An all ordinary Tequatl fight

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

This is what the battle between Tequatl and the… players looks like at Piken Square.
http://i.imgur.com/pX3QIww.jpg
Full health, no one attacks, turrets destroyed…
It’s been like this for months now. I guess people lost the motivation to lose over and over
I have no idea how the activity around Tequatl is on other servers, but all I can do is to guess it’s deserted like Piken?

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Judging by your clock, at midnight what do you expect to see there? Only havoc and despair ofc.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I do teq plenty. Its done quite a bit. On all servers? No.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Attempted and often killed weekly on Gunnars Hold, thanks to a select number of commanders who tirelessly organise and coordinate it all.

It does vary from server to server though. It depends largely on a very small number of dedicated people willing to get it off the ground and stick with it even after numerous fails, using tools like a server forum to get the community involved.

Improved rewards would go a long way though. They aren’t bad, but the chances for ascended or unique skins are just too low to entice enough people more regularly

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’m quite sure FSP is still doing it 1-3 times each day.

Posted by: Adde.5198

Adde.5198

Dont come to FSP, tyvm.

Weir.5691

Judging by your clock, at midnight what do you expect to see there? Only havoc and despair ofc.

It is like this all the time no matter if it day or night.

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

Unfortunately this is the negative effects of the newer content. Make it so that events must have a full and competent map to complete, and leave the less populated servers unable to complete them 90% of the time. Better bandwagon onto top tier servers…

Posted by: Maselko.8142

Maselko.8142

Nobody does it on Underworld too.
Sometimes I guest to desolation in order to do it, but end up in overflow and fail most of the time. Its kinda sad only one server does Teq regulary.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

More like due to it requiring an hundred people.
And those people won’t go there – they’ll go where they already know they can find enough people, be it desolation or other servers known to do it.

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

We do it everyday 1-3 times a day and also the 3heads wurm, if you want to join us stay aware of our reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

We fight Tequatl about once a week on Aurora Glade. It does require a lot of coordination to get enough players for it. I’m glad some commanders feel up to that task.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

It’s the same way in Gandara at every spawn during the day. At least there was a guild (DV) that used to try it on saturday evenings, but haven’t seen them there since Wurm came out.

Sadly, joining TxS isn’t really an option for me. Just from reading posts from the recruiter on reddit, I can tell that’s not a guild I’d like to be in.

Having someone in Desolation’s Sparkly Fen main map is pretty much our best bet.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No problem on my server shrug
That’s why this system exists in the first place. The game needs more fights like tequatl, tbh. I think the wurms are a little bit to hard to kill them daily but tequatl is just about right.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Weir.5691

15 days since anything has posted here but I hope it okay of i bump this thread anyway.

Tequatl is still pretty much abandoned and and it appears that this is the case with Triple Jungle Wurms also, abandoned, deserted, people has just given up.

Guesting to a server that play one of those does work but shouldn’t be necessary.
Living Story could also be one of the reasons no one play those bosses anymore. Living Story will never be finished as new content and events is added every two weeks.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Tequatl was redone and became a deserted event my server. Way to go ANet, we need more content that is rarely done on full servers and never on the others.

Can’t wait for more!

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Weir, we have some guild in Piken. Piken Square Dragon Hunters. Check them. Write to Malfurion Windfury (their commander).

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

(edited by Hyperionkhv.1978)

Posted by: Randomm.2470

Randomm.2470

Weir, we have some guild in Piken. Piken Square Dragon Hunters. Check them. Write to Malfurion Windfury (their commander).

Hi, Malfurion here.

So yes, we are trying to organize a guild on Piken to kill mainly Teq, but there are ppl doing Wurm too. If you would like to join us, you can whisper me, or get hold of some other ppl with [PSDH] guild tag. We have our own TS and site, check it here: http://psdh.eu/ , with timers for the bosses.

Let’s try to make Piken a better server!

Invisible Walls Cant Stop [Me]

Weir.5691

I’m already in a guild, but thanks for the offers.

One of the reasons I created this thread is to see if Anet is aware of the issue and maybe have a solution for it.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

thousands of people have been trying to get Anet to acknowledge this problem since right after the LS associated with it ended or even before. It is one of my biggest issues with this game, and will continue to be so until something is done to make tequatl fun for everyone, not just the entitled few who like to server hop, or were fortunate to be on a full server.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

They don’t acknowledge the problem because they don’t believe there is one. They designed it to require 80+ people (or so they claim), and have no desire to tone it down in the slightest.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m already in a guild, but thanks for the offers.

One of the reasons I created this thread is to see if Anet is aware of the issue and maybe have a solution for it.

What do you mean by this? Tequatl and the Great Wurm are Elite level content. It’s not meant to be successfully done by everyone. Only the hardcore, coordinated groups are regularly successful. That doesn’t mean you’re not free to try and organize a run for yourself. In fact, it’s encouraged that you try.

Working as intended.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Tequatl was redone and became a deserted event my server. Way to go ANet, we need more content that is rarely done on full servers and never on the others.

Can’t wait for more!

THat’s what happened on Crystal Desert.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

@chemiclord
Did someone from anet actually say that they don’t want everyone to be able to attempt tequatl from their own server, or are you just assuming that, because they haven’t responded, and that’s what you want to believe?

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

He was so cool back then

Attachments:

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

@chemiclord
Did someone from anet actually say that they don’t want everyone to be able to attempt tequatl from their own server, or are you just assuming that, because they haven’t responded, and that’s what you want to believe?

Here’s Josh explaining their intent with Teq and Wurm events:

Hey, thanks everyone! We spent a lot of time tweaking the balance on this, and I’m glad that so many people appreciate our efforts. We REALLY like hearing that people are making memories and cheering each other on. Those are the kinds of experiences we make MMOs for.
I’m not surprised that the Wurm is not liked by as many people. We were making that specifically for the hard core groups that are all about the organization and figuring out the strategy and tactics. It’s really cool watching the community grapple with this puzzle and innovate as they get closer and closer to finding a winning strategy.

Working as intended.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Weir.5691

I’m not saying they should make Tequatl easier (well, increased time limit wouldn’t hurt.), but there’s no point having an elite event if lots of servers isn’t playing it.

I’m not trying to make a fight or anything, I’m just trying to get my point out and hopefully find a solution.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

They could not confirm that something is wrong with the new Tequatl, because they had another raid (3 worms) in the pipeline.

Now we have two super raids, noone cares for. Can’t wait to have some more of those.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

It is one of my biggest issues with this game, and will continue to be so until something is done to make tequatl fun for everyone, not just the entitled few who like to server hop, or were fortunate to be on a full server.

What?? So you consider players ‘entitled’ for being in guilds that can ’successfully do this event??

I hate to break your misguided notions, but 40-50 people can beat Teq. All it takes is some organisation. If you cannot be kitten d to learn the event and get 50 players from your guild, server, whatever to do this, then you do not deserve to succeed the event. Simple as that ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t understand the problem.

Several options have already been suggested, including:

• Guest to a server that already has a regular, coordinated group doing the event,
  • Join a guild or other group on your server to do it with them
  • Form your own group to get together and do the event.

And none of these are acceptable?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

Transfer to Desolation, where the only time it fails is because of guests.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

You need organization to down this dragon. Usually that’s where guilds come in.

The game needs more content that requires brains and coordination. Once the player base gets organized and learns how to play as a group in this multiplayer game, then we’ll get more interesting content.

If we ask them to dumb everything down.. well then everything will be a mindless zergfest like all the other bosses in this game… where you afk on auto-attack.