Am I the only one getting lag?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I mean, at rediculous times – when I’m inside a dungeon, when I’m doing story, when I am killing a quest…

But when I am whacking some random mob – it’s fine 70% of the time. I can get to normal websites just fine – forums is fast too, youtube is fast – so I’m willing to bet it’s not my ISP.

PC spec wise – mine can run Crysis 3 without lag at ultra, Tomb Raider at High.. So it’s not my pc.

:\

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I notice on a daily basis that my stuff is sometimes delayed by 0.5 to 1 second, or sometimes an ability goes off twice. As for your complaint with dungeons, it could be that theyre on own servers. I remember in Tera it is like this, whereas certain dungeons gives the impression of more latency.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Yeah, I was JUST about to make a similar topic myself. It’s not all the time, just somedays when it’s bad it’s really bad or just the delay is unplayable. Initially, I shook it off as must be my internet… etc but I can play other more ping demanding games like dota 2 just fine. I reckon there is stability issues with anets server or they just can’t provide enough for the oceanic area? Usually if I ask around in a party or map chat, i’ll get some yes and some no’s.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I just had it terrible in that sprint game…..and yes I am in the Australasia area…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Sprint game is just unplayable most of the time due to random bouts of latency. I also have periods where I just lag out for up to five seconds at a time, always when I’m doing something “important,” and I generally come out of it downed. It never just happens when I’m standing around crafting or smashing trash mobs while walking somewhere.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Sprint game is just unplayable most of the time due to random bouts of latency. I also have periods where I just lag out for up to five seconds at a time, always when I’m doing something “important,” and I generally come out of it downed. It never just happens when I’m standing around crafting or smashing trash mobs while walking somewhere.

Must be their most crappiest servers set aside for this game now. I had little problems with it the first time it came out but now it’s just horrid.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

every patch my performance are getting worse. or my computer getting old? i can never tell, but yeah, at first it wasn’t like that!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

At times the game is almost unplayable. As others have said, with each patch, it seems to get worse and worse. GW2 is the only game I have problems with. Very stable high speed internet connection and PC with more then enough resources for the game. I can play other online games with out any issues at all, but GW2 seems to “pause” every few seconds so even the most basic of fights is difficult. Trying to pick up loot? I sometimes have to try hitting the F key several times. I am on the East Coast of the US if it makes a difference.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I would like to hear what kind of game-play people are getting who are in the same area ANETs servers are located(Dallas, Tx.) , I live 2 states away and mine is mediocre at best.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

knives.6345

At times the game is almost unplayable. As others have said, with each patch, it seems to get worse and worse. GW2 is the only game I have problems with. Very stable high speed internet connection and PC with more then enough resources for the game. I can play other online games with out any issues at all, but GW2 seems to “pause” every few seconds so even the most basic of fights is difficult. Trying to pick up loot? I sometimes have to try hitting the F key several times. I am on the East Coast of the US if it makes a difference.

Mine doesn’t pause. My character still moves. Problem is, only mine is moving. Once it “resumes” – poof! Everything is moving like “The Flash”, which unfortunately, so does the mob damage – chances are, I’m dead.

It’s extremely annoying. :|

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No, you’re not the only one. Been doing some HotW runs, and tried fractals for the stupid Maw Muncher achievement last night. (Which turned out to be an exercise in reminding me [painfully] why I don’t bother playing with people) Several seconds of lag between hitting the key and the game responding, results in a very dead ele. Yet going out into normal world play, I have few to no issues…. annoyed

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

knives.6345

My lag just extended to outside dungeons. :|

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I notice on a daily basis that my stuff is sometimes delayed by 0.5 to 1 second, or sometimes an ability goes off twice. As for your complaint with dungeons, it could be that theyre on own servers. I remember in Tera it is like this, whereas certain dungeons gives the impression of more latency.

1-2 second delay is normal here for NZ and maybe some Aus players (no oceanic servers, boooo)

knives.6345

Okay… I pinged some of their servers (? i just found it on network path) and I have 300+ms ping, compared to google’s 24ms using CMD.

Wuuuut? Whyy?(

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Friends of mine and myself felt that the game is laggy-er then before atleast with this patch. It’s not frequent but it still happens from time to time.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Thanks for posting this. It’s true for me in enclosed areas like indoors and in personal story. In a big zerg I slow down somewhat less as well.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I mean, at rediculous times – when I’m inside a dungeon, when I’m doing story, when I am killing a quest…

But when I am whacking some random mob – it’s fine 70% of the time. I can get to normal websites just fine – forums is fast too, youtube is fast – so I’m willing to bet it’s not my ISP.

PC spec wise – mine can run Crysis 3 without lag at ultra, Tomb Raider at High.. So it’s not my pc.

I don’t get it… you can run Tomb Raider on high which is a console port and far from the most demanding game (especially when tressfx is off) but you can max the most demanding game on the market, crysis 3?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

knives.6345

I don’t get it… you can run Tomb Raider on high which is a console port and far from the most demanding game (especially when tressfx is off) but you can max the most demanding game on the market, crysis 3?

When I run Tomb Raider on Ultra, I get dizzy after a few hours. My PC can run it no problem, but I can’t. lol