And As I read...

And As I read...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suuns.9203

Suuns.9203

First, I love this game. I don’t really know why but it’s stunning and habit forming. The world is beautiful, Characters and professions are unique and original, personally I have not played any mmos which has such interesting character development, quest competition, Events, raids and ofc the Graphics – which are astonishing! On the other hand the game lacks some confidence, polish and content…
Every time I log on Forums I see negative posts about something not working and that something is broken, or there is not enough creativeness added to professions/LS/spvp/WvW/PVE/World also the game economics being screwed and the new features added wrongly (not what players want). Now I know that its off topic BUT whenever I log on WoW forums or EVEN wowhead site… ppl are happy on every update there is up to come. compared to world of warcraft, this game has much more to propose because its new type of mmo, new mmo era has started and GW2 has had much to offer and intrigue us, BUT we are here now, QQing on every single update, crying on every nerf and buff. I’m getting the feeling that players understand this game more than devs sadly… I wish good future to this game and don’t want to give it up… something has to be done.

And As I read...

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m getting the feeling that players understand this game more than devs sadly… I wish good future to this game and don’t want to give it up… something has to be done.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

And As I read...

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

I’m getting the feeling that players understand this game more than devs sadly… I wish good future to this game and don’t want to give it up… something has to be done.

Actually, I have the reverse feeling in the majority of cases. There are a few posters who are reasoned, articulate, and can even change my initial opinion on their subject, but I see a lot more posters arguing for their particular corner of the game without regard for how it affects the game or playerbase as a whole.

And As I read...

Astraea.6075

Every time I log on Forums I see negative posts

I think I’ve found your problem… there is a very vocal minority on the forums that are having too much fun bashing a game that most of them admit they haven’t played in months.

Play the game and enjoy it for what it is. Offer feedback on the things you don’t enjoy (and the things you do enjoy if you feel so inclined), but don’t let the negative posts affect your enjoyment by dwelling on them too much.

And As I read...

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I sincerely believe that most Patches ruined the game rather improving it.
Reading the forum seems many people thinks the same.

Now this is not my first mmorpg (L2, granado espada, and Others to name some) and i never complained about Patches….

I like this game but Patches are ruining it for me.

P.S. forums are not a vocal minority….that is the common excuse of people that deson t want to accept ideas different from their being the real minority.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

And As I read...

Astraea.6075

I sincerely believe that most Patches ruined the game rather improving it.
Reading the forum seems many people thinks the same.

Now this is not my first mmorpg (L2, granado espada, and Others to name some) and i never complained about Patches….

I like this game but Patches are ruining it for me.

P.S. forums are not a vocal minority….that is the common excuse of people that deson t want to accept ideas different from their being the real minority.

And the members of my guild seem to be enjoying most patches that have been released lately… however, this doesn’t diminish the fact that you (and many others) aren’t enjoying them. It’s always going to be hard to please everybody, but I do think ANet have made some good improvements based on the feedback they received from the earlier patches.

I wasn’t saying that the forums are a “vocal minority”, but that there was a very vocal group of negative posters who will happily critique the latest patch without having even logged on for months. I don’t see these types of complaints as adding any value to these forums or the game.

And As I read...

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I have a total opposite experience from yours…
From my experience of a big guild and a T1 server with very high population, i hear people complaining a lot about PATCHES and how anet never disregard the playerbase (see PS).

That s it! about Patches….while when i started at release everyone praising this game with a really small minority complaining.

P.S. most of the CDI doesn t really consider players but just minor issues…see vertical progression to name something.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

And As I read...

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well the only patch I would disagree with is the addition of ascended gear. Everything else has been just gravy.

Maybe you could give some examples which patches your huge T1 guild dislikes?

One – Piken Square

And As I read...

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

This happens on all game forums. You can find this much negativity on WoW’s general forums as well. If you REALLY wanna see unchecked bashing, try the Diablo 3 forums about a year or so ago. That was out of control.

I’ve learned to steer clear of forums, unless i have a question or i’m looking for a build. I’d advise anyone who dislikes the negative vibe most posters put out, to do the same.

Nobody can tell YOU what to enjoy or like, so do what makes YOU happy.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

And As I read...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So you are claiming that more than 1,75 million people uses these forums?
Because if not, then it is not a majority.

The vast majority of the posts made here are from the same maybe 50 posters, while in the game I see new players more or less daily, which would amount to WAY more people than those 50 of us posting on the forums.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

And As I read...

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

So you are claiming that more than 1,75 million people uses these forums?
Because if not, then it is not a majority.

The vast majority of the posts made here are from the same maybe 50 posters, while in the game I see new players more or less daily, which would amount to WAY more people than those 50 of us posting on the forums.

I have to agree with this post. I have been using the forums from the beginning. Almost every negative thread ends up with the same people bashing the game. I belong to a medium sized guild, about 100 people. I can say that out of that 100, 80 usually enjoy the new content. Now that 80 people changes between each release so it doesn’t stay the same. So to say the forums isn’t a Vocal minority is to be blind to the amount of people that play this game as a whole.

Hjorje

And As I read...

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

I never try to bash anyone’s opinions, and as you said, I want always start my post with how much I love this game, and all directions it is heading. I think the “QQ” that may come up a lot is about people wanting change, ANet has said many things they do will be based off what the people want, sadly people will not always agree and a bit a trolling will happen. In the end it is worth the struggle though, because ANet is listening and will give clarification and will even make changes based of characters. For example they were going to take out player rank in the upcoming PVP expansion but players took to the forums and expressed anger about the situation, ANet is now keeping Rank. I think people show a little more QQ because they know Anet gives a crap compared to WOW.