Amazing Job Anet

Amazing Job Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Seriously hats off to you, that is one hell of a patch (and a read), that many of us have been waiting so long for. Cant wait to login tonight when I get home and start exploring all the changes. Just great stuff.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by Moderator)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Just thanks Anet. There are a lot of complains but finally you did a great job.
It´s close the only game where the dev team communicate and try to listen.
The balance is not perfect but step by step you will perform it!
Thanks.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Agreed, lots of things I was worried wouldn’t get touched did; lots of touching, touchy touchy.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

Yep, a lot of good things in this.

And thank you not only for that level to 80 boost but also to include it in a free shared inventory slot.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Im still new but thank you anet ive played allot of mmorpgs so I have a good grasp on the fact these changes are really good, not to mention it was a massive update well done!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: GwenogJones.8094

GwenogJones.8094

Couldn’t agree more!! I am sooo happy about literally every single change. I quit Gw2 about 4months ago because of the grind and because all previous “hypes” have resulted in only major disappointments. I kept my eyes on the forums though because this game has so much potential.

This was now the first time I didn’t have any expectations and… I’m completely blown away! Gw2 is my main game again, thank you for all the changes!! Please do NOT revert ANY changes, major step in right direction!! Amazing job Gw2 team, now let’s keep this up!! So excited, I just can’t hide it!!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Awesome patch Anet! Thank you very much, mainly for giving us old fireball back!

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Amazing, best patch so far!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: oOCitadelOo.2381

oOCitadelOo.2381

Thank you. I know Anet are still looking at more issues. This is progression. Please keep the focus.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Great patch. Happy with most things. Things I was kind of hoping for:

1. nerf to msmer condition damage and buffs to mesmer power (flat)

2. nerf to ele AoE heals, and buffs to ele burst. CD reduction on elites. fix arcane overload CD reduction

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

Awesome patch Anet! Thank you very much, mainly for giving us old fireball back!

And maybe while on it, please do RESTORE ALL THE OTHER SPELLS!!!!

Other than that, only time will tell, but this patch is very substantial and wide-ranging. Kudos for the effort put into it.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Too bad about all the crashing because of the patch though. Hopefully a fix is out soon.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: RIEen.9473

RIEen.9473

Great patch. Fixed a lot and focused on what was important. Announcement was very well written. The shared inventory slot with the auto 80 feels like ‘we know we kittened up, how about some nice free stuff’. I’ll take it and look forward to the next update.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Yeah the patch adressed a lot of stuff. For me personally not enough to come back to the game but I guess people like it.

edit: to clarify, what I’d like to see is actual content. Let’s hope they get their act together and develop new stuff next time.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve just finished reading the patch notes and they’re impressive enough. A lot more effort went into writing those up.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Amazing Job Anet

Wildkitten.3872

Too bad about all the crashing because of the patch though. Hopefully a fix is out soon.

Not an MMO has been done yet where a patch that covers so much doesn’t have some crashes. I think the standard has to be how quickly the issues are fixed rather than them being there. A patch will always introduce a lot of issues because there is no way to test it close to the number of scenarios is goes through once it’s live.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Amazing Job Anet

Blude.6812

Not an MMO has been done yet where a patch that covers so much doesn’t have some crashes. I think the standard has to be how quickly the issues are fixed rather than them being there. A patch will always introduce a lot of issues because there is no way to test it close to the number of scenarios is goes through once it’s live.

True, but this one has virtually hit every area of the game, it is far greater than some crashes. Infact, never have I seen a patch affect so many events with crashing. I will also add that I personally have never had a crash after a patch/ update since I started playing. Other minor issues, yes but not crashing like this. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

Amazing Job Anet

Wildkitten.3872

True, but this one has virtually hit every area of the game, it is far greater than some crashes. Infact, never have I seen a patch affect so many events with crashing. I will also add that I personally have never had a crash after a patch/ update since I started playing. Other minor issues, yes but not crashing like this. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

I have seen crashing worse than this with other patches and that’s just from GW2. And GW2 doesn’t come close as other games I have seen. I’ve seen some games where the servers had to go down for multiple days to fix the what a patch broke. The only thing I have noticed so far is WvW though some people mentioning crashing in some types of gameplay I haven’t tried yet. I am sure it will be addressed in the next couple of hours. If not fixed by tonight, then yeah, I can see the pitchforks coming out.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Just going to +1 and add my “GJ!” to the dev’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

This was a kitten patch if you like spvp. I don’t care about the rest. No real nerfs except to Necros and for some reason DH again. Looking at the next pvp season being all mesmers, revenants, and elementalists I’m thinking. hooray for diversity!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Amazing patch, stuff I love:
× 1 tome for each WvW rank, I can farm lvls in EotM on my main!
× Necro wells cooldown reduction!
× Ranger sword 1 no longer roots the character!
× lvl 80 boost!
× better HoT map rewards!
× better Dungeon rewards!
Thank you so much Anet! Now you just have to fix the crash issues so I can enjoy these things…

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

The patch notes are amazing. Love the changes especially HoT zones. Glad to see so much focus on the current in-game issues before focusing on the next xpack.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I must say that this is a job well done.
Though I am still concerned about core guardian traits and weapons but oh well… it’s still better than nothing.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Gj Anet! I loved alot of the things, one of them being you made dungeons matter again, and made mastery leveling easier (personally i want masteries to be even more easier aka more exp from event chains but i guess i cant have it all ;D).

I love the new gathering place for raids too.

Gonna be fun to see wvw alive again on friday when you “merge” servers. It was needed!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Well hello, Anet. Nice to see you again. Where have you been?

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

Have to give Anet a bit “attaboy”! My sincerest thanks.

This is a good step in the direction of renewing my faith in Anet. Keep it up.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Amazing Job Anet

Blude.6812

I have seen crashing worse than this with other patches and that’s just from GW2. And GW2 doesn’t come close as other games I have seen. I’ve seen some games where the servers had to go down for multiple days to fix the what a patch broke. The only thing I have noticed so far is WvW though some people mentioning crashing in some types of gameplay I haven’t tried yet. I am sure it will be addressed in the next couple of hours. If not fixed by tonight, then yeah, I can see the pitchforks coming out.

I guess you haven’t read the bugs section and reddit. Much more than some. And yes a fix has been ‘queued’ ( that means after 4pm pacific time). After 7pm for me, after midnight for europe.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Very much agreed. After all my frustrations with Anet, since HoT really, this one gets a well deserved Thank You! Great to see that you’re still doing major work, and I do mean major, keeping this game evolving and interesting.

And as a WvW player, I must say that I am eagerly looking forward to next reset!

Amazing Job Anet

Wildkitten.3872

I guess you haven’t read the bugs section and reddit. Much more than some. And yes a fix has been ‘queued’ ( that means after 4pm pacific time). After 7pm for me, after midnight for europe.

Which is pretty quick. Much better than servers being down for at least 12-24 hours some games have with every patch that affects as many game aspects as this one.

There will never be, nor can there be (at least until a huge leap in technology) a bug free patch with an MMO. There are just too many variables. As I said, it should be judged not on the fact there are some bugs but in how quickly they are squashed.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Do the WvW Reward Tracks work in EOTM or do you need to play in EB and the Borderlands in order to advance it?

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Withholding judgement until I can play without crashing every few minutes.

Amazing Job Anet

Mea.5491

Do the WvW Reward Tracks work in EOTM or do you need to play in EB and the Borderlands in order to advance it?

They do work in EotM!

Amazing Job Anet

Celtic Lady.3729

They do work in EotM!

Fabulous! I need to log on and check it out.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Wow the WvW changes sound pretty wonderful. As a T8 inhabitant I can’t wait for some old timey stability induced melee clashes along side our good friends at JQ(?)

Until then I’ll be going to town on scribe recipes!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Ryu Kaisus.1293

Ryu Kaisus.1293

Amazing patch indeed! The cake is real! Good job anet! Now all i hope is that our wvw “cherry on top” is as shiny!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Agreed, the patch is amazing, super looking forward to taking my characters into the next content update this summer. One thing I found surprising from a balance stand-point was 0 condi mesmer nerfs. Otherwise, fantastic job, keep it up.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Scerun.5834

Scerun.5834

I want to send Anet a massive thanks for the new armour skins. Not all the pieces are to my personal liking, but I’m so glad to see so many added, and to be a far, far better direction than the over-designed pieces we got with HoT.

Amazing Job Anet

Mea.5491

They do work in EotM!

I had to stop farming, whole EotM squad crashed 3 times, our awesome commander got mad and left, lol… Waiting for crash fix now…

Amazing Job Anet

Blude.6812

Which is pretty quick. Much better than servers being down for at least 12-24 hours some games have with every patch that affects as many game aspects as this one.

There will never be, nor can there be (at least until a huge leap in technology) a bug free patch with an MMO. There are just too many variables. As I said, it should be judged not on the fact there are some bugs but in how quickly they are squashed.

Worse than this LOL, sure. And quite bluntly, could care less about other games. It’s like me saying it’s cold out and you say well it’s colder in Antarctica, true, but who cares.
OK, whatever, discussing with a white knight goes nowhere. I said I understand, and acknowledge it will be fixed but you can’t even recognize this one is significant and is causing many problems for many just playing the game in this state. It is affecting many , including MAC users, not recognizing the client, not running, crashing no matter what aspect of the game one is playing, reports are growing in the bugs, tech and general areas, FB and reddit etc. Out of this one.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: elguardian.3120

elguardian.3120

Well done Anet, one big step in the right way, now please Uw, FoW, DoA, Urgoz and specially Cantha like the next expansion

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

Looks like I’ll be reinstalling to see what all the good news is about.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Bazs.1470

Bazs.1470

Besides of the crash thing, you really did an amazing job, Anet. Nice work, keep it up in the future!

Amazing Job Anet

Celtic Lady.3729

They do work in EotM!

I had to stop farming, whole EotM squad crashed 3 times, our awesome commander got mad and left, lol… Waiting for crash fix now…

Wow! You weren’t kidding about the crashing. I can’t seem to stay in WvW. :/

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Thanks Anet GJ on the patch. Love the increased tokens on dungeons and the rework in HOT

Did 10 dungeon paths tonight and not one crash so might just be lucky or is it a WvW thing?

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

omg we are actually able to get stuff through the assembler now in less than 3 hours! My scribe is cranking it up a notch!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Thank you from me too. Very impressive update. Well done! I’ve already tried the jumping puzzle daily and started my tiger hunt.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Looks like I’ll be reinstalling to see what all the good news is about.

Best username I’ve seen in a long time! <3

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I wasn’t too optimistic, because I didn’t think the lack of new content would be enough for me, but I was surprisingly wrong.

Damage golems were HUGE. Omg, the theorycrafting community really needed this. I have already disproved a few things about daredevil damage that had been taken as common knowledge.

I think destroying the swamp fractal only state of fractals did a lot; even though, I have played all of them repeatedly, the idea of being able to find a group for soemthing besides swamp or molten boss excites me.

The same with dungeons. I look forward to running them again.

New rewards and all the HoT changes really made the content feel like less of a chore and fun to play again.

Even the changes to the Adventures encouraged me to finally get my last few mastery points needed to unlock all the HoT masteries today.

I approach the game now with a sense of vigor; well, done. I was really losing hope for this game. This went a lot way.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

ruffles Anet’s hair “good job!” XD on a serious note amazing job Ant Cant wait for Living Story Season 3

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Proofs of Heroics have been converted into a currency and are no longer a soulbound item.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.