick you out at the last boss so they can invite friends/guild mates, so you have to do the whole thing all over again)

I feel much better about my /ragequit’s now… XD

At least when I’ve rage quitted, I didn’t delete the game. lol
I knew I’d come back, usually the very next day, if not that very same evening.

The longest I’ve been away was one year, logging in for a few minutes only now and then when I had a moment to spare. It wasn’t a rage quit.

Here’s to future /ragequit’s that are inevitable on my end! \(^.^)/

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

welcome to the inclusion everyone is special nanny state world of the 2010s. If this was only an issue in computer games, I´d be very happy.

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

So eat it, just eat it

So eat it

I laughed so hard my stomach hurts.

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You’re probably gonna get some flak for this thread, but you definitely see the problem. A lot of the players around here gawk at you if you so much as imply that their demands are not the most reasonable thing you’ve ever read, like “me? entitled!? HOW DARE YOU??”

I was kind of raised that way too honestly, it just takes some real effort to overcome the mentality. It can help if you’re not too confrontational with it, but really, what does it matter if people are or aren’t making ridiculous demands on the GW2 forums? It’s happening everywhere in the world with actually devastating consequences, so if we’re going to try to tackle the problem of society’s systematic cycle of misdirection, why start here?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Am I getting old or....

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

If by getting older you mean forgetting the difference between valid arguments and constructive criticism, and mindless drivel, than maybe. There are both here, apparently, and maybe not in the right proportion, but still…

also if you acknowledge that in the second post, sorry, I take it back, because tl;dr

also calling it the best game out there is by far a hyperbole, I’d say that there is no best mmo, because no one has got it right so far, (i don’t pretend i know how to do it) the whole genre being somewhat flawed for various reasons, which are easy to spot imo
(wow has got it well enough to survive indefinitely, so it seems, while still retaining all the flaws)