Am I the only one that lost the excitement ??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: smashgodlight.6584

smashgodlight.6584

So here I am getting ready to get punched for different kinds of opinions that people have !Spending almost 4 years now in the game leveled up a lot of characters craft up some cool armors some cool legendaries but it seems that the excitement that I had to the beginning it’s gone ! To be honest I really loved the HoT and some times I still play on some of these maps but I feel like is useless when you have full slots 80 lvl with legendaries armors and even if you play PvP or WvW it still is kind of useless because the time that you are spending it’s really not an effort to something !!

Now I can understand that almost every day new people coming in the game ! Playing the game and really be excited as I was because it was my first time too but now is like my 1000 time and it starts to get boring ! You might do some raids, fractals , dungeons or world bosses but the game it’s just that !! I don’t want to consider the WvW or the PvP because the only reason I would it’s if you would really want to fast lvl up a character . I think changing a bit of the style adding more things to the game that would be more excited like new weapon skins armor skins and things that will make you feel like !

" You know I will play that and get reward from that because I really need that kind of thing "

It’s sad because when you play an event or a boss event the 80% or even the 90% of the reward that you will be given it’s just fine or masterwork stuff. There are not really things that you will use except of salvaging them ! Adding more shiny things in boss fights or other things in game as I mentioned before would be really great and would change the whole game ! I mean I might have some legendaries but to be honest I didn’t crafted them because of the stats it’s because of the skin !

If I wanted a weapons with that kind of stats I could be crafting an ascended and not spending that time on a legendary !! My idea is adding more weapons and even armor skins that would be possible to be dropped from bosses or from some locations but not like the HoT maps tried to do ! No these are armor skins with stats what I am sayings is armor skins and weapon skins without stats.

Also would be great to make them account bound so you won’t be able to sell it ! How ever we really don’t need that useless high price that the armors at the Ember bay have !!! So that is what I think the game needs to get that excitement back ! More shiny things that will effort the tie that you spend in the game ! I know that that’s my personal opinion but there are a lot of bright ideas out there that it would be great from Anet to see some ideas that people have and maybe do something close to it in-game !!

(edited by smashgodlight.6584)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d recommend splitting this into a few paragraphs; it’ll make it much easier to read, which means people will be more likely to read it.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

To answer your title. No ofc not.

I myself play much less GW2 and more Soloplayer games now and I have played GW2 almost everyday since release. Most things get’s boring after a while, even if it is the best thing in the world. That’s why you have to take a break from it now and then.

Also one thing that has kept me playing GW2 for so long is that I havent set any goal to aquire anything. I play for fun and if the thing isn’t fun I don’t do it. In GW2 this method is realy perfect as there is so much to do and so little stuff that you “have” to do.

The flaw with your idéa for weapons is that it would go from GW2 principle. Atleast I think so. There are already Raids/Fractals that keep some of us players away from some stuff in the game. By adding specific drops from specific bosses just adds more obstacles for players who does not like that specific content or is just not good at that specific content, I think that is why we have these collectors on the new maps who you can trade unboundmagic/petrified logs and whatever to aquire a specific content. Instead of having one way of aquire the content you have multiple ways to aquire that content.

I like that better becouse I usually gets bored very easy if I have to farm one boss for example. I rather do 20 different events than doing the same event 10 times.

Though I think you are right that more shinies will make the game more interesting, why not add more precursor like weapons and gear as drops from all enemies and make these drops ABoA, Maby a little less rare than precursors (I still havent found one single precursor).

Also add more open world dungeons (Mini Dungeons) that has an extra chance of spawning these shinies I talked about.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I still play every day more or less, just not for as long as I used to

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

After 4 years of steady, almost every day playing no, I’m not launch time excited. It’s still a good game though. New content is quickly checked out and holidays are looked forward to. Can’t ask for more than that.

As for your statless gear suggestion, no one knows if that would be faster or not. Depends if the stats are what slows down production and only ANet can answer that. That suggestion alone might be a good topic for a thread though.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: XunlaiSpy.9384

XunlaiSpy.9384

I had already cut down to an hour for several months and cut down even further to logging in just for the daily login for the last few months.

I never put in the same amount of time nor got the same amount of enjoyment from GW2 as I did GW1.

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

What I noticed is that I’m never excited about any loot in this game, it is more likely “oh no, more crap to flood my inventory… aand no more salvage kits left…”

I think it is just the way GW does loot, everyone gets their own loot and the same enemy can be looted multiple times, meaning that everyone will just get some crappy masterwork items. You don’t even get to see anything exciting.

In some other mmos loot is shared in your party. This allows better drops, and even tho you don’t get the cool item that drops, at least you see someone get it and think “Oh man, what a cool drop, that could have been me, maybe next time”.

{Lepus Timidus}

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

you will never be excited about any game you have played for years, however great games keep you coming back, and what mmorpg offer in particular is that feeling of continuity and being part of a virtual world. this is why expansions are so important imo as they do offer a big enough change that things become exciting, new zones, fundamental changes in game play without starting again, more choice, new things to learn.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Except for launches of content, initial, new or upgraded, I find I play longer each day, as there are more and more ‘Daily’ things offered. Though, some do fall by the wayside, after some time (such as the Bandit dailies.)

I can’t say I’ve lost overall excitement, but, of course, launch (either game, expansion, new map, etc.) excitement wanes.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

No, not at all. But I do not get burned out on ANY game. I do have a lot of Yin-Yang in my life. I have only black furniture – a black chesterfield sofa, black carpets, my clothes, TV racks, even my alarm clock is black. But all white floor, walls and ceiling. Do I get tired of the colour black? No not all. Even my both Asura are black and white. Because they balance out each other. I do use Davidoff Cool Water as main Eu de Toilette. But once in a while I switch it with Hot Water. After having a good Chili I want a Vanilla desert. And when I play GW2, I add in some FPS games, MOBA, no gaming at all for one or two days.

I had never been sitting there questioning if I am tired of a game or lost the excitement. There are several categories of games and I put one game in each slot. When I do not feel of MMOing today, but want to create something, I boot up Cities Skylines. When I am done, I feel like: “Man, some 3rd person real-time fighting action with my very own character would be awesome tomorrow” and there I am back at GW2. Then I want to shoot a bit and drive, I go GTAV.

Long story short: When I am rotating my games, I see the weaknesses of the other games and also the highlights. GW2 is a massive game that stands out positively of the few, but well-chosen games from the 1,000s of games on the market. I am here because I know it’s awesome, and it will stay awesome. I have no guild, I am a Lone Wolf, but I enjoy it so much, my flame for the game is basically self-igniting because I play Game A and the want to play game B grows. It’s really Yin-Yang balance. And for me it works.

I’ve been tired of FF14 though, that game turned me off. It was just Yin-Yin-Yin all day, without any Yang. GW2 offers so much for so many directions, it has a built-in Yin-Yang.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

You don’t want to try new things like wvw or pvp, and yet you are complaining about things being boring because they are too repetitive…really? Try something new or take a break…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Game doesn’t ask anything like sub etc so if i burn in i just take a break.
Still my best game.
Login in every day….

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

You don’t want to try new things like wvw or pvp, and yet you are complaining about things being boring because they are too repetitive…really? Try something new or take a break…

but isn’t pvp and wvw just the same ol maps repeated over and over again… run to A, smash buttons, run to B, smash buttons, run to C, smash buttons, run back to A, smash buttons… while the concepts of pvp and wvw are cool, the boring repetitiveness of capturing the same 4-5 points for years on end is just not that appealing. Even roaming wild loses its appeal after you dominate it day in and day out… my vote is for the break… I take them every couple of months or so.

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

You would be correct about after playing for 4yrs. There is a song for that.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

You would be correct about after playing for 4yrs. There is a song for that.

Still rather play 4years of WvW than the rest of the game…. and WvW suffers form alot of issues…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not as excited with my wife after 14 years of marriage as I was when I first met her, but I’m still going to keep her around, because she’s a pretty good match for me. I feel the same way about Guild Wars 2. There’s no better MMO on the planet for me personally.

Sure the shine wears off, but I still love going into new zones and exploring. I’m doing more farming and less of the stuff I used to like because I’ve done everything, but that’s to be expected.

The thing is, and I’ve said this all along, this is a game of trickles. If you want to make money, make a legendary and sell it, and you won’t have to worry about the blues and greens. But the blues and greens add up over time, and the mats you get from them is money.

You get that stuff from almost everything. It’s true you don’t often get that “big drop”. But I don’t know that one drop worth 10 gold is better than 100 drops worth 10 gold if you get them in the same time frame.

It’s all a grand illusion.

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

How long will it take for them to add new elite specialization? Does it have to be on another expansion? I ask because game kinda feels repetitive and no longer exciting

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe most expect Elite Specializations to only come with expansions.

Still, no one really knows.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I think I’d be a lot more bored of any other game if I’d played it for 9993hours.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

I must say that, personally, I love GW2 because it gets me bored sometimes.

Think of it kind of like a relationship (of sorts, not necessarily a romance). When you start you’re all fired up and passionate; you want to spend every waking hour [playing the game] and can never get enough of it. However, a time comes when finally that first flame starts to fade out, and you start to see things going wrong (that were always there but you notice them now) and start to get a feeling of “every day is exactly the same”. Then you come to the conflict that you don’t want to stop playing, but since you’re just not into it anymore, you simply stop.

Then, in my case at least, after I stop for weeks or even several months (I stopped playing during the whole of S2 to be honest), something comes out and I’m suddenly pumped up again, then I hook up (or log on, the analogy is getting mixed up here!) and spend some more time playing the game. When I do that, I know I’ll get bored again (I stopped for a month after LW3 was first out, because I farmed rubies so fast that ran out of things to collect), but I also know I can get back anytime with no penalties, unlike in WoW where it was social/gear suicide to leave even if for a couple weeks.

TL;DR: This game is a long term relationship, learn to go through its downs and you’ll be rewarded during the ups.