Am I misunderstanding this AMA answer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

This was from the damage control AMA after the Nov 17 update.
“Hi Joiry,

Really interesting question. Our intention is to deploy ascended components and gear across the whole of the game rather than focus it in one particular location. This was a a mistake and one that we will not be making moving forward. We do hope to find a balance and ensure that the world of Guild Wars 2 is as accessible and populated as possible and moving forward you will be able to see how we intend to execute on this goal.

I think with the support of the community we can continue building a world that does satisfy lots of different types of players in a fashion where everyone feels part of the same community and whose activities impact and interplay with those of differing player types.

Chris"

So now we have the next type ascended gear once again pigeon holed into one aspect of the game once again, the daily quest. Where is the multiple pathways to obtaining ascended gear? There should have been at least 3 pathways to obtaining them, with the daily quest being one of them. The other two IMO are 30+ fractals and WvW. Currently they are repeating their “mistake” with this update.

Posted by: Reldnahc.7451

Reldnahc.7451

Pretty sure they also said they’ll introduce additional ways to obtain Laurels.

Posted by: Smelly Bookah.6957

Smelly Bookah.6957

Patience my young padawan.

ANet hasn’t fully implemented the system yet. Don’t worry, there will be multiple ways. Just give them more time. They needed 5 months to implement guesting. So I guess with ascended stuff it might take them like a light year

Posted by: Thellena.5967

Thellena.5967

How is it a lie that there are now additional places to get Ascended Gear?

There used to be one place (doing fractals) now there are two (laurels and fractals). Two is more than one. They have done the precise opposite of concentrating it.

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

How is it a lie that there are now additional places to get Ascended Gear?

There used to be one place (doing fractals) now there are two (laurels and fractals). Two is more than one. They have done the precise opposite of concentrating it.

He’s talking about ascended amulets…not rings.

Posted by: DocHolliday.5921

DocHolliday.5921

Until Ascended gear is at least as easily and widely available as Exotic gear currently is, they haven’t fixed kitten.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Dailies can be done everywhere in the game.

So i dont see it?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Kinoro.7594

Kinoro.7594

Dailies can be done everywhere in the game.

So i dont see it?

Pretty much this. Reading the part that the OP bolded, it seems that their goal is to not have ascended gear only available in one location of the game, which previously was fractals. Even if ascended amulets stay only available for laurels, and laurels remain only rewarded for dailies/monthlies (they have already confirmed otherwise), then they are already not focused on one location of the game, as you can make daily/monthly progress across many locations of the game.