Am i wrong for playing zerk on...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

my guardian?

I joined a group for CoE, and after we got wiped on the golems because people were not stacking the guy asked if the guardians, me and the other one, were using heal/defensive gear. I said i was using zerker and he said:

“LOL, why you using zerk gear on a guardian? Guardians need to use mace/shield and defensive/healing gear, you need to GUARD, GUARDian, get it?”

Wth, is zerk gear on guardian useless? Because of the healing/defensive type and abilities of the class? Or the guy was just a moron?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Oh look, another zerk gear thread.

No, zerk gear is not useless on a guardian at all, and you don’t need heals at the golem stacking if you’re doing 1-4.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

I run zerker gear on my guardian almost exclusively. It works fine.

Guardians have enough “defensive” or “supportive” weapon and utility skills to be of benefit to your party no matter what gear stats you wear. Don’t believe me? Wear full zerker gear and equip a hammer. That alone will do a TON for you and your party. And that’s just one option available to you. The beauty of the guardian profession is that it brings a lot of good defensive and supportive benefit to the party, while still dishing out good dps.

I doubt the other player in your scenario was a moron, but it sounds like he didn’t understand the game very well.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Oh look, another zerk gear thread.

No, zerk gear is not useless on a guardian at all, and you don’t need heals at the golem stacking if you’re doing 1-4.

You see, i moved to zerk because i saw that more dmg is important to the team, also i was bored of not doing enough dmg. But, i kinda afraid that pure zerker could not be so effective on this class. But idk, i’m not very familiar with the game i think and i’m not smart with build and all, so, this is why i’m asking.

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

one war just needs to stand on the stairs and press 1 repeatedly….don’t see how that is your problem

Zerk guard sucks at CoE only when your party members don’t have enough dmg and then the fight takes too long. I have also zerk guard and no real trouble so far….

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

These threads are getting ridiculous, yes guy was a moron….

Next time u pug, just don’t wear any gear, then you can’t be criticized for your gear choice.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Like I said, zerker is fine. If you’re worried about taking damage, just stick your utility bar with defensive skills (and this isn’t even inefficient, it’s actually good since so few abilities are good for encounters sometimes I just look at my bar and wonder wtf do I stick in my third slot so I had to experiment).

That guy telling you to use mace/shield is just plain bad though, mace is awful and shield is extremely niche. Greatsword and Sword+Focus should be fine for you for maximum dps (use the focus 5 as a burst ability by the way, not a defensive one)

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj