An FYI :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I remember hearing somewhere that there are no DPS metters….go to the Aerodrome in LA, you’ll be surpised

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Luckily it remains confined to that instance as it exists purely as a training aid – something dps meters should only ever be used for.

Many of us remain extremely thankful it doesn’t bleed over into the main game (yet)

But, yes for those who want it, this will be well received in the aerodrome.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I remember hearing somewhere that there are no DPS metters….go to the Aerodrome in LA, you’ll be surpised

You heard correctly. Until today, that was true.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

need something like this for PvP area too

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Meh if that’s true they might force people to train on it and send screenshots before they can join grp. XD cuz elitist.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

There’s a dev quote on reddit which says something about this, but I can’t for the life of me find it to link and copy and paste (Where’s Just a flesh wound when you need him/her?!) but it was something on the lines of they themselves didn’t want the tool to be used to force people to ‘link their DPS’ but at the same time, didn’t want to have the idea of a potentially useful tool for personal profession use to be thrown in the trash can either.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Wozniak.7304

Wozniak.7304

well if you want to test your dps leave pvp

Its off the table now – http://i.imgur.com/CQWlUqL.gif

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

well if you want to test your dps leave pvp

PvE and PvP have different stat set ups unless I’m missing patch notes where we can use PvP gear in PvE.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

i never understood the need of a dps meter in this game. And the only places i ever kept hearing about it is on youtube. It all started when 1 youtuber (who is missing for months now) made a 3 parts very long videos about how the min/max dps burst zerker meta is wrong and fake, and later on another youtube started using those 3rd party dps meters on raids and fractals and what not.

honestly is it really that important? If you want to deal lots of dmg learn your encounter and rotation. Add power/precision stats and stack might/quickness with party. Who cares if youre missing 2 might stacks or have 5% less stats cause youre missing a ascended boot and glove…

oh and lets not forget about how people arent bothered with a dps meter when it comes to encountering a herd of moa while exploring the world, comparing dps as you lvl up or underwater dps or any other 90% of the content that isnt raids, dungeons and a few fractal bosses..

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Great tool for people who enjoy making the highest dps builds – I just really hope it doesn’t lead to even more elitism in raids. It’s already “Have to be full ascended, run build X and experienced” in raid LFG and I am pretty sure proving your dps will be next.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

My guild has an all welcome training raid night.
Later it has an experienced raiding night.
The all welcome relies on you having the right build but doesn’t require ascended.
I’m sure many other guilds also offer such a thing as a way to try raiding, worth looking into if you are being burned by LFG.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

The all welcome relies on you having the right build but doesn’t require ascended.

Sounds a bit of an oxymoron to me :/

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

i never understood the need of a dps meter in this game. And the only places i ever kept hearing about it is on youtube. It all started when 1 youtuber (who is missing for months now) made a 3 parts very long videos about how the min/max dps burst zerker meta is wrong and fake, and later on another youtube started using those 3rd party dps meters on raids and fractals and what not.

honestly is it really that important? If you want to deal lots of dmg learn your encounter and rotation. Add power/precision stats and stack might/quickness with party. Who cares if youre missing 2 might stacks or have 5% less stats cause youre missing a ascended boot and glove…

oh and lets not forget about how people arent bothered with a dps meter when it comes to encountering a herd of moa while exploring the world, comparing dps as you lvl up or underwater dps or any other 90% of the content that isnt raids, dungeons and a few fractal bosses..

It’s not because you don’t find it interesting that other people won’t find it interesting. Here a lit of reason why I wanted such a thing.

1) Calculating DPS is hard. It used to be with math, now we have some half decent 3rd party meter, but they screenshot so error might occur. This mean that information about the dps capacity of certain build are hard to find since not much people are testing or post those information. This end up with pretty much zero information about the strenght of build other than the meta, so we rarely know if what is the 2nd best build and if it’s 2% less dps or 30% less dps than the meta. Sometime the meta changed and nobody test it for several month, this happened with Hammer Guardian when raid appeared. Plenty of cool build are not properly tested like Condi Thief.

With this kind of testing space, more people will have an easy time testing the max dps of their build, making it easier to inform the community about the actual strength of different build, which will push for more diversity.

2) It will take into account your individual skill. The max dps of a build isn’t necessarily the dps that individual will have. The rotation and buff will differ from group to group and so is the ranking of different build. If we are able to test thing for ourself it will be easier to figure out on which build you perform the best, even if it’s not the meta.

3) It’s a self improvement tool. It will allow you to see what is your output depending on different rotation allowing you to improve yourself if you want.

4) Eye opener for a lot of people. No need to try to improve yourself if you think you are doing a good job. For a lot of people it will be a shock to see how little dps they are doing even with a meta build because they don’t play properly to max their dps. And for some people that will push them to improve themselves. A motivation they didn’t had when they didn’t know what was their dps.

You may not find those attractive, but a lot of people do.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD