Am I the only one in here?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GodAmongUs.9713

GodAmongUs.9713

Hi, I’m new to the game and today was my first day playing it. I have played only 1 hour as a sylvari but something realy bothered me. I was the only one around, I saw only 1 other player and that’s it. I’m in high populated server and still can’t find anyone. Is it only me? or is it the area? or is it just that the low level area are desolated?

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

I would say the low lvl areas are desolated.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Welcome to GW2.

If you step into Queensdale (the human lowbie area) around 5 PM PDT you should find plenty of folks. (That’s when the dailies reset).

The sylvari lowbie areas are often less populated. The asura lowbie areas are often less populated as well.

Usually the human zones have more activity, (a result of familiarity with the zones which are more often laid out in an “easy” manner, and due to the fact that apparently humans are the race most often rolled.)

Good luck and hope you enjoy the game!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Yes, the overwhelming majority of players roll Human. Good thing is you can get to the Human 1-15 area fairly easily by:

1) Enter the Asura portal to Lion’s Arch (it’s in The Grove – the sylvari capital)
2) In LA take the Asura portal to Divinity’s Reach (human capital)
3) Walk out the front door of Divinity’s Reach and voila! You are in Queensdale.

goldenwing.8473

Karizee, thank you for posting directions, I failed to say how to get there. <smackhead>

One of the other ways to get to other race’s zones is to click on the Heart of the Mist PvP icon on the upper left of your screen (it’s the crossed swords).

This will take you into the Heart of the Mist lobby. If you move straight forward, you should see the purple Asura gate that also takes you to Lion’s Arch. From there, you will need to move to the area in Lion’s Arch where all the asura portals are, then follow steps 2 and 3 above.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Oxstar.7643

Why are so many rolling humans? There’s enough humans around me irl and a lot of them are jerks. Ain’t the point of games to be something you can’t be irl?

Posted by: Mordule Standish.2371

Mordule Standish.2371

Also you can use the Asura gate (the pink dot on the map) in the Grove to go to Lions Arch then use the one that leads to Divinity’s Reach. You will find Queensdale outside the city. Good luck and welcome.

Prepare to don the behind hat – Zojja

goldenwing.8473

The point of games are to have fun.

If people enjoy playing humans, why not?

(And actually there have been psychological studies over the last 10 years as to why players roll the races they do in games. Some theories contend that players often pick the race that they most identify with – whether it’s perceived characteristics/qualities/quirks or looks.)

Oxstar.7643

Fair enough. Durrrr 15 char limit

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

and if your not seeing enough people you can gest over to another severs ((for free)) and see if there’s more players there. Tarnished Cost ison of the most packed PVE servers that i know of.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Last time I saw a survey sylvari was the least played race. I’m not sure why, although I suspect the fact that they weren’t in GW1 was a factor. (This was shortly after launch so a very high percentage of players had played GW1.)

But you’ll also find more people as you move into higher level areas. On my server even the upper half of the sylvari starting area is noticably busier than the area right around The Grove.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: GodAmongUs.9713

GodAmongUs.9713

Hi. first of all thanks! I’m playing at a server called Dragonbrand. Is it a good pve server?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Another reason to leave the sylvari areas is that they are quite a bit harder.

Krait were tough enough before, with some events basically impossible to do.. like kill the krait witch that is attacking the froggy village…

Since my character’s sylvari youth the krait have been buffed… I shudder to think about what their events could be like now.

Humans have it much easier. Norn too, and if you check out guildwarstemple.com you can do the Frozen Maw event for easy exp and money.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter's_Lake

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Humans > Norn > Charr > Sylvari, talking about low-level zone population.

I don’t know Dragonbrand, but it might be a good idea to transfer to a high pop / full server like Desolation (EU), if you don’t mind spending some dough.

Maybe look around for a good leveling guild too, if you’re so inclined.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.