An observation (and a little bit of thanks).

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gwaymor.4835

Gwaymor.4835

As a not so successful player (have touched, but exactly that – have touched PvP, never been in a WvW), getting constantly frustrated with what’s being done to my favorite weapon, which is the Great Sword, across all the professions – I nevertheless got want to thank the developers of the game: the combat mechanic you’ve created here is, IN PRINCIPLE, absolutely unique. After trying other games, both single and multiplayer, and having played GW2 (if only PvE), I find myself playing the other games INFINITELY better than before and, as a consequence, swiftly bored by those other games and their combat mechanics. Those are simply… well… too simple now:). And boring.
Having to time my attacks, blocks, evades and whatnot (and not just trading punches with whatever is there, hoping I’m not crushed before I get my way), and knowing I AM ABLE to nail the timing if I’m good is a UNIQUE gratification.
Pity I’m THIS bad at GW2, despite having received more than ample counseling by the community… and the way you, the developers, treat my favorite weapon… but still – “THIS ONE” thanks you very much for creating a game which has as a mechanic close to real life sword play – to the point where I can’t master both the one AND the other:).

P.S. Apologies for my way of expressing myself – not a native English speaker, but doing my best.

P.P.S. NOT a fanboy’s praise – just a thankful observation.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Glad to hear that your skills have increased! It’s always a good feeling to get better at anything you work at.

On a side note, you don’t have to waste time dodging or using any of your skills like block/evade/blind. Just equip zerk armor/weapons and everything dies in 2 seconds. No skill required.

Gwaymor.4835

Well… I realize I was being totally banal now.
Still hoping there’s more to the game than equipping the combination of “power, precision, ferocity”… which, by the way, I very much like and do all the time, but as of now, still have to use my brains AND reflexes in orders to survive THE WAY I WANT in this game.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Everything does not die in 2 seconds. Some things take clearly more than that, especially when being attacked by just one person.

Teragriffs are rather fun to fight, unless there are three of them.

OP, just have fun and play the way you like.

Gwaymor.4835

I’ll certainly try (my best):).