Ammo Mechanic

Ammo Mechanic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

So i have been riddling my head about this for past few days. And i don’ really understand what makes this different then the mantra of the mesmer (and soon firebrand). I feel like mantra has lost its “uniqueness”. Can someone light me up?

Ammo Mechanic

Posted by: tairneanach.8427

tairneanach.8427

Can someone light me up?

Sure, let me just grab some petrol.

To answer your question: Mantras can still be used without interrupting other actions. I guess that’s what’s unique about them now.

What I don’t get is what kind of ammo the warrior’s kick is supposed to use. Are they harvesting soles from their dead enemies to use as a conduit in this skill?

Ammo Mechanic

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What I don’t get is what kind of ammo the warrior’s kick is supposed to use. Are they harvesting soles from their dead enemies to use as a conduit in this skill?

What do you mean? Its clearly per leg. Thats why its 3 charges.

… wait a second…

Ammo Mechanic

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Can someone light me up?

Obviously not a native speaker who confused “light up” with “enlighten”.

@topic: So, the skills that now have several charges count as ammunition? That’s indeed an odd term in connection to many of the skills that sport this mechanic.

Ammo Mechanic

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

What do you mean? Its clearly per leg. Thats why its 3 charges.

… wait a second…

That 3rd leg is exactly what they’ll be swinging in WvW frontlines with the kind of impact they’ll make in large scale fights

Ammo Mechanic

Posted by: tairneanach.8427

tairneanach.8427

Can someone light me up?

Obviously not a native speaker who confused “light up” with “enlighten”.

@topic: So, the skills that now have several charges count as ammunition? That’s indeed an odd term in connection to many of the skills that sport this mechanic.

I know, but it was too tempting to resist. :p

And yes, ever since they’ve announced the ammo system, I’ve wondered why they’d called it that. But then again, I can’t come up with many alternatives right now. Charges, maybe, but that might lead to confusion with charge skills.