An Upgrade For Gem Cards

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

I would post this in Suggestions, but that is in the Archive section, which doesn’t sound good lol

I’m sure I’m not the only one who hates the stuff that gets all over the place when you scratch off the film on the gem cards to reveal the code. It has gotten to the point where I just bend the card and carefully peel the whole sticker off so I don’t have to deal with scratching and making a mess.

Apple has solved this problem with the addition of a pull-tab on the corner of the sticker, so we don’t have to deal with carefully peeling it off or scratching off the film.

I see 2 reasons why it could possibly be profitable for ArenaNet to do this with their gem cards:

1. The amount of adhesive material required to hold the sticker to the card would be reduced, and in the long run, that could mean a slightly lowered cost per gem card (for ArenaNet, as they pay a company to make the cards), and adhesive material would be saved.

2. The strength of the adhesive material could also be reduced in order to avoid tearing the code from the paper, resulting in a lower cost for the material (I can only imagine that stronger materials that hold better would cost more).

Do you see this as a viable move for them to make with their gem cards? I certainly would love it, and it would make getting to the codes much less of a hassle.

(edited by Hofulu.7325)

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

#firstworldproblems

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

#firstworldproblems

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

#firstworldproblems

basically xD

but it wouldn’t be so bad, would it?

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Then you could peel it off, read the code, and put it carefully back on. If I understand what you’re suggesting.

The whole point of the silver is that you have to visibly “destroy” it to see beneath it. I’m not sure how Apple deals with the problem.

Besides…. I kind of like scraping the silver stuff off. It’s silly, maybe, but I’ve always found it fun.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

An Upgrade For Gem Cards

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Apple can do it because Apple is sitting on 10s of billions of dollars in cash. No big thing that the cards cost a bit more and actually “higher class” is likely a feature among Apple-ites.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes