An Experience Booster and BL express?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

That’s the gift you’ve been hyping up all week?

From a PR standpoint it would have been better if you gave us nothing.

Some ANet employee must have thought “you know what would be hilarious…”.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Where was this ‘hype’? I didn’t see any mention of free gifts/sales from ArenaNet, but of course I don’t follow Twitter/Facebook. Is that where this ‘hype’ was?

Daharahj.1325

Where was this ‘hype’? I didn’t see any mention of free gifts/sales from ArenaNet, but of course I don’t follow Twitter/Facebook. Is that where this ‘hype’ was?

Yup, it was all over twitter and reddit.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, sorry you were disappointed. I, on the other hand, am always grateful for free stuff. /shrug

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s free and they didn’t have to give us free stuff.

However if they decide to have a Black Friday Sales, my gems are willing to leave me and go to them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Just waiting for someone to post how the free items are “a slap in the face.”

It was a nice thing for them to do and they didn’t have to do it. Complaining about it is just obnoxious.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

How was it hyped by Anet? All I’ve seen is two tweets about a gift in the gem-store. Who’s been going wild with speculations and hype about it is the players, not the company.
And I mean, it’s a gift. They didn’t have to give anything, but they did. You may not be happy with everything they do or the state of the game, but getting worked up over a little present is more than silly imho.

Daharahj.1325

Just because it’s free it doesn’t mean it has to be awful.

It boggles my mind how low the expectations of arnet are that people consider these gifts okay, lol.

Auralae.7482

It boggles my mind how some players think that a gift from a company has to be a certain standard to be deemed “okay.”

If you don’t like it, then don’t take it.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

When I was a kid, I once complained about a present I got from an Aunt who had returned from overseas. I wanted the present my sister got instead. My mother took my present off me for being ungrateful and I didn’t ever get it back.

I have not complained since. Well maybe when my husband gave me a yoghurt maker and I don’t especially like yoghurt but I just muttered to my self.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I quite honestly enjoy any free exp boosts.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There was one post on Twitter. Hardly hype. It was however picked up by all the MMO media sites and added to their Black Friday in game MMO coverage.

And in the past when they gave away freebies, they were singular, inexpensive items from the gem shop. We’ll probably get a key, repair canister, transmutation charges, revive orb, maybe an untradeable unidye, mini egg.

What we aren’t going to get offered is any armor skin, outfit, hair style/total makeover kit (unless they feel really, really generous), slots (bank, bag or character) or anything else that’s worth more than 100 gems at the Gem Shop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Well ,2 hours xp boost is lovely if you doesn’t finish with mastery yet.

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

I believe they are having more sales throughout the weekend and may do something for cyber monday. Keep hope people.
Free stuff is always nice though.

Auralae.7482

There’s a free item booster and free transmute charge today.

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Rofl omg this is so rediculous, so you got something actually usefull completely free as a gift and now all of a sudden anet is the bad guy because they didnt fulfill your every desire with their nice gesture?

The level of greed and entitlement with this generation is through the roof.

Daharahj.1325

Rofl omg this is so rediculous, so you got something actually usefull completely free as a gift and now all of a sudden anet is the bad guy because they didnt fulfill your every desire with their nice gesture?

Actually useful? Hah, hysterical.

Get off your high horse, this is just a video game.

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

I think we should be thankful for getting something. When i discovered this, the very first thing i thought was: yay, i got a gift, and not something along the lines of yay, i got ANOTHER black Lion trading express, which i got about 50 across my alts. I also suspect that giving everyone a skin would impact the economy much more.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Does it matter what it is? It’s free.

I can understand if you’d been expecting something amazing, but like everyone else I’d not seen any hype, or even mention of a sale, so I was actually expecting nothing. As a result a couple of free things is pretty nice, even if it’s not things I really want or need.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

People seem to be blind by “free” when it’s pretty worthless on what they give. Rather have a 50-60% black friday sale over this, so I can get the things I want that isn’t pure kitten

Lol the transmutation charge for today, really? Not even a stack of 5 either, just one, you can easily do map completion on a new character in the city…

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

FREE REPAIR CANISTER HYYYYYPPP— oh wait, it’s just some boosters and a trading post express. False alarm guys.

All jokes aside, something is better than nothing. Really, they didn’t have to do this but it isn’t uncommon to see freebies around this time in the gem store.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

People seem to be blind by “free” when it’s pretty worthless on what they give. Rather have a 50-60% black friday sale over this, so I can get the things I want that isn’t pure kitten

Lol the transmutation charge for today, really? Not even a stack of 5 either, just one, you can easily do map completion on a new character in the city…

But you don’t need to take the time to do that, you get one today, for free. See it saved you time. And if you are a Fashion Wars 2 type player then it’s one less you need to farm or buy. Just like yesterday, if you are leveling a character or earning XP for a mastery, the XP booster was nice.

The sales are generally around New Years IIRC. And don’t expect 50-60%, expect the usual 20-30% unless it’s a one shot discount like they did occasionally in August.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Auralae.7482

Or some people were just raised to appreciate a gift as the kind gesture that it is.

Daharahj.1325

Or some people were just raised to appreciate a gift as the kind gesture that it is.

Some gifts are also in bad taste, if you gift your child a chunk of charcoal for his birthday and then scold him because he doesn’t appreciate it, there’s gonna be bad blood regardless, but i guess it’s free and he can make barbacue with it! that ungrateful piece of kitten.

Posted by: Matheren.7536

Matheren.7536

Actually useful? Hah, hysterical.

Get off your high horse, this is just a video game.

Yeah, “just a video game” where you’re upset enough about some free items to actually complain on that video game’s forum. I’m sure you threw some fits in-game too.

So much for “just a video game” huh?

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

People got it all wrong.

Not person who complains is greedy,actually players happy with 100 gems worth “present” are greedy and selfish.They are kind of people ’ give me nothing but useless brick,as long as its free’ or ’ where’s free stuff? give give give to me,i am happy,even if i don’t need it’
Those people who complain,most of them realize ANet didn’t gave you “gift” because they care about you,they did it with specific calculation,so people can forget about bundles,and many many mistakes done in past 40 days.

When people start to use brains again,world is going to be much better place.

I am ready for s**t storm,but truth hurts,i know.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Auralae.7482

Not person who complains is greedy,actually players happy with 100 gems worth “present” are greedy and selfish.They are kind of people ’ give me nothing but useless brick,as long as its free’

lol wut?

Posted by: Matheren.7536

Matheren.7536

Not person who complains is greedy,actually players happy with 100 gems worth “present” are greedy and selfish.They are kind of people ’ give me nothing but useless brick,as long as its free’

lol wut?

Right? If his post is an example of people ‘using their brains’ then I think we’re all better off as zombies.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

The free gifts are ok to me

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

OP: It seems you think you deserve more than what they gave you, which begs the question, what did you do to deserve anything at all, much less better?

There’s a word for people with your attitude: ingrate.

Posted by: Laosduude.1690

Laosduude.1690

And here I am with 5000 gems that I used my own money for, waiting for a bigger than 20% sale from last week for black friday, guess not