An idea to make world events more fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: daviesforu.6291

daviesforu.6291

OK so I just thought about tequatl and how to beat him you need tons of people, a mindless zerg, and the fight is never interesting. Also if you don’t get on the right map then you’re screwed, and I’ve disconnected from the perfect map with friends on so many times, minutes away from teq spawning.

So I was thinking, how could you make it more fun, more accessible to people with bad PCs that can’t completely handle zergs, easier to participate in without having to wait in a map for an hour beforehand?
Idea is simple, there could be another mini map for the world event, accessible through a portal or something that comes up at the correct time, and then the boss is inside the map. Limit the amount of people able to join a boss map to 30-50 (also gives you a little community, making the event more fun) , and you could make the boss fights require more complex organisation, or more things to actually do and more roles to fill, so when you kill the boss you actually feel like you’ve achieved something.

Tequatl – guarding of the laser would be more fun if there was a need to split up roughly into even groups to defend the laser pieces, or if you needed people to run ammunition from somewhere to each of the cannons to keep the shield down. Obviously this is very early stage ideas but I think it would be much better, and you could still have things affecting the gw2 normal world before/after the event. Only the final boss would be in a separate instance (like the new wyrm fight thing seems to be)
What do you guys think?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

What do you guys think?

So this is basically one more “raid plz!” topic, right?

Considering the current technology in the game, I don’t think that would be even possible right now. And the lack of new dungeons in HoT show how ArenaNet is focusing more on open world content, not instanced content.

daviesforu.6291

Explanation: for the bit about splitting up to defend laser bits, I know you need people to split up currently, but it’s such a zerg that it doesn’t feel like it’s too important, I’m talking about each person really making a difference, and requiring professions to evenly distribute themselves (roughly) to succeed. Basically – a bit harder, and more….. Of a struggle. So you feel like destiny’s edge defending snaff while he tried to take over the dragons mind, could even involve them too, as they are dragon champion hunters

daviesforu.6291

@test I guess so in a way, but not so much raid as you wouldn’t have to be in a premade party to take part, you could still stumble upon it while exploring

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

This is unfortunately the side effect when you remove the holy trinity and questing and replace it with world events that don’t require much else other than just a tiny tiny bit of coordination and then 11111111111111111111faceroll*

The entire structure of the game is doomed to be what it is for good, it’s alright I suppose, entertaining for sure, but there’s really no meat to the game, no longevity.

People will diss the holy trinity and other mechanics they decided to do away with to be “different” but a lot of those things allow players to really have to rely on one another (despite how hard it may be at times) and around that it’s possible to create challenging and enriching content. But for right now its zerg zerg zerg- downed- die- wp, run back 111111111111111111….. etc. Oh here come the white knights, so i’m leaving.

daviesforu.6291

What do you guys think?

So this is basically one more “raid plz!” topic, right?

Considering the current technology in the game, I don’t think that would be even possible right now. And the lack of new dungeons in HoT show how ArenaNet is focusing more on open world content, not instanced content.

I replied to your comment, but I also had more to say! Haha

I’m suggesting basically adding boss maps, which could be open all the time, but with lower amounts of people on. I don’t think this actually would class as raids or whatever you mean because it would be the same as it is now, just less zerg dependant

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Perhaps you weren’t around for Teq version 1.0….

It’s the other bosses that need attention.

daviesforu.6291

This is unfortunately the side effect when you remove the holy trinity and questing and replace it with world events that don’t require much else other than just a tiny tiny bit of coordination and then 11111111111111111111faceroll*

The entire structure of the game is doomed to be what it is for good, it’s alright I suppose, entertaining for sure, but there’s really no meat to the game, no longevity.

People will diss the holy trinity and other mechanics they decided to do away with to be “different” but a lot of those things allow players to really have to rely on one another (despite how hard it may be at times) and around that it’s possible to create challenging and enriching content. But for right now its zerg zerg zerg- downed- die- wp, run back 111111111111111111….. etc. Oh here come the white knights, so i’m leaving.

I feel like it’s fixable though, just force people into situations with roles that need to be filled, but with less people so it’s not just number dependant,

thanks for your input btw!

daviesforu.6291

Perhaps you weren’t around for Teq version 1.0….

It’s the other bosses that need attention.

Noo I wasn’t, but teq atm isn’t even fun :/ must have been terrible before
I feel like all bosses would need this kind of redesign

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I feel like it’s fixable though, just force people into situations with roles that need to be filled, but with less people so it’s not just number dependant,

The less people in the fight + more complexity = premades = raids like you find in other games.

You can’t make open world content (ie pug content) complex, otherwise they can’t beat it, hence zergs.

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

The less people in the fight + more complexity = premades = raids like you find in other games.

You can’t make open world content (ie pug content) complex, otherwise they can’t beat it, hence zergs.

And what is really the point of open world zerg content? Wheres the strategy, and the need to rely on one another as a unit other than just warm bodies and more 111111 dps? That’s how content gets stale fast.

Take even gw1 for example, im not even talking about raiding content in wow…permadeath/trinity inside uw/fow was tough stuff, sure there were gimmick builds who could do it quickly but even then one slip up required more coordination otherwise it was doomed to fail. Those zones were ran for years and people did not feel it got stale half as quickly as the events in this game. Taking out trinity and trying to be different killed longevity and rewarding/enriching content.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

And what is really the point of open world zerg content? Wheres the strategy, and the need to rely on one another as a unit other than just warm bodies and more 111111 dps? That’s how content gets stale fast.

Take even gw1 for example, im not even talking about raiding content in wow…permadeath/trinity inside uw/fow was tough stuff, sure there were gimmick builds who could do it quickly but even then one slip up required more coordination otherwise it was doomed to fail. Those zones were ran for years and people did not feel it got stale half as quickly as the events in this game. Taking out trinity and trying to be different killed longevity and rewarding/enriching content.

Everything becomes zerg content at some point. When everyone learned how to do teq it became zerg content. Without a trinity combat system, fights can only be so complex even less so in open world content. There’s not much you can do to fix this.