An advice for new people!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

I think that we have a lot of players with this 75% off deal. So, I must warn you about one problem about dungeons! You might be kicked from group at any moment and party only needs 2 people to kick you. So 2 guys can kick 3 people from party. Why would they do that? They sell dungeons. After that they will set group in LFG and sell your efforts.

And… Well… Seems that it’s not even a reason for ban.

So. Be careful and avoid groups with 2 guys from the same guild.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

In two years of playing I’ve had this happen once. The only dungeon paths that I’ve ever seen for sale is Arah. This doesn’t seem to be a problem at all so I wouldn’t worry about it as a new player.

CutePicsHunter.7430

In two years of playing I’ve had this happen once. The only dungeon paths that I’ve ever seen for sale is Arah. This doesn’t seem to be a problem at all so I wouldn’t worry about it as a new player.

Eh… I just checked a minute ago. Glad to show you that AC and CM are usually on sale too.

Attachments:

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I do see forum complaints that this happens but it hasn’t happened to me. Then again I’m usually in a guild group that PuGs one or two slots as needed. But when we’ve had two PuGs they haven’t kicked us. (This may be because we also tend to kill most everything in the dungeon and cheaters get frustrated and quit before getting near the end ).

That means I’m on the flip side. I’m one of multiple guildies in a run, and we don’t kick people unless they vanish for ten minutes or so without warning. It’s sad if someone ditches us just because we share a tag.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And most sellers do not kick the other members of the group. Most legitimately solo or duo the dungeon.

Just read the LFG and be up front at the beginning of a dungeon if you are new to the dungeon. Or if you’ve only done it a few times. That way your other party members know beforehand that you’re liable to make mistakes.

Don’t join groups that say exp if you’re new. Exp means experienced for the purposes of the LFG and not explorable.

Don’t join groups that you don’t meet the requirements of. The party members have the right to kick you if you join and don’t meet the requirements. Provided they aren’t rude about it. Meaning they can’t know at the beginning of the run and then kick you at the end.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

My hobby dungeon explorer is at 400, I’m not sure how many fractal I did but I finished tier 14 of fractal frequenter.

I have never experienced the problem before. At least on the NA server.

CutePicsHunter.7430

And pretty much all you can do – screenshot your whole party every time you go for dungeons and try to send a ticket to support (which will most likely be ignored ). Your efforts will be wasted anyway. You will even waste more efforts if you will want to contact anet about…

So it’s easier just to avoid groups with 2+ guildies in them.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Eh… I just checked a minute ago. Glad to show you that AC and CM are usually on sale too.

I never said no one ever sells other paths. I said as you put in bold that I’ve only seen Arah for sale. I do however think it’s sad people would pay to do AC or CM. At least Arah is a challenge.

Posted by: DeViLzzz.3128

DeViLzzz.3128

What did I get myself into here? I buy the game today and all I see is negative posts. I hope that with new people we can get together and create our own guilds and not have to deal with idiocy mentioned in this thread.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

What did I get myself into here? I buy the game today and all I see is negative posts. I hope that with new people we can get together and create our own guilds and not have to deal with idiocy mentioned in this thread.

This is a game forum. Most of what you will see will be negative by default. You’ll be fine. Just be friendly in game and you will meet a lot of great players to hang out with.

Another piece of advice for new players. Stay away from this forum unless you are asking for advice or tips. There is very little value in the rest of it and you will enjoy your GW2 experience more if you stay away from all the negativity posted here on a daily basis. It’s too late for me. I wish I’d known that earlier.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

An advice for new people: Find a nice guild and do dungeons with guildies. No one’s gonna kick you out of the party. Welcome to GW2.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

This happens every once in a while, and when it does it is frustrating. Honestly A-net should do something to prevent or punish exploiting the current system.

However that being said, the problem is not as large scale as the OP makes it sound, I’ve done countless dungeons, and I have never encountered this problem. I’ve been in complete random groups, groups with two guild memebers, even done some as the odd man out 4 guild members + me and we did just fine.

Keep in mind when coming to the forums and reading things like this, the only posts you will find are usually about negative experiences. It would be interesting to see how big a thread we could get going if people posted for every successful clear complete with groups from the LFG tool.

(edited by Miku.6297)