Am I the only one who thinks the MK shield...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Looks better than some of the legendary weapons out there? (MK = mad king)

First time I saw bifrost… it was glowing slightly in the day and the person was leaving behind footprints (not clear on bright areas), attacking mobs with some white light and then it finally hit me. So that’s the staff legendary. I thought, after watching him for 30 seconds.

First time I saw dreamer, well it took me over 1 minute to realize there seemed to be some rainbow ammunition, and I realized there was a legendary weapon. Except I don’t recall that it left footprints of any kind, and if the person didn’t fire his weapon, I would have never saw it was legendary. Also the rainbow ammunition doesn’t leave a trail like ammunition, it feels like some 10 year old kid drew a rainbow star with rectangles behind them. That is the main reason why I thought it was subpar, but then again shortbow seems to be mostly shafted.

Incinerator? I know for a fact that the weapon has no model to speak off. It turns off if you aren’t doing anything and no one will ever notice your weapon. It does have footsteps, but the texture of the fire looks like something from 4-5 years ago. The weapon skin in combat itself is barely passable. It doesn’t distinguish itself from combat however, if you fight in a WvW zerg, you couldn’t even see any difference from fire spells.

Dawn and dusk, you know the drill. Instantly recognizable, because the entire thing is so visibly visible. The Colossus changes your armor to metallic, some changes in weapon animation, making them the top 3 legendary weapons in terms of graphic design.

Finally, when I saw the mad king’s shield… well I have no idea what to say. I was shocked that a weapon skin that came from a chest looking better than some of the legendary weapons. It took players hundreds of hours along with hundreds of gold, and in the end, it couldn’t compare with the badcat shield. Black smoke particles along with a fiery grin. When the person took it out with the mad memories backpack on him…

Well, anyways. Do you think the MK shield looks better than the legendary weapons?

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

the rainbow bow is hilarious!

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The main issue here is real estate. Greatswords and hammers are both very large weapons, and it’s easier to create elaborate designs for them. Yes, I know these legendary weapons stand out in other ways like changing your character’s armor.

It’s much harder to make a small weapon like the Incinerator stand out. Though I agree that some of the less noticeable legendary weapons need to be tweaked. Speaking of which, Kudzu needs to get a fancy arrow animation for barrage. Currently, using barrage with Kudzu looks the same as with any other bow.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Rhane.2476

Rhane.2476

“It’s much harder to make a small weapon like the Incinerator stand out. "

Therefore lets make them invisible !

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

I actually dislike the designs of most of the legendaries.

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Actually, there are already many mystic forge equipments that looks better than the legendary. Despite it not being the best looking, many players will still stop to look at players who have the legendary weapons. The legendary skins are only achievable by extremely few people with the huge requirements.

I find the halloween shield to be very cool and awesome too. Imo, it’s the best shield skin in the game. It’s the only truely black shield in GW2 too. They made a good job on the shield. Besides the shield, I like the great chainsaw too. Other halloween skins doesn’t seems to stand out. Seasonal exclusive equipments are bound to be close to extinction. Each of them can even be rarer than legendary weapons in 1-2 years time. Thus, they should make all future seasonal equipments to have certain glow or animation.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The greatsword favoritism still pisses me off. >=[

If only they could put that much effort into the rest of the weapons. Daggers are a good example of the most screwed.

You can argue “real estate” but most daggers are still so generic looking.

I’m usually annoyed with how many lame Staves there are, look at the Golden or Molten staves, great examples. Just a stick with a hood ornament.

Hell the Greatsaw skin looks like a friggin mini-legendary, all it’s missing is the sound effect.