Amazing. Dont listen to nay sayers and gloom bandits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

This game is incredible. Ive noticed a few extra threads lately about the game being doomed and not meeting expectations etc..

Well, to be quite honest with you this game is doing exceptionaly well! Especially for a F2P model.. Im so impressed with the game I was also very worried because I was wondering how Anet make any money… I mean, ive spent some cash but not alot and I kinda feel they deserve more money… When i first started playing my first thought was wow… They could charge a subscription for this game!

So I say to you guys, dont listen to the gloom bandits and nay sayers as you get them in every forum. Sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are wrong.. In this case they are very wrong and are just trying to dmg the morale of the playerbase..

The servers are full of people at prime time. The dungeons are always easy to get groups for.

The one thing I will say on the critisism side is that I would have preferred slighty longer levelling. Endgame they say is throughout the game.. So why not make the levels twice as much xp as they are right now?

Keep up the good morale this is an amazing game arenanet.. You have worlked hard and im very impressed!! Playerbase, Dont worry this game will be around for a very long time

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

If people don’t point out the bad things that exist in a game, then no advance in programming or game design can ever be made.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

If people don’t point out the bad things that exist in a game, then no advance in programming or game design can ever be made.

I agree, problem with that is that most things are subjective. Some people like myself love what GW2 did with its endgame, essentially taking an approach similar to a sandbox where you have the whole world to play with.

Others however find that bad since to them it doesnt provide enough incentive to play.

So fixing the issue complained about by people who dont like the current end-game would be ruining the game for people who love it!

its not that clear cut!

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

I agree, problem with that is that most things are subjective. Some people like myself love what GW2 did with its endgame, essentially taking an approach similar to a sandbox where you have the whole world to play with.

Care to explain how you have “the whole world” to play with?
Downscaling isn’t new and with the high waypoint and repair cost at lvl 80 you are kittening yourself when you go back to low level content you already did because the lvl 80 content is boring.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

If you think the negative posts are bad, you should have seen them a week ago. They’re starting to slow down, I think. Also, I will point out that GW2 is B2P not F2P, which may not sound like a difference that matters, but it does.

Anyway, to contribute: I agree with you. Despite all the naysayers predicting doom, I have never had any issues with finding a ton of people online every time I play. Very rarely do I find an event where I’m the only one involved (and if I am, it doesn’t last long, as several players will usually come along and join in).

Some complaints are legitimate and I think they should be voiced. Some are not. Everything is a work in progress, naturally.

What gets me is when the complaints go on and on and on. For example, I get that a lot people have issues with DR (I don’t, and in regular play, haven’t encountered it at all), so it’s probably a legitimate complaint. However, that does not mean that we needed 7,000 threads about it, nor did we need these people to come into threads not even related to the subject just to spill their poison all over everything. A couple of threads probably would have sufficed.

At any rate, I think the game has a long healthy life ahead of it. The naysayers and haters will eventually move on to hate on something else, which is fine with me.

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

Constructive criticism is good, but many of the recent threads and posts aren’t the least bit constructive, not even civil and make unwarranted accusations. Unfortunately, this is something that happens on every MMO forum after a while, so it’s probably best to just filter out the noise.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Your idea of a bad thing, is not necessarily everyone’s idea of a bad thing.

Downscaling isn’t new and with the high waypoint and repair cost at lvl 80 you are kittening yourself when you go back to low level content you already did because the lvl 80 content is boring.

Waypoint costs aren’t even that bad.

Since 80, and doing 100% pve map completion I go out and kill things or farm nodes.

For a couple hours of casual play, I make between 4-5 gold before I head back to L.A. via WvW port. I make way more money than I lose via teleports.. and I use them often when I’m in a zone.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

This is a good game, but it’s designed around one thing…..sucking gold so you buy gems for real world money. That’s why bots and gold selling is so desirable in this game.

Guild Wars 2 has a very great potential, but for it to withstand the test of time, I believe there are going to have to be a lot of improvements/adjustments and mentality adjustments for Anet. Before someone says that Anet made this game to make money, there’s a difference between pricking your finger and opening an artery.

Agree that most things are very objective, but constructive criticism is a very healthy thing. Of course, this is only my opinion.

Galen Grey.4709

Sure I will be happy to.

First thing first no one said, definitely not me that downscaling is new, does it really matter in the context of what you can do at end game or not?

Anyhow, so when I got to level 80 about 3 weeks ago I had finished exactly 5 Zones (well actually I was mid way in my 5th zone) (by finished I mean not simply getting 100% zone completion but experiencing all the dynamic events and exploring all areas not just Points of interest. I extimated that at my current rate it would take me about an extra 300 – 350 hours just to do all zones once!

beyond that I want to get my Legendary weapon for my main for which you require stuff from nearly every part of the game. materials from teir 2 – tier 6, dungeon tokens, WvW badges etc..

Even if I dont care about legendaries there are armor skins you can aquire using gold and karma and you can get those once again from anywhere. Waypoint costs are really negligable, I very rarely use waypoints and cant really understand why people use them so much! you can travel to anywhere by cross at most 3 zones. Lions arch → Faction HQ → Fort Trinity. While playing a zone waypoints actually make you loose content as you find dynamic events by just walking around, talking to NPCs, exploration. Repair costs are also a Non issue as long as you know what you’re doing you dont die that much!

Actually to be honest I wish downscaling was a bit harsher as it is its just a bit easy !

Posted by: Ravenblade.7685

Ravenblade.7685

I fully agree.

However a lot people have a varying definition of “pointing out”. One might say heralding the apocalypse is usually only one step away that is if they don’t just come to slam the game.

It’s fine to point out the flaws but if it’s written in antagonizing manner people usually find themselves between a rock and a hard place. They might agree to the sentiment but don’t like the way it is written so they go defensive. The end? “You’re clearly a fanboy.”

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

When I’m playing WvW I’m really playing LSD.

Galen Grey.4709

Sorry, but white knights aren’t helpful to game design.

I’ve seen countless threads in the suggestions area.. many of which are very well thought out and would improve GW2 greatly! ~

However, no one seems to care =/

They’re far more interested in telling other people they they’re playing GW2 “wrong” and/or expecting too much from it.

lol, imagine IF the Knights put half as much effort into making legit suggestions to improving GW2 as they do trolling the forums…

But then again, IF they did that.. they would just be trolled by other “fans/knights” or be completely ignored anyways..

#the vicious cycle ~

QFT

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps what you’re calling white knights are actually people who legitimately love the current design? Doesnt it make sense / should be that if they disagree with a suggest they voice their opinion?

Things suggestions are subjective! Some love a particular suggestion others think if that suggestion gets implemented it would destroy the game! And this is universal go in the forum of any game you want and you will see this !

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

*Sorry, but white knights aren’t helpful to game design.*

I’ve seen countless threads in the suggestions area.. many of which are very well thought out and would improve GW2 greatly! ~

They’re far more interested in telling other people they they’re playing GW2 “wrong” and/or expecting too much from it.

lol, imagine IF the Knights put half as much effort into making legit suggestions to improving GW2 as they do trolling the forums…

But then again, IF they did that.. they would just be trolled by other “fans/knights” or be completely ignored anyways..

#the vicious cycle ~

*QFT*

Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps what you’re calling white knights are actually people who legitimately love the current design? Doesnt it make sense / should be that if they disagree with a suggest they voice their opinion?

Things suggestions are subjective! Some love a particular suggestion others think if that suggestion gets implemented it would destroy the game! And this is universal go in the forum of any game you want and you will see this !

Honestly, you’re missing the point.. and ya know what? that’s like the 7th time I’ve had to say that in the past few hours...

Fact of the matter is that "knights/fanboys/trolls" aren’t interested in making the game "better" ~ they shun anyones opinion but their own and LOVE to tell others why they’re wrong.

In this, i’ve pointed out countless times.. yet none of you seem to care.

This "attaboy" topic does nothing for the longevity of GW2 and if anything, it only hurts the community by building walls of bias towards anyone with a critique/opinion.

My suggestion is to support the game, NOT by going to the forums and trolling.. but instead, going to the suggestions forums and offering up critiques of your own to other peoples ideas as well as pointing out features you "like" but could use a buff of some sort to make better.

Regardless.. I stick to the mindset that knights are just as toxic to a game, if not more so than trolls.

*IE: You can’t move forward, stuck in reverse.*

I’m also gonna start requesting these "attaboy" topics get merged with:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-love-this-game-Reasons-why-Merged

Same goes for any topic I find that talks trash about GW2 without offering up suggestions:: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Bored-by-the-game-Reasons-why-Merged

~ XF ~

Posted by: Gordunk.7289

Gordunk.7289

Calling a game a [Edit] , completely insulting end game activities because you don’t like them, saying things like “I can’t believe the developers thought this would work” or “This entire thing is just a scam to get people to spend money in the cash shop” are NOT constructive.

There is such a thing as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and a lot of what I see just isn’t that. It’s easy to complain about something. Hell, I hate the DR system, or the fact that the only efficient way to earn money seems to be AoE tagging defense events in Orr. These are issues that a majority of the community has acknowledged. However, I haven’t seen many people providing input as to how to fix these and more issues.

I, like most of the people here, want to see this game be successful and get even better than it already is. Rampant complaining on already acknowledged issues does not help. If you have ideas on how to make these things better, please go to the Suggestions forum and post them. A-Net has already shown they’re more than reasonable at listening to the community for obvious tweaks(such as discovering from the collectibles tab, and reporting from the mailbox). Keep up the feedback and A-Net will listen. But, keep it well thought out and constructive.

As for the fanboys, accept that the game is imperfect. I’ve been patiently awaiting this game since it was announced in PC Gamer, and I’ve followed every video, read every blog post, etc. The game is not perfect. There are GLARING flaws actually, not the least of which that a vast majority of content is not working as intended. Beyond the bugs, there are other issues that I’m not going to get into in this thread. Stop pretending that the game is perfect, and instead help the rest of us that want it to be better.

[Edited by the CC: Inappropriate language]

(edited by Moderator)

Renegadeimp.8439

Plenty of people have posted concise and very constructive criticism There are multiple threads all over the forums detailing the good and bad points of the game.

In every single thread, it is the “fanboy’s” as you call them, that derail the threads into full blown arguments.

If people call out the bad parts of the game and list possible resolutions and gain feedback on them, then the devs can look at that and adapt the game.

Remember, they are making the game for the players to play. It is in their best interests to design gameplay that EVERYONE likes and plays, otherwise the game will simply end up like all other MMO’s over the past couple of years, and NOBODY wants that to happen. This game has great potential, we just need to get the developers to see and realise that.

(edited by Renegadeimp.8439)

Galen Grey.4709

#the vicious cycle ~

QFT

Honestly, you’re missing the point.. and ya know what? that’s like the 7th time I’ve had to say that in the past few hours…

Fact of the matter is that “knights/fanboys/trolls” aren’t interested in making the game “better” ~ they shun anyones opinion but their own and LOVE to tell others why they’re wrong.

In this, i’ve pointed out countless times.. yet none of you seem to care.

This “attaboy” topic does nothing for the longevity of GW2 and if anything, it only hurts the community by building walls of bias towards anyone with a critique/opinion.

My suggestion is to support the game, NOT by going to the forums and trolling.. but instead, going to the suggestions forums and offering up critiques of your own to other peoples ideas as well as pointing out features you “like” but could use a buff of some sort to make better.

Regardless.. I stick to the mindset that knights are just as toxic to a game, if not more so than trolls.

I am not missing the point at all. I think you misunderstood what I said.

Lets say for the sake of argument you come up with a suggestion, say for the sake of argument raids. You love raids, you like the challenge and you like having a goal to work towards. Its definitely a valid suggestion and in your view would definitely make the game better.

Now lets say again for the sake of argument I don’t like raids because I think they just bar content behind repetition which I don’t like. So I reply to your suggestion that Raids are a bad idea.

So keeping that in mind is it fair to say that either you or me is not interested in making the game better? In your case, you’re trying to introduce something that you and countless other players like. In my case I trying to prevent the inclusion of what I view as damaging content!

On the other hand should you be considered a troll? am I to be classified a knight?

I dont think so! both sides should get equal chance to express their opinion. If people dont like an idea put forward they have right to put forward their arguments of why they like though !

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

Love this game! issues are easily overlooked,best mmorpg i’ve played

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Renegadeimp.8439

You havent hit 80 yet have you and seen the amount of content that is completely broken.

Levelling up is indeed fun, but once you hit max level, the issues stare you right in the face. One prime example of this is the endgame boss.

Ravenblade.7685

Plenty of people have posted concise and very constructive criticism There are multiple threads all over the forums detailing the good and bad points of the game.

In every single thread, it is the “fanboy’s” as you call them, that derail the threads into full blown arguments.

That’s one of the oldest chicken-or-the-egg arguments in the gaming scene the fact of the matter is you can’t nail it down to either because it depends on your bias. It’s usually a lack of self-moderation and unwillingness to see the other side’s angle.

Nobody debates fair criticisms least of them people who actually understand the difficulties of developing and maintaining an MMO. They actually know that criticism is required while slamming is not and there is a huge difference between both.

On the other hand what’s trash for one is treasure for the other. So you keep yourself asking how can someone possibly love such a broken design concept there must be a possible explanation for this! And there the wheat is usually separated from the chaff. Because that’s where a discussion either delves into a flamefest or a masterwork of a discourse once that possible explanation cannot be found at all. See below :p

You havent hit 80 yet have you and seen the amount of content that is completely broken.

Levelling up is indeed fun, but once you hit max level, the issues stare you right in the face. One prime example of this is the endgame boss.

He posted in another thread that he is level 80.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

Galen Grey.4709

@AlexanderFaust

Yes I certainly agree that debates are awesome and should be how things go! we’re 100% in agreement with that. in fact my whole point is the whole knight/troll should stay out of it cause once one side accuses the other or even thinks the other side is a knight/troll the debate dies.

And I would add another thing. Most things will not come to a resolution. building on your example I am sure some people will counter that the combat is fine and that thinking otherwise comes either from lack of expertize or too much zerging and that would be fine as long as its supported by some facts and examples.

AlexanderFaust.4518

@AlexanderFaust

Yes I certainly agree that debates are awesome and should be how things go! we’re 100% in agreement with that. in fact my whole point is the whole knight/troll should stay out of it cause once one side accuses the other or even thinks the other side is a knight/troll the debate dies.

And I would add another thing. Most things will not come to a resolution. building on your example I am sure some people will counter that the combat is fine and that thinking otherwise comes either from lack of expertize or too much zerging and that would be fine as long as its supported by some facts and examples.

lol, I’ve run into that before.. when talking about TSW ~ which oddly enough, has VERY similar combat to GW2

Anywho.. if interested my "counter" was this::

The real problem with TSW is the combat.. yes.. we’re back to that again, but just hear me out.

Look at dungeons in todays games.. how many types are there?... countless right?

Meh, not so much.

**There are 2 main types of dungeons.. "Progression and Grind".

What’s the difference?

Progression is more commonly found in Console games via::

1. Legend of Zelda

2. Bioshock

3. God of War.

These are "Dungeons/Zones" that you’ll generally spend the majority of your time *(hours at a time) exploring them, looking for secrets and.. mainly, "backtracking" to older areas to find tools/items that let you progress further into the dungeon via story mechanics.

Then you have Grind, now please note this is NOT a negative word and only used to convey it’s general purpose ~ They are more common with MMO’s and Dungeon Crawlers via::

1. Diablo

2. World of Warcraft

3. TSW

**Even some console games like Castlevania 2, Simons Quest.

Grind Dungeons are for the most part are pretty "short" in duration.. and designed for you to run through them, spamming your spells and killing kitten.. and I mean LOTS of kitten! ~ all in an effort to collect "statistically superior loot" ~ again and again, you’ll be coming back to that dungeon to kill kitten till you get that uber piece of gear or that "quota" filled via typical NPC quest.

The real difference however, is what mechanics they facilitate in your game...

IE:

Progression = Slow paced + Story Driven.

Grind = Fast paced + Loot Driven.

Now I could spend hours talking about this, but for the sake of sanity and reading comprehension.. I’ll "try" to keep this short.

~~~~

The Secret World is designed as a progression based MMO via single player game mechs *(IE: Story driven w/atmosphere, puzzles, ect)

However, they included a combat system in the game that was designed to let players "rip through content". *(IE: They’re using spam combat, w/o limitations ~ as if we were playing your standard Diablo clone with a different camera angle).

This speeds up player progression and promotes a "run and gun" game play to both the normal quests AND dungeons.

Which again, is NOT what the secret world was being designed around. *(Story / Atmosphere / puzzles / ect).

Using this combat mechanic means.. that players don’t have to take their time.. they aren’t "counting each shot" *(unlimited ammo) and more importantly, they’re getting bored at the lack of content... why?... because Funcom used the wrong combat system which in turn, made the rest of the game feel "tacked on" or lackluster.

~~~~

TL;DR

Sure you can also point to the "immersion breaking" chat via spoilers.. or the floaty animations... but at the end of the day, can you really say that you prefer TSW with it’s "Grind-based" combat design.. *(speed/loot) ~ instead of what it should’ve had *(Progression)?

Unfortunately.. my post was only met with bias hate and people telling me that "If you don’t like TSW, then don’t play".

which ofcouse.. has nothing to do with me suggestion a combat "shift" to a more atmospheric design.

IE: I liked the game and was only offering my advice to help it improve via mechanics that worked well with one another.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

@OP, while this game is amazing in many ways and for a while I really thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, it is becoming not as much fun for many reasons.

If we don’t point out the reasons and give the devs feedback as to why we might quit the game, the game will eventually die.

Many of the problems are fixable with coding and economic tweaking. The devs have a huge to do list, it is up to us to help them prioritize.

Just saying the game is great doesn’t help that.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Remember, they are making the game for the players to play. It is in their best interests to design gameplay that EVERYONE likes and plays, otherwise the game will simply end up like all other MMO’s over the past couple of years, and NOBODY wants that to happen.

If you try to please EVERYONE you end up pleasing NO-ONE.

It is impossible to make a game that everyone likes. I think the disconnect here is that while there is negative feedback that is constructive, a lot of it is advocating for a complete redesign of game mechanics that a lot of folks like.

This game has great potential, we just need to get the developers to see and realise that.

What you’re actually saying here is “this game has the potential to be exactly what I like if they would just change it to be less what other folks like”. I think this game is just fine the way it is with a some of the adjustments/bug fixes that ANet has already indicated are in the works. It seems to me that the developers have made the game they wanted to make, and there seem to be quite a few folks who enjoy it.

Frankly, I find the “all you negative folks need to go away” threads just as annoying as the “this game needs to be completely changed into something it was never intended to be” threads.

I love this game, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want bugs fixed, DR thresholds adjusted, exploiters banned, etc. The difference is that I believe ANet when they say (sometimes repeatedly) they’re working on a fix and please be patient. I don’t need to dump my complaints on every thread that has a something positive in it just to make sure that the devs don’t ever feel too good about what they’ve accomplished. I also don’t feel the need to post how much I like the game in every negative thread just to make sure the devs don’t get too depressed.

The ANet folks are very capable and professional, and I’m confident that they can sort out all the feedback and decide how they want to move forward without me trying to shout down other folks’ opinions. I stick to giving my opinion, let other folks give theirs, and let the chips fall where they may.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I have a love hate relationship with this game.

It’s fun in so many ways but I’m sick of seeing armies of bots, sick of encountering hung events, sick of encountering broken skill point challenges, the player economy has always sucked and continues to suck, there are questionable ways some players get ahead (either making gold, or obtaining gear like legendaries). ANet is cleaning stuff up but all that does is hose everyone who comes after.

ANet seems to have no grip or grasp, and it’s like a runaway train where the conductor bailed out. They were hustling for the first two weeks and seem to have all but vanished now. You see more action here with mods closing threads and moving threads than you see from ANet doing anything with the game itself.

I’m getting to be very disappointed with how things are going overall and I’m regretting that I got so many of my friends to play this game. I just don’t see this having the same kind of longevity or lasting fun factor and I feel like I overestimated ANet.

It does seem awesome at the start, and maybe if you play very casually that will last, but if you play more intensely, as many do who play MMORPGs, I don’t see where the lasting appeal is going to come from.

Galen Grey.4709

@AlexanderFaust

You give up to easily ultimately players are there to provide a view. You could have convinced everyone of those players and it wouldnt have made a different, its the developers you need to convince. whats worst is you’re never going to get any feedback from them for a variety of reason.

Mostly because they cant commit. even when presented with the best idea in the universe they’re not going to acknowledge it because 1. it might turn out that its not feasible to implement and if they public said they like it and never do it then it will look like they don’t care which wouldn’t be true in this scenario. 2. for legal reasons. We unfortunately live in a world of entitlement so if they acknowledge an idea and then implement it, it might actually result in them being sued for a cut of profits. Some authors for example say explicitly to their fans to never send them ideas because of this. 3. They have to be neutral. Like I already said there are two faces to every coin. what one person likes someone might hate and its good for a developer to stay somewhere in between where possible.

I am sure that they consider every suggestions thats put forward and that they can weigh on any idea / suggestion ir respective from reactions of people in favor or against the idea. I would suggest you focus on that and dont get disheartened

AlexanderFaust.4518

@Galen Grey
lol, I didn’t “give up” and this isn’t my first rodeo

I make suggestions on every game I play, for a number of reasons ~ so long as I like the dev team and/or direction of the game.

However, you cannot submit ideas to the dev team (realistically) thus you are forced to use some form of “community” middle man.

In most cases it’s the official forums.

So, I make my suggestions to the devs there ~ via pointing out critiques, ideas and fixes… then, I usually just walk away.

Long-story, short.. in no way, do I bother with the illusion that the my ideas will be “well received”.

TSW for example, currently suffers from “elitist” problems. In that they think TSW is a “smart-mans game” and that if you don’t like it, it’s not the games fault.. it’s because you’re not smart enough to appreciate it..

lol, I could go on.. but you get the point.

They don’t like things that would make the game more “popular” or player friendly.. so they attack anyone with an opinion.

It’s funny, cause I’m starting ta see the same mentality here via GW2.. IE: it’s a game designed around “fun”.. if you don’t like it, then go back to grinding with your pandas.

ah well, at the end of the day.. I’ll still go outta my way ta suggest things to improve my game of choice.. but unfortunately until Devs implement a better way to receive/view critiques and or popular ideas.. I don’t think anyones suggestions will have much impact on the “final product”.

~XF~

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

Everyone has own opinions on what game should and shouldn’t be like and NOTHING wrong with people voicing those opinions. You say the game is " amazing " i say it had some good ideas that went horribly wrong. I havent played it in weeks and i dunno if i’ll ever get urge to pick it up again… which is really sad because i enjoyed the world immensely…

But does come down to a personal preferance, some people will love the corpse running, zerg fest of a game that Anet designed. Others will adapt and deal with broken one shot mechanics and even if they hate it and keep playing. But then are those like me who just dont care enough to deal with insane learning curve and move on… Anet may well have made a game hardcore gamers can enjoy BUT i’m not convinced that average mmo player or even gamer will ever enjoy this game. I’ve even seen hard core GW1 players say how bad the game is to them…so makes me wonder did Anet fail in the design? will game stay afloat? i hope it does because its still a breath of fresh air even if i personally dont care for it.

-Lokai-

Ravenblade.7685

I am sure a fair share of ideas did not play out as planned.

I am also sure that hadn’t they always reset and deleted characters during BWEs people would have found more issues on the road. It’s a tough call really to make as developer whether to get people spoiled or whether to risk amounting post-launch issues.

Keep in mind that MMOs are fairly complex multi-system games and that an MMO is technically never done. That’s a timeless constant and also a timeless constraint of the genre because it means that when they change something to please critics they will spawn a new generation of critics right after which was happy with the things as they were. It’s also usually a very tight ropewalk where you have to balance feedback versus developer vision.

Siqqa, Asura Engineer

Posted by: Noxu.7203

Noxu.7203

The thing I’ve noticed is that with this game, it sure does have its issues, and they’re being worked on, but that’s not the issue..

The issue is that people on the forums claim their opinions as fact. “The game is not fun at 80 because there are bugs”, that’s a classic example. They claim it’s not fun and that it’s entirely true for everyone else. That’s a classic troll, which brings in the knights who feel the need to defend it, which I don’t see a problem with.

The problem is they try and use that to try to insult the game by claiming that since THEY don’t enjoy an aspect of it, no one else does either, or by saying a certain aspect of the game will make THEM enjoy it, it will make everyone else enjoy it, too.

That’s what most of these come down to, people use anonymity to spread their opinion as facts.

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

#the vicious cycle ~

QFT

You seem to like the game as is, which is just fine. However, some of us do like the game but realise there are issues and problems with it that can be resolved. games are far from perfect. GW2 is just such a game.

And as an MMORPG, it’s accepted that it will undergo many more changes. Even the game you like now will change over time. How those changes happen and in what direction they happen can be influenced by the community.

I will admit that a lot of mmorpg communities ask for junk but by in large, most of the complaints about GW2 are constructive and valid and come with some good suggestions.

Camera problems have been labelled as whining in these forums; yet it is a real issue – as highlighted recently in the patch notes. It’s not even working properly for them

Relaxing of the DR, without doing away with it completely was because of people like us making suggestions and “whining” about it and “playing it wrong”.

Also you suggested in a reply above that a good way to mitigate visiting lower areas is “not to die” which is ludicrous. It’s an unreasonable and elitist statement in a game you “white knights” clearly declare as being non-elitist. PPL die in an MMORPG. that’s how it works. We will die. We will get gibbed trying to res a lowbie. We will die because of lag. We will die because a mob knocks us off a cliff or you bounce off a cliff wall during a knockback. There’s plenty of ways to die not of your own accord and i have not even listed them all.

Try the bandit champion in the human area (the cave). You can do everything right and he can easily 2 shot you with his rifle even with exotics on.

I’m all for a difficult game but making us pay level 80 costs in a scaled down lowbie zone seems like an oversight, not by design, and certainly it doesn’t make the game difficult or challenging by any means whatsoever. That is what is called a penalty. That isn’t the way to get people to play zone as “level 80 content”.

For one, try playing like a lowbie with your lowbie friends. I don’t know abou tyou but at lower levels, it was easy to port around the map to help fight champion pops and respond to calls for help. Try doing that with your 80 and come back and tell me you won’t be broke or flat by the end of the day. Of course, with the way you’re looking at it, you’d likely argue that level 80’s should run everywhere at lower levels or maybe, we aren’t meant to be playing with lowbie – that’s the wrong way to play the game!

No, GW2 is like any other MMORPG. It has its problems and there are clear areas they need to optimise, some that need fixing and some that require long term rethink… just like all other mmorpg.

Compared to other game forums, GW2 forums are actually generally helpful and constructive. The biggest problem with this forum are the white knights who will try and derail constructive posts.

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

This game is incredible. Ive noticed a few extra threads lately about the game being doomed and not meeting expectations etc..

Well, to be quite honest with you this game is doing exceptionaly well! Especially for a F2P model.. Im so impressed with the game I was also very worried because I was wondering how Anet make any money… I mean, ive spent some cash but not alot and I kinda feel they deserve more money… When i first started playing my first thought was wow… They could charge a subscription for this game!

So I say to you guys, dont listen to the gloom bandits and nay sayers as you get them in every forum. Sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are wrong.. In this case they are very wrong and are just trying to dmg the morale of the playerbase..

The servers are full of people at prime time. The dungeons are always easy to get groups for.

The one thing I will say on the critisism side is that I would have preferred slighty longer levelling. Endgame they say is throughout the game.. So why not make the levels twice as much xp as they are right now?

Keep up the good morale this is an amazing game arenanet.. You have worlked hard and im very impressed!! Playerbase, Dont worry this game will be around for a very long time

This guy is right. Don’t pay attention to criticism. GW2 is a synonym for perfection. The “nay sayers” are wrong, and the only one who gets it is the OP.

He is impressed, therefore we all are. And see, he is reassuring you: “don’t worry this game will be around for a very long time”. You even got a smiley at the end of that sentence. All is fine. You can put all your worries aside.

This is as good as a game can get. Well done.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

:) thanks for the support there raging bull

I agree constructive critisism is constructive.

However the naysaying isent. Thanks for your input.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I sincerely hope the ANet staff can draw a better conclusion.

Posted by: GreenZap.1352

GreenZap.1352

You do understand that Ragin Bull was highly sarcastic right?

Zayn Al’Sabaan
Elonian sword-dancer, poet and bard
Greatsword Chronomancer

Posted by: Rhyno.7084

Rhyno.7084

F2P? What is that supposed to stand for, because GW2 is clearly not free.

The game is good with potential to be very good, I wish we’d stop having these “everything is pefect lalalala” threads along with the negative threads. Focus on constructive criticism please.

Posted by: ladague.1456

ladague.1456

I agree about the constructive criticism and here’s mine. In my opinion, more must be done to cater to people who play at times when not many people are around. There are some events I just can’t do because of the need for big groups to do them.

The most logical thing would be to bring in mercenaries and heros in some form or the other. It could easily be done in the context of the personal story. It could be done in such a way so that if you encountered a big group and were doing an event with them, your heros and mercs went off scouting or something like that, so as not to turn the events into hero army attacks.

This way, people who found groups with which to play could play with them. People who, for whatever reason, couldn’t play with a group, could play by themselves.

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

I point is I like this game very much. I love the view and exploration, I like the comunity, and the dynamic event system is really fun.

But there are thing which I don’t like and on a few things I can simply say. Yeah that was content never ment for me anyway. But there are other things which I would like to look into and realize that they are simply not as good as the parts of the game I love and enjoy.

So yeah this game is amazing, that’s why I even bother to post negative feedback.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level