Amalgamated Gemstone

Amalgamated Gemstone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tattoolady.1934

Tattoolady.1934

They get more and more expensive…

Please do something about it.

When all new legendarys are out more people will need them. At the moment you pay around 700 gold for 250 of them.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

It looks like you could save a fair bit by just ordering the cheapest orbs/doubloons and dust off the trading post. Using gold doubloons puts the price at a little over 2 gold a piece, assuming you haven’t got any of the materials lying around.

To save a bit more, you could buy crystals and upgrade them to orbs with a jeweller.

I agree it’s crazy expensive though…

(edited by Tachi.7361)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Nothing will be done, this is the gold sink Anet envision back in 2012 when they created a Legendary weapons, but after a while T6 mats and most of the Lodestone became cheaper, Amalgamated is the perfect gold sink to make many players break down and buy Gems, trade for gold…

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you make more money if you are a farmer(miner) now at least.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

This is the last thing I need to grind for.

It’s need 2250 orbs or crests to get a stack of it .

This is the point where I think it’s going too far.

After I finish Nevermore. I can’t bring myself to do other HoT legendary if Anet not do something about this.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I am glad I did this first because I sort of expected a price increase, especially after the removal of orbs from flax seeds.

Dust is also getting more expensive. Crafting orbs is no longer profitable.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I always got a ton of orbs when doing the orichalcum ore and ancient wood log farm in Orr, SSC, and FGS.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

It’s ridiculous how Gift of Maguuma mastery is harder AND WAY more expensive than Mystic Tribute.

I thought Mystic Tribute was to be the most expensive gift since Gift of Fortune is the most expensive gift from old legendary.

Actually, Mystic Tribute cost ~656 golds while Gift of Maguuma mastery cost ~842 (and count all the effort to get it).

I think there are a problem when a simple gift cost almost the same price than a precursor…

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

It’s ridiculous how Gift of Maguuma mastery is harder AND WAY more expensive than Mystic Tribute.

I thought Mystic Tribute was to be the most expensive gift since Gift of Fortune is the most expensive gift from old legendary.

Actually, Mystic Tribute cost ~656 golds while Gift of Maguuma mastery cost ~842 (and count all the effort to get it).

I think there are a problem when a simple gift cost almost the same price than a precursor…

Gift of Fortune used to be over 1K gold. This isn’t anything new.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Gift of Fortune used to be over 1K gold. This isn’t anything new.

You didn’t see my point and Gift of Fortune price isn’t 1k gold anyway. it’s around 739 gold. Don’t know where you see over 1k.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

Ayrilana isn’t saying it IS 1k gold, they’re saying it USED TO be 1k gold. Basically saying that when old legendaries were new and shiny, they were crazy expensive too. Not that they’re cheap now, just not as expensive as the new ones.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Ayrilana isn’t saying it IS 1k gold, they’re saying it USED TO be 1k gold. Basically saying that when old legendaries were new and shiny, they were crazy expensive too. Not that they’re cheap now, just not as expensive as the new ones.

Okay, but it’s pretty wrong in fact. Before, precursors was at 300-400 golds (only greatsword was at this price) Gift of fortune was way cheaper since the economy wasn’t the same.

You can’t really compare three years ago with what we have nowadays.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

Okay, but it’s pretty wrong in fact. Before, precursors was at 300-400 golds (only greatsword was at this price) Gift of fortune was way cheaper since the economy wasn’t the same.

Source : http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29180, the first price of the legend was 70 golds.

No. They were 1K back in 2014. Precursors were just as expensive.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Source : http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/29180, the first price of the legend was 70 golds.

Old legendary is : one weapon gift that cost ~400 golds. A gift of mastery that cost nothing. And the gift of fortune that cost 750 golds. Even if Gift of fortune would cost 1000 gold, it’s still nothing contrary to what we get with the new gifts.

Anyway, if ever Gift of Fortune would cost 1000 golds, Mystic tribute will be at ~850 golds since you still need 200 from each t6 mats.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

HoT legendaries are still relatively rare so anyone who wants the new shiny is going to pay the new shiny price. Give them time and these prices will drop as demand goes down.

I just feel bad for the people who have forked out the coin for everything but still can’t finish because of bugged collections

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

You still don’t see my point.

Old legendary is : one weapon gift that cost ~400 golds. A gift of mastery that cost nothing. And the gift of fortune that cost 750 golds. Even if Gift of fortune would cost 1000 gold, it’s still nothing contrary to what we get with the new gifts. Anyway, if ever Gift of Fortune would cost 1000 golds, Mystic tribute will be at ~850 golds since you still need 200 from each t6 mats.

No. This was your point.

You’re complaining about how now a single gift costs almost as much as a precursor when it had been like that before.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Old legendary is : one weapon gift that cost ~400 golds. A gift of mastery that cost nothing. And the gift of fortune that cost 750 golds. Even if Gift of fortune would cost 1000 gold, it’s still nothing contrary to what we get with the new gifts. Anyway, if ever Gift of Fortune would cost 1000 golds, Mystic tribute will be at ~850 golds since you still need 200 from each t6 mats.

No. This was your point.

You’re complaining about how now a single gift costs almost as much as a precursor when it had been like that before.

Yeah but no. It’s fine for the old legendary since the Gift of mastery cost nothing. Now, we have two expensive gifts and one way more expensive than the gift of fortune, while the other is almost at the same price. You still don’t see my point again?

The two gifts should be at Gift of fortune price in my opinion. The effort to get Gift of magumma mastery is enough, no need to add more golds to the journey.

This is my “complain” even if I actually doing one of the new legendary.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

No. This was your point.

Yeah but no. It’s fine for the old legendary since the Gift of mastery cost nothing. Now, we have two expensive gifts and one way more expensive than the gift of fortune, while the other is almost at the same price. You still don’t see my point again?

The two gifts should be at Gift of fortune price in my opinion. The effort to get Gift of magumma mastery is enough, no need to add more golds to the journey. But this is my opinion.

You’re changing your argument. You were complaining about how a single gift cost as much as a precursor. Now you changed it to be the combination of all of the gifts combined.

My point still stands that the Gift of Fortune used to cost over 1K which was equal to if not more than most precursors. If you include the other gift, like you’re doing now, then it easily surpassed all precursor prices except for perhaps dusk.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

No. This was your point.

The two gifts should be at Gift of fortune price in my opinion. The effort to get Gift of magumma mastery is enough, no need to add more golds to the journey. But this is my opinion.

You’re changing your argument. You were complaining about how a single gift cost as much as a precursor. Now you changed it to be the combination of all of the gifts combined.

My point still stands that the Gift of Fortune used to cost over 1K which was equal to if not more than most precursors. If you include the other gift, like you’re doing now, then it easily surpassed all precursor prices except for perhaps dusk.

I don’t change anything. My point was just vague and not developed enough. The cost of a single gift that is almost the same as the precursor price shouldn’t happen for the new legendary in this case.
You only need 2/3 of all golds from new legendary for doing the old one. The problem is the gift of maguuma mastery should stay with account bound collectable mats. Don’t know why they added Amalgamated Gemstone. This has nothing to do with maguuma, or I just don’t get it. You still need 250 obsidian shards for doing the crystalline ingots.

While you have to farm tokens, t7 mats in the new maps, map completion, obsidian shards and ectoplasm, you have to farm for the amalgamated gemstone too, these things that have nothing to do with maguuma. Hmmm okay then, why not. I guess it’s the price for the new legendary.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t change anything. My point was just vague and not developed enough. The cost of a single gift that is almost the same as the precursor price shouldn’t happen for the new legendary in this case.

It did previously. What is your basis as to why it should not?

You only need 2/3 of all golds from new legendary for doing the old one. The problem is the gift of maguuma mastery should stay with account bound collectable mats. Don’t know why they added Amalgamated Gemstone. This has nothing to do with maguuma, or I just don’t get it.

It does. Crystalline Ore is a currency from DS. Amalgamated Gemstones are used to refine it into ingots. Those ingots are an account bound mat.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

It did previously. What is your basis as to why it should not?

You only need 2/3 of all golds from new legendary for doing the old one. The problem is the gift of maguuma mastery should stay with account bound collectable mats. Don’t know why they added Amalgamated Gemstone. This has nothing to do with maguuma, or I just don’t get it.

It does. Crystalline Ore is a currency from DS. Amalgamated Gemstones are used to refine it into ingots. Those ingots are an account bound mat.

Amalgamated gemstone are not. You can sell them.

Amalgamated gemstone should be a thing you get like other t7 mats in my opinion. If I remember right, Gift of mastery is a gift you get only by exploration, you don’t need to use any golds and you can’t sell anything.
The other issue with amalgamated gemstone are that you need it for precursor crafting. That’s why I don’t think the price will drop anytime soon.

I know legendary are expensive, but I don’t know if the new legendary are intented to be more expensive than the old one. Maybe it’s because those are new and a lot of players are working for them.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

Amalgamated gemstone are not. You can sell them.

Amalgamated gemstone should be a thing you get like other t7 mats in my opinion. If I remember right, Gift of mastery is a gift you get only by exploration, you don’t need to use any golds and you can’t sell anything.

And? They only have 3 uses with one being to refine Crystalline Ore into Crystalline Ingots. Those ingots are then used solely for forging the Maguuma Mastery. There’s no need for Anet to follow the exact same formulas with the Maguuma legendary weapons.

The other issue with amalgamated gemstone are that you need it for precursor crafting. That’s why I don’t think the price will drop anytime soon.

You mean legendary crafting. They are not used for precursor crafting. Well I guess one ingot is technically used for that jar. But that’s just one.

I know legendary are expensive, but I don’t know if the new legendary are intented to be more expensive than the old one. Maybe it’s because those are new and a lot of players are working for them.

They’re roughly 2K gold which is more or less how much the old set cost.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

They’re roughly 2K gold which is more or sell how much the old set cost.

Bifrost is actually 1945 golds to craft. (if you only craft and not directly buy craftable things to the tp)

Nevermore is 2638 golds to craft. (if you only craft and not directly buy craftable things to the tp)

Frostfang is 1512 golds to craft. (same)

Astralaria is 2628 golds to craft. (same)

They are definitely more expensive.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

Bifrost is actually 1945 golds to craft. (if you only craft and not directly buy craftable things to the tp)

Nevermore is 2638 golds to craft. (if you only craft and not directly buy craftable things to the tp)

Bolded the part you missed.

Nevermore is 2,394G. Astralaria is 2,345G. HOPE is 2,337G.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

1100 golds difference is “roughly” for you? I hope not. ^^

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Don’t know what is your source but this is mine : https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/71383-Nevermore

Really detailed but sometimes need some page refreshing.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You’re still missing the point that others are trying to make: before HoT was announced, the old legendaries were just as expensive (in total costs) as the new ones are today.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

The new legendary weapons are in high demand so you need to match them with the older legendary weapons that also have similar demand. Prices are also different now.

Here’s what they looked like just a little over a year ago around 12/19/14.

Attachments:

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

You’re still missing the point that others are trying to make: before HoT was announced, the old legendaries were just as expensive (in total costs) as the new ones are today.

But before HoT you couldn’t craft any precursor, and now that you can craft them, you can compare their price with accuracy. And the new legendary are still more expensive to craft.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Now compare that 2,394G to the average 4,000-5,000 Eternity, or Twilight or some other old legendaries. I agree its crazy expensive but the numbers speak for themselves. I personally never made any legendaries before and never intended to either before.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

Now compare that 2,394G to the average 4,000-5,000 Eternity, or Twilight or some other old legendaries. I agree its crazy expensive but the numbers speak for themselves. I personally never made any legendaries before and never intended to either before.

Eternity is not craftable, it’s a combination with Twilight and Sunrise in the mystic forge. The price is fair then, I think.

Twilight is actually 1771 golds to craft. The 3k is the direct TP price without crafting. But if you craft all the things just buying mats, it’s way cheaper.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Ayrilana.1396

But before HoT you couldn’t craft any precursor, and now that you can craft them, you can compare their price with accuracy. And the new legendary are still more expensive to craft.

You can’t because they broke the crafting of old precursors into buckets to preserve the prices that they were at around that time. Crafting dusk isn’t the same as crafting rage. The prices of the older precursors were also determined by supply/demand and many of the two-handed weapons (e.g. colossus, dusk, dawn, legend) were very popular.

Anyway, we’ve drifted a little from the amalgamated gemstones. They’re part of the new design for the Maguuma legendaries. That design does not need to mirror the core Tyria legendaries.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

You can’t because they broke the crafting of old precursors into buckets to preserve the prices that they were at around that time. Crafting dusk isn’t the same as crafting rage. The prices of the older precursors were also determined by supply/demand and many of the two-handed weapons (e.g. colossus, dusk, dawn, legend) were very popular.

Even if it’s popular the craft is cheap than directly buy the thing to the tp.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/30704-Twilight

Twilight precursor crafting is still at 1200 golds. Seems pretty fair. It’s at 1771 golds at total crafting price and at 3200 golds at direct price. People are too lazy or just want it fast and don’t want to craft all the mats/do the collection, but in fact the cost is cheap.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I agree that the number of orbs needed is jaw-dropping. At the same time, it wouldn’t be fair to the players who have crafted Nevermore already especially since the recipe was only just released recently. Makes you wonder if you should craft something similar if the requirements would be suddenly changed the day after you crafted it without any compensation. Also, the price increase could be due to people selling off their old legendaries to get mats to craft the new legendaries. I’m going to be a kitten here:

Please just stop it!
in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Posted by: Tattoolady.1934
Sorry, but I rly can’t see all that “A-Net destroys our poor life” etc anymore.
Its sooo easy:
Buy it or don’t buy it.
This is just a game.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I made them just with buy orders with the cheapest options. It’s still expensive though and it takes time, and it is a clickfest (one new feature: let us mystic forge recipes queue like crafting recipes).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Just increase orb and dust drop rate and be done with it.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

No need to change anything. the gemstones have a cap on price because it will become profitable to upconvert lower level jewels into orbs. Once the T5 jewels go above vendor price then it will be profitable to upconvert T4 to T5 to T6… etc, etc, all the way to T1.

Having this 1 item needed in large quantities is bringing the price of over 50 items that have sat at vendor value for 3 years to actually have value. This is exactly the sort of thing we WANT to happen. People have tons of these items sitting in their bank because they weren’t worth doing anything with before.

Orbs may be running low on supply however the price/supply of crystals hasn’t even started to move yet.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Khyan.7039

I’m at 215 amalgamated gemstone, total price was around 530 golds. outch.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

But before HoT you couldn’t craft any precursor, and now that you can craft them, you can compare their price with accuracy.

Before HoT, you could buy the precursor and so you could always compare prices with accuracy.

And the new legendary are still more expensive to craft.

More expensive than what? There are only three new legendaries and they are similarly expensive to each other. They are also similarly expensive to craft as the old legendaries were in their heyday.

New shinies are always more expensive than old ones. (Except when the supply drops to zero, which never happens with legendaries, since everyone can craft at least one.)

tl;dr the new legendaries aren’t notably different in costs to what the old ones were.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

you make more money if you are a farmer(miner) now at least.

Sucker’s game. Easier to get orbs by gardening.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

No need to change anything. the gemstones have a cap on price because it will become profitable to upconvert lower level jewels into orbs. Once the T5 jewels go above vendor price then it will be profitable to upconvert T4 to T5 to T6… etc, etc, all the way to T1.

Having this 1 item needed in large quantities is bringing the price of over 50 items that have sat at vendor value for 3 years to actually have value. This is exactly the sort of thing we WANT to happen. People have tons of these items sitting in their bank because they weren’t worth doing anything with before.

Orbs may be running low on supply however the price/supply of crystals hasn’t even started to move yet.

Mmm need to drag more people into AB where there seems to be a plentiful amount of ori nodes.

Amalgamated Gemstone

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The guild workshop and arena upgrades are also gobbling up the orbs as well.