An item that eats sigils WITH NO CONFIRMATION

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Before you say, “destroy them” or “put them in mystic forge” or “vendor them” Stop right there. Dont want to hear it. Thats not the idea and my idea would be better than all of those.

Sigil spam is stupid, salvaging stuff is so unnecessarily tedious with them. Would be even better if the item that ate them could just be rightclicked and had options

1: Eat All runes/sigils rare and below

2: Eat all runes/sigils green and below

3: Eat all blue runes/sigils

4: Eat all runes/sigils.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Is this a gemstore item, and if so how much would it cost? If it’s sold by an NPC vendor, is it infinite or does it have a set number of uses and then you rebuy. Does it cost to use it like the copper fed salvage kit costs?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i think they like to call them gobblers.

Sigil gobbler/ rune gobbler.

Envy.1679

Is this a gemstore item, and if so how much would it cost? If it’s sold by an NPC vendor, is it infinite or does it have a set number of uses and then you rebuy. Does it cost to use it like the copper fed salvage kit costs?

thats all up to developers, but the idea in general can be asked for

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

What are the results for salvaging runes and sigils? Do we ‘reward’ sigil/rune eaters and do we limit it to a set number per day? Does it give a special currency? What can you buy with that currency?

While I agree with the opening sentiment, it needs a fair amount of thought.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’ve probably made 60+ gold on all the sigils I’ve vendered.

NSPride <3

Envy.1679

I could go to mechanical turk and make enough to buy a McDonald burger too. But why though.

Razor.9872

I could go to mechanical turk and make enough to buy a McDonald burger too. But why though.

Because burger loves you <3

NSPride <3

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Before you say, “destroy them” or “put them in mystic forge” or “vendor them” Stop right there. Dont want to hear it. Thats not the idea and my idea would be better than all of those.

Sigil spam is stupid, salvaging stuff is so unnecessarily tedious with them. Would be even better if the item that ate them could just be rightclicked and had options

What do I get from this? Selling them and getting a few copper/silver/gold is better than nothing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

“BUT MAAAA, I just destroyed a sigil I wanted on accident”

That’s why Anet has confirmations. If there was a toggle, then whatever, but they will never remove all confirmations. There are people who will mess up, and then blame Anet for not refunding their mistake.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Envy.1679

What do I get from this? Selling them and getting a few copper/silver/gold is better than nothing.

Dont know dont really care. the quality of life is more important than the useless amount of currency to me as it currently is.

Razor.9872

Question:

What salvage kit do you use?

NSPride <3

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Agree with OP, only counter I would add would be to potentially up the base value of these items since they should have some value. Then it at least wouldn’t feel so bad just selling them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why is this necessary?
Because you can’t be bothered to vendor them?
What would this new rune / sigil gobbler give in return? More junk? Oh goodie (not).

How about we just add an option at the merchant to sell all runes / sigils akin to what you’re suggesting as options on this new item. Wouldn’t that be sufficient?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Dont know dont really care. the quality of life is more important than the useless amount of currency to me as it currently is.

so you’ve come up with half an idea? Nice.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Envy.1679

so you’ve come up with half an idea? Nice.

No ive come up with a complete idea while leaving the balancing to developers.

Envy.1679

Why is this necessary?
What would this new rune / sigil gobbler give in return? More junk? Oh goodie (not).

How about we just add an option at the merchant to sell all runes / sigils akin to what you’re suggesting as options on this new item. Wouldn’t that be sufficient?

So you’d rather go to a vendor instead of having it in your inventory all the time?

The reason I put “dont want to hear it” in th epost is because I expected posts just like this.

I know my Idea is good, but people will argue it even if their input is even worse than the idea in the original post. Some people have brains that are just inherently argumentative and automatically want to argue about everything. I know my idea is good. So im not going to argue “why its needed”

Same thing happened when I suggested gold be shared accross all charcters before wallets existed

“But I would never use sucha feature!”

“But I LIKE running to my bank to give gold to my other characters!! Bad idea OP!!”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/combine-gold-for-all-characters/first#post1842746 Despite me just 100% knowing my idea was good people were still saying it was bad

“I don’t really see why this is needed in the game” literally a quote from this thread equals the same thing as your "Why is this necessary? "

Same thing in this thread. Im not interested in arguing why its needed. its just a good idea. end of story.

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

yeah i like this. there are so many of those useless runes+sigs that pop out. would be nice to use them for something.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why is this necessary?

So you’d rather go to a vendor instead of having it in your inventory all the time?

I go to a vendor now. It’s not like there aren’t vendors all over the darn place. The only real exception to that is WvW.

There really wouldn’t be any point to carrying this new item in my inventory because it’d be clogging it back up with more junk for feeding it the junk sigils and runes. I suppose yay for more salvaging, except when (like the other eaters) it gives me something grey and I have to go to the vendor anyway.

I just don’t see the suggestion as a QoL improvement.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I go to a vendor now. It’s not like there aren’t vendors all over the darn place. The only real exception to that is WvW.

There really wouldn’t be any point to carrying this new item in my inventory because it’d be clogging it back up with more junk for feeding it the junk sigils and runes. I suppose yay for more salvaging, except when (like the other eaters) it gives me something grey and I have to go to the vendor anyway.

im pretty sure if the item in question pooped out more crud, then it would indeed be useless as a qol improve. so maybe it doesnt have to give you more junk.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Envy.1679

Why is this necessary?

I updated my post, doesnt look like I did it before you posted this.

Also “clogging it back up with junk” Where did you get that idea? I didnt suggest anything like that anywhere in this thread whatsoever.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

It would be easiest just to allow forging of superior runes and sigils. It would increase supply of the good runes.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why is this necessary?

The reason I put “dont want to hear it” in th epost is because I expected posts just like this.

I know my Idea is good, but people will argue it even if their input is even worse than the idea in the original post. Some people have brains that are just inherently argumentative and automatically want to argue about everything. I know my idea is good. So im not going to argue “why its needed”

Same thing happened when I suggested gold be shared accross all charcters before wallets existed

“But I LIKE running to my bank to give gold to my other characters!! Bad idea OP!!”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/combine-gold-for-all-characters/first#post1842746 Despite me just 100% knowing my idea was good people were still saying it was bad

“I don’t really see why this is needed in the game” literally a quote from this thread equals the same thing as your "Why is this necessary? "

Same thing in this thread. Im not interested in arguing why its needed. its just a good idea. end of story.

Interesting argument you’ve got there. I’ll have to use it in the future.

’I’m not interested in arguing why its needed. I was right one time before therefore I’m right again!’

I bet that will work as well for me as it does for you.

ANet may give it to you.

Envy.1679

Why is this necessary?

’I’m not interested in arguing why its needed. I was right one time before therefore I’m right again!’

Its almost like people cant learn from past experiences.

Its more, “I understand that some people will argue against even good ideas because some people are just naturally argumentative.”

And its not just once, thats just one of the things I could provide actual proof of.

Im not using that previous thread as validation, im using it as an example of how people argue against good ideas. It’s also why I don’t feel the need to argue why my idea is good. I know it is. Its an opinion. I can have one.

Your post here is completely invalid.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why is this necessary?

“Im not interested in arguing why its needed. I was right one time before therefore I’m right again!”

Its more “I know people will argue against good ideas just because people like to argue.” Also, that isnt called an argument. Thats called an opinion.

My actual argument is that sigil spam is stupid and that it should be remedied.

The part about my knowing it is a good idea is called an opinion. Learn the difference please.

If it’s an suggestion then you should be willing to argue it to refine it and make it better, not try to close down discussion by calling everyone who wants to discuss this suggestion argumentative and against it. That’s not how suggestions work. A well thought out suggestion with the problems hammered out is much more likely to be considered by ANet than some half baked idea that someone put up then refused to discuss to try to improve. They’re busy people you know, and if you don’t think the idea is worth working on then why should they?

ANet may give it to you.

Envy.1679

Why is this necessary?

“Im not interested in arguing why its needed. I was right one time before therefore I’m right again!”

Its more “I know people will argue against good ideas just because people like to argue.” Also, that isnt called an argument. Thats called an opinion.

The part about my knowing it is a good idea is called an opinion. Learn the difference please.

If it’s an suggestion then you should be willing to argue it to refine it and make it better, not try to close down discussion by calling everyone who wants to discuss this suggestion argumentative and against it. That’s not how suggestions work. A well thought out suggestion with the problems hammered out is much more likely to be considered by ANet than some half baked idea that someone put up then refused to discuss to try to improve. They’re busy people you know, and if you don’t think the idea is worth working on then why should they?

“refine it "

AKA balancing which I already stated I dont care how its a balanced that’d be up to the developers. Thats not me saying “im not willing to balance it myself” thats me understanding that if the item is considered the developers will balance it themselves if they implement it. Its a complete waste of time trying to “refine” it.

Its one thing to suggest a complete feature (which I did) its another thing to try to say exactly how it’d be balanced.

(edited by Envy.1679)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why is this necessary?

“refine it "

AKA balancing which I already stated I dont care how its a balanced that’d be up to the developers. Thats not me saying “im not willing to balance it myself” thats me understanding that if the item is considered the developers will balance it themselves if they implement it. Its a complete waste of time trying to “refine” it.

Its one thing to suggest a complete feature (which I did) its another thing to try to say exactly how it’d be balanced.

Then I agree. If the person who puts out a suggestion has no interest in discussing it to improve it and calls everyone who tries to do so argumentative then it’s no point trying to discuss it. I’m sure ANet will give it all the consideration that it deserves.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Would it be easier if anet made the copper fed salvage kit not recover sigils?

Add a tool tip warning for it and if someone accidentally salvages something important with it… tough kitten, READ THE KITTEN TOOLTIP.

PS… i actually wrote kitten, there were no covered up curse words.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There is no idea here to discuss … would it be nice to have something available to deal with sigils you didn’t want? Sure, but that’s not really an idea that can be implemented.

I don’t think right clicking the item that ate them for options would make much sense; most of those items have 25 uses and you aren’t always eating armors/weapons wtih them. It’s just as annoying to set the option for each of those as it is to sell sigils at the merchant.

Frankly, I don’t think the problem is worth addressing; it’s just a small QoL fix.

Envy.1679

There is no idea here to discuss … would it be nice to have something available to deal with sigils you didn’t want? Sure, but that’s not really an idea that can be implemented.

I don’t think right clicking the item that ate them for options would make much sense; most of those items have 25 uses and you aren’t always eating armors/weapons wtih them. It’s just as annoying to set the option for each of those as it is to sell sigils at the merchant.

Frankly, I don’t think the problem is worth addressing; it’s just a small QoL fix.

The item wouldnt disappear. You would set the option and the next time you double click it it’d eat runes and sigils based on the currently selected option. It would remain in your inventory afterwards. It would be a a big improvement IMO.

Obtena.7952

So I need another static item in my inventory JUST to eat a few sigils and runes I don’t want? Not to mention the cost associated with buying it? No thanks.

Just use the appropriate salvage kit.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You know that there are some salvaging kits that give more sigils and some give less?
If I have full inventory with a lot of collected stuff I only have a handful of sigils left after I used my copper-fed salvage-o-matic to clean my inventory.

So, I think a better and more consistent way for people that don’t want any sigils at all would be to make a salvaging kit, that does not give any i.e. blue/green sigils.

Envy.1679

So I need another static item in my inventory JUST to eat a few sigils and runes I don’t want? Not to mention the cost associated with buying it? No thanks.

If you’re telling me to salvage sigils (hope i just read that wrong) i suggest you stop posting in this thread.

Envy.1679

You know that there are some salvaging kits that give more sigils and some give less?
If I have full inventory with a lot of collected stuff I only have a handful of sigils left after I used my copper-fed salvage-o-matic to clean my inventory.

So, I think a better and more consistent way for people that don’t want any sigils at all would be to make a salvaging kit, that does not give any i.e. blue/green sigils.

Actually with this idea people are free to use mystic salvage kits (which stack at 250)without having to worry about sigil spam.

benefits:

higher quallity salavage obtained

dont have to waste inventory space on cheap slavage kits that dont stack to 250

sigil spam is gone

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d prefer the Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic stop giving sigils/runes, or had an option to not do so. (Maybe the Silver with the same option.)

There! Not so much Dev time and resources.

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

Instead of another ‘eater’ item, adding material storage for runes and sigils would help this problem immensely. Clearing stacks of 100+ runes and sigils that have accumulated is far easier than dealing with them individually, even for the laziest of us.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Instead of another ‘eater’ item, adding material storage for runes and sigils would help this problem immensely. Clearing stacks of 100+ runes and sigils that have accumulated is far easier than dealing with them individually, even for the laziest of us.

Or how about the ability to vendor them no matter where you are. You use an option on the panel like the ‘send to material storage’ but instead it says ‘send runes/sigils to vendor’. The runes/sigils all disappear and the money automatically appears in your bank.

ANet may give it to you.

Obtena.7952

If you’re telling me to salvage sigils (hope i just read that wrong) i suggest you stop posting in this thread.

No, I’m suggesting you use the appropriate salvage kit to get less sigils you don’t want.

Razor.9872

No, I’m suggesting you use the appropriate salvage kit to get less sigils you don’t want.

This is why I asked him/her what salvage kit he/she is using.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I know something better: Anet should remove sigils and runes from dropped gear below Exotic, problem solved…

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Give me a salvage kit and salvomatic that do not extract runes and sigils. Charge 1500 gems for it, problem solved !

Razor.9872

Give me a salvage kit and salvomatic that do not extract runes and sigils. Charge 1500 gems for it, problem solved !

Wouldn’t you rather have the option of a checkbox of sorta available from the copperfed? That way you could have the option to have the copper/silver-fed return runes/sigils.

NSPride <3

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

time

time which, by they way, you very often could spend making notably more money than you would get by selling them

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I sell all my sigils/runes to vendors by double-clicking each one in the vendor’s sell window, so some bulk way of selling them all would be nice. But I’m intrigued by the idea of a sigil/rune eater to add to my mawdrey/princess/herpa/star of gratitude collection. I’d probably not use it, but I enjoy acquiring gobblers.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Would it be easier if anet made the copper fed salvage kit not recover sigils?

Add a tool tip warning for it and if someone accidentally salvages something important with it… tough kitten, READ THE KITTEN TOOLTIP.

PS… i actually wrote kitten, there were no covered up curse words.

I’d be just as fine with my salvage kit salvaging blue/green sigils/runes/seals. Doesn’t have to be anything epic, could be tied to a once-per-day thing where players craft or go to a special currency vendor for (a choice of | random) rewards.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why is this necessary?

Also “clogging it back up with junk” Where did you get that idea? I didn’t suggest anything like that anywhere in this thread whatsoever.

No I didn’t see the update, yes I responded before the update.

In regards to the wallet, I think I was on board with that one to some extent. I didn’t feel it was something negative, depending on how it was done. However, that’s neither here nor there regarding this topic.

You are suggesting a new gem store feature. I am questioning the purpose of that feature and whether or not it can be achieved via another (potentially more viable) method.

No, your suggestion didn’t say anything about giving anything in return for eating the sigils / runes; however, I really don’t know anyone that is going to buy an item that is going to eat their items and give them nothing in return when they can vendor them for at least a few copper (as inconvenient as they might think it is. C’mon, people post kitten on the TP for 1 copper more than vendor price which says they very much care about getting those coppers). They are going to expect / want / demand something. At which point, if it works akin to Princess and such, you’re just going to reclog your inventory with junk, resulting in you going to a vendor anyway.

I am, in a sense, trying to suss out the full thought process behind your item and how it might (or might not) fit.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Feather.8107

Feather.8107

I would love to see a QoL improvement for dealing with runes and sigils. As someone who salvages everything, I spend a significant amount of time and clicks individually dealing with these unwanted items. If nothing else, at the very least, please have them sort to a regular or junk bag instead of clogging up the crafting materials bag.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I actually expected a fix for this in the Spring Update and was disappointed that we didn’t get it. Rather than a gobbler, a better answer would be to find a use for sigils and runes. Eg:

• Allow us to mystic forge 4 useless superior runes/sigils to a random one that might be useful.
  • Allow us to forge runes and sigils into amalgamated gemstones.
  • Give us something else we can make with large stacks of runes/sigils.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I actually expected a fix for this in the Spring Update and was disappointed that we didn’t get it. Rather than a gobbler, a better answer would be to find a use for sigils and runes. Eg:

• Allow us to mystic forge 4 useless superior runes/sigils to a random one that might be useful.
  • Allow us to forge runes and sigils into amalgamated gemstones.
  • Give us something else we can make with large stacks of runes/sigils.

I’d just as soon have a ‘vendor all runes/sigils’ button. Either at the merchant or as an option on my inventory panel (like the ‘deposit all’ button, but they vendor instead of deposit even if you’re nowhere near a vendor) so no matter where I am I can vendor them all at once, clear out my inventory and get the money for them.

ANet may give it to you.

Envy.1679

Why is this necessary?

Also “clogging it back up with junk” Where did you get that idea? I didn’t suggest anything like that anywhere in this thread whatsoever.

No I didn’t see the update, yes I responded before the update.

In regards to the wallet, I think I was on board with that one to some extent. I didn’t feel it was something negative, depending on how it was done. However, that’s neither here nor there regarding this topic.

You are suggesting a new gem store feature. I am questioning the purpose of that feature and whether or not it can be achieved via another (potentially more viable) method.

No, your suggestion didn’t say anything about giving anything in return for eating the sigils / runes; however, I really don’t know anyone that is going to buy an item that is going to eat their items and give them nothing in return when they can vendor them for at least a few copper (as inconvenient as they might think it is. C’mon, people post kitten on the TP for 1 copper more than vendor price which says they very much care about getting those coppers). They are going to expect / want / demand something. At which point, if it works akin to Princess and such, you’re just going to reclog your inventory with junk, resulting in you going to a vendor anyway.

I am, in a sense, trying to suss out the full thought process behind your item and how it might (or might not) fit.

“You are suggesting a new gem store feature. " another thing I never said.

" I really don’t know anyone that is going to buy an item" An argument based on something i never said. Also making assumptions about what other players will spend money on. Assumptions within assumptions.

“you’re just going to reclog your inventory with junk” The same thing I just told you I never said. Its also almost as if you think itll be impossible to work around that and make it not produce junk.

The purpose of the item is to remove sigil/rune spam in a more efficient way than currently exists. you keep making assumptions that happen to be negative and using those assumptions to say “no this item isnt needed”

Would other ways to fix the same problem exist? certainly. but thats not a sound argument to shut down this way. This isnt directed at you, but in general, you cant say a solution wont work because theres also other solutions.

(edited by Envy.1679)