Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

You are assuming that everyone has only bought the box.

That is a mistake.

I think the mistake is assuming you spent gems on items, got the items and yet are owed something else….

I doubt anyone buys gemstore items in the hope the game doesn’t grow. You buy into an MMO for the long term, you spend money in the shop with that expectation not only to get the item, but to support the game. It be a bit different if the shop sold only items that you were required to purchase just to play the game. In this case, we buy the items to support the game and have the added benefit of the item. In many cases, some of us would certainly pay additionally for an expansion.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

We “don’t have rights to complain”? Yet another piece of evidence which suggests that the die-hard defenders ( known here on the forums as “White Knights” ) are worse than haters.

Seriously, “no right to complain”? Just wow.

You have every right to complain but you should keep in perspective that your original $60 got you the right to log into ANET’s game world and play. Any funds you have spent in the Gem store were optional choices you made (NOT required for the game….ok, you can argue the cost you have spent for storage slots….). Beyond that Anet OWES you nothing.

Now that said, I think Anet has GIVEN you a lot (despite whether you wanted it or not). Type /age on your characters and divide your original game cost (and add in your storage purchases if you must) by total hours played on that account and THAT is the value number of your entertainment costs per hour.

And to squash the “time invested” argument, ask yourself, “am I employed by Anet in any way?”, “do I have any agreement with Anet based on the hours I play or am logged into the game?” No players can answer YES to these questions and thus has not “earned” any right to compensation from the company. If you don’t expect an author to pay you to read their book nor a movie studio to pay you for watching their film (I get it feels like you should get something at times), then thinking Anet OWES you something for your 1000 hours spent in GW2 is just an incorrect assumption. The game is entertainment YOU participate in (and chose) NOT a job you should get paid to perform. If it FEELS like a job to you, I suggest you move on to another form of entertainment (I strongly feel MANY of the mob mentality players on this forum would benefit from this suggestion).

Now does Anet owe loyal fans anything? Certainly. Is it always what any individual fan “wants”? Absolutely not. Anet cannot cater to any individual desire at the expense of the overall game and the entitled, “Anet owes ME something!” attitude that permeates this forum is just the wrong way to look at this entire “relationship”.

Any complaints that are within reason based on the above financial facts are valid.

Demands are just childish and uncalled for.

ALL requests, suggestions and questions are always valid.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

almost every single post here is about how no 1 likes Anet,
you payed once! and played for 2 years and all you do is complain, you dont have rights to complain!
new pvp rewards
class balance (so u wont cry that warrior is op)
more “traits” for wvw
commander color, not a big change but can have a big effect if used right
megaserver maybe this time it will be right, if no the heck so ull miss tequatl or just need to be ready 20 min ahead
u dont get kicked from dungeon wen the leader leaves
a small but nice improvment for crafting + new back pieces
fresh start, eaither a new member or a 2 years members starts a new class and will have easier life lvling
finishers and minis im not fan of that but i know alot of people who are
new collection achivment, more ap more loot, even if u dont get profit for it, its an extra goal.
Anet i paid once for the game but you keep adding staff every now and then, even if its a mere dagger or gs skin
Thank you! 2 years and im still enjoying

People “complain” cause they care. If people dont care, they dont come here to “complain”. I still enjoy this game after 1.5 year playing but the way they waste potential is getting to me more and more. This game could literally be the bomb of all MMO’s if they actually cared a bit more about it then being so concentrated on the moneygrab.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

You have every right to complain but you should keep in perspective that your original $60 got you the right to log into ANET’s game world and play. Any funds you have spent in the Gem store were optional choices you made (NOT required for the game….ok, you can argue the cost you have spent for storage slots….). Beyond that Anet OWES you nothing.

Now that said, I think Anet has GIVEN you a lot (despite whether you wanted it or not). Type /age on your characters and the $60 game cost (and add in your storage purchases if you must) by total hours played on that account and THAT is the value number of your entertainment costs per hour.

And to squash the “time invested” argument, ask yourself, “am I employed by Anet in any way?”, “do I have any agreement with Anet based on the hours I play or am logged into the game?” No players can answer YES to these questions and thus have not “earned” any value from the company. If you don’t expect an author to pay you to read their book nor a movie studio to pay you for watching their film (I get it feels like you should get something at times), then thinking Anet OWES you something for your 1000 hours spent in GW2 is just an incorrect assumption. The game is entertainment YOU participate in (and chose) NOT a job you should get paid do perform.

Any complaints that are within reason based on the above financial facts are valid. Note that any requests, suggestions and questions are always valid.

Good complaints should be welcomed at any time as they make the developers see what some players want and maybe even get a few features/content ideas (like for example the upcoming mini slot) In cases like that, no metrics and no statistics could do a better job than the good complaints on the forums.

It’s not about yelling at ANET that they didn’t get what they paid for, as much as it is a way to tell ANET that they care about the game. If they wouldn’t they wouldn’t be writing posts on the forum.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

When you go to a forum remember 2 things:

1. People who like the game only visit the forum for information or share it. People who enjoy the game won’t bother much with it.

2. Most of the complainers are people who have gotten a little too comfortable in the ‘give’ society. They paid for a game, and a game they got. Everything that came after the release were free extras. People think they are entitled to this free stuff and think they have the right to complain about it.

EDIT:
What this forum mostly needs is someone who teaches the common complainer the difference between a complaint and critisism.
The first being; saying you don’t like something
The second being; saying WHY you don’t like something, or HOW something could be better/more liked

Sadly, this forum is oversupplied with the first

(edited by Ayakaru.6583)

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

What this forum mostly needs is someone who teaches the common complainer the difference between a complaint and critisism.
The second being; saying WHY you don’t like something, or HOW something could be better/more liked

It also mostly needs someone who would teach the people defending ANET to back off a little when it comes to the 2nd case, because every single positive topic gets destroyed by them in a matter of a few posts.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

2. Most of the complainers are people who have gotten a little too comfortable in the ‘give’ society. They paid for a game, and a game they got. Everything that came after the release were free extras. People think they are entitled to this free stuff and think they have the right to complain about it.

Gosh.. this is so wrong i don’t even know where to start.
If a game advertises itself as an ever evolving world where every day is different to the
day before, people are entitled to ask for that. Easy and plain.

A wardrobe and more colors for commanders are hardly an ever evolving game.
They also advertise that everything is about me and all changes involve me.
I am no commander and neither do i use the wardrobe…..
So where are my changes and my ever evolving world ?????

I can tell you thousands of people think like that.
And that is why there are so many complainers.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

I think we have the right to complain about certain “skilled” players in WvW, who, thanks to no action being taken in the last 2 years, are brazen enough to show their “skills” for all to see!

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Dont Argue with Vayne.

trust me it will get you nowhere.
he derails many many threads on this forum.

@op
people complain because Anet seem to spend more resources on unnessary things.
and not on the issues that matter.

how many updates have you seen that you are 100% happy with?

the main issues need to be addressed and fixed before adding new features.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I think its better to close this thread, it offers absolutely no place for any kind of constructive discussion and that already from begin on, because it was from begin on nothing else than a disguised QQ thread about other people with a tarned under insulting towards those people at the end of it, which is also the reason, why a moderator now edited the posting of the OP (too late anyways as he forgot also to remove that part from all the follow up quotes as sadly usual)

This thread is absolutely nothing else, like what someone else here described it so perfectly just with 1 word:

flamebait

And due to this, its better for this forom and just everyone to give this flamebait just not more air to let it burn up, but instead close it, before it desasters only more into flame wars.

just my 2 cent

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

@Labjax….

You mistook what I said.

When I said saying that content wasn’t significant is useless it’s literally true. What’s the difference between these two complaints.

“This game has no significant content updates.”
“I play this game to do dungeons and there aren’t enough of them.”

The significant content comment, in and out itself does nothing. If you clarify it, it STILL does nothing. It doesn’t help in and out itself.

There’s literally no advantage to using those terms at all, and some people will be offended. If they get offended there will be backlash.. Then the person is defending something they said, and their point gets lost.

So yes, it can be said, but in and of itself, it’s unnecessary and only helps to muddy the issue.

I don’t think you’re understanding the meaning of feedback. And it’s not about an “advantage” to using those terms (I don’t know where you got that from). It’s just that it’s not posters’ responsibility to do their utmost to avoid being offensive – they shouldn’t have to.

By the way, this tangent of yours is missing the whole point of my initial example. My point was not to say the most hypothetically offensive thing and justify it – my point was incredibly simple: Some things are objectively true or false, while others are subjectively true or false based on opinion. When people treat a subjective claim like it is an objective claim, they are obfuscating the point and confusing the subject matter.

That’s it.

The reason it’s bad is because it turns everything into an argument, when some things are just meant to be a tempered discussion. And as we all know, when we’ve gotten into those Pepsi vs. Coke type of arguments in our lives, arguments based on opinion have no logical conclusion other than “wow, this is silly and we’re wasting our time.”

Or words to that effect.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

1. People who like the game only visit the forum for information or share it. People who enjoy the game won’t bother much with it.

EDIT:

Many people here ar asking for paid expansions. How is that asking for free stuff they feel entitled to?

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

We respect all opinions as long as they are expressed respectfully and this is a condition for having healthy discussions on the forums.

It’s not true. I can see at least 3 reasons which should have led to the closure of this thread.

1) This thread isn’t constructive. No idea, no propositions, nothing. Just complaints about others players.

2) insults and verbal abuse. A moderator kindly edited it, but there was something like “you’re 12yo kid". Moreover, it seems that the OP didn’t get an infraction point for that.

3) this thread is a rant, aka “coup de gueule” in my language. And guess what ? it’s not allowed on this forum. I know it, because I’ve been punished for this particular reason like 1 week ago.

And there’s a lot of other little details, like :
Use a relevant thread title that clearly expresses the subject of the thread.
Be respectful. Be pleasant to forum members, staff members, and moderators.

But hey, he is pro A-net, so I guess it’s totally fine…

P.S : nice to see you, FRENCH community manager

(edited by Markus.9084)

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I’ve read a lot of angry posts, and some of mine haven’t been very peachie either; however, when a customer/player takes the time to give negative feedback, especially in a heated fashion, then that is simply a sign of passion. There are many players who have a strong passion for the continued development of GW2. IMHO, it is still the best MMO out there, and I really only want to see it improve.

If a person feels that much anger about an aspect of a video game, then there must be that much love for it too, or they wouldn’t bother kittening about it and would just go play another game.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

We respect all opinions as long as they are expressed respectfully and this is a condition for having healthy discussions on the forums.

It’s not true. I can see at least 3 reasons which should have led to the closure of this thread.

1) This thread isn’t constructive. No idea, no propositions, nothing. Just complaints about others players.

2) insults and verbal abuse. A moderator kindly edited it, but there was something like “you’re 12yo kid". Moreover, it seems that the OP didn’t get an infraction point for that.

3) this thread is a rant, aka “coup de gueule” in my langage. And guess what ? it’s not allowed on this forum. I know it, because I’ve been punished for this particular reason like 1 week ago.

I think someone wants more threads ‘in support of’, instead of nothing but threads critical of it.

Though yeah….this thread is nothing but flame bait.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Am I the only one?

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’d like to thank anet for these improvements, while there are some questionable things here (projected profit being removed WTHBBQ?). I think overall they are trying to fix the base game, which IMHO is very much needed before anyone can talk expansion.

I personally think a lot of these features are things they really wanted to do, things that needed to be fixed, things people asked for. But (and there is always a but), we do need content to keep people interested.

I think the feature pack has some good things, along with some questionable things, but i can see the value of “fixing” some stuff we all think should have been “fixed” at least a year ago. I think also that anet is taking some pretty big risks, stepping outside the standard expansion model and i think people are reacting to it accordingly. They make comparisons to other games (including gw1), but i think the jury is out. Unless they can deliver an “expansions worth of content” via living story in a fairly quick (few months time) then this system of releasing new stuff just doesn’t sit well with (at least some) of the community. Let’s all just hope the man behind the curtain has a back-up plan for the living world, that includes some major changes to WvW and PvE on top of game modes for sPvP. Else i fear vets lose the faith for the long term.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Am I the only one?

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

3) this thread is a rant, aka “coup de gueule” in my language. And guess what ? it’s not allowed on this forum. I know it, because I’ve been punished for this particular reason like 1 week ago.

Funny enough was how my post was removed for being ‘off-topic’ (I graciously updated the last few lines of the OP with a few added bolded parts for accuracy purposes), while the original – equally off-topic, unconstructive, inflammatory, you name it – still stands there, neither deleted and much less infracted.
Double standards yolo.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Players don’t complain about games they don’t like. They move on. Complaints are just poorly expressed pleas for more awesome.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

EDIT:

1) Anet owns these forums and has given its users the right to complain (so long as the complaints do not violate the forum rules of course)and so those people who, “think they have the right…” are correct.

2) Nothing in game is free, as an, “extra,” or otherwise. When access to something is gated by a required purchase it is not, “free.” Now, to clarify, I think that Anet’s business model is very generous. Demands are not justified, praise, suggestions, requests, criticism, and even complaints are.

Am I the only one?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

We’ll now close this thread as requested by its creator.

Thank you for your understanding.