And the Queensdale was empty

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

This happened today at Queensdale:

I had really fun time in new area Silverwastes. I spent in there hours and did all kind of fun stuff in there. It started to be logoff time to me, so I decide to jump to the Queensdale and my character was loading up that map just in time to see conversation what was happening in the Queensdale map.

- Oh well, no SB today then. Here was only two of us in here, says one player
- What IS this SB, says another one
- It is this map’s world boss, but here wasn’t anybody, just us. Lets continue your hearts, I just wanted to show you something exciting in this map. Sorry about that…
- It’s ok…

Yes, in that moment I really felt bad. There were couple guys, brothers/sisters perhaps or just friends. Another one wanted to show something nice and cool for new one, and it never happens. I could feel his/hers dissapointment. I even taste it.

I had so fun in new area, and someone who was learning to play this game didn’t have so fun at all. Because there wasn’t enough players to do what they wanted to do.

I started to run that map around and what I saw, was empty, barren world. Nobody was in there. All the events were on, and no one was doing them. And that moment I think by myself: “Welcome to the game. I hope you enjoy it more later”.

This was a true story, unfortunately.

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

You tasted someone’s disappointment?

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

All events can basically be done alone on that map with the exception of SB.

Some reasons why the map may have been empty:
You could have been on a overflow map meaning main population was on another map
No one was talking
Player population changes non-stop on different maps
New map + easy farming = everyone seems to be there.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve only done SB a time or two since mega-server came out. One was last week, and the event was heavily populated. However, world bosses occur every three hours. It seems likely that there will be some spawn times that will see lesser numbers due to player sleep and work cycles. Guaranteeing that any given map will always be heavily populated at all times is just not going to happen.

Still, the situation seems odd. Are you sure the three hour timer was right for SB to appear? I know that Svanir pre-events occur in Wayfarer Foothills a lot more often than three hours, but the Champ Svanir only pops on the timer.

That said, I have also seen relatively few players in any of the starter zones in the few times I’ve been there since the zones were nerfed. Taking away any reason for max level characters to be there (other than hanging with someone who’s starting) was guaranteed to reduce the population of the starter zones.

Ilmatar.6709

All events can basically be done alone on that map with the exception of SB.

Some reasons why the map may have been empty:
You could have been on a overflow map meaning main population was on another map
No one was talking
Player population changes non-stop on different maps
New map + easy farming = everyone seems to be there.

Yes, it is true, Those poor fellows could have been in overflow map, but still it does not cure those guys bad feeling. It is not make them feel better. They were not able to move more populated map, if there was not even one kind soul who was taxi’ing people to more populated one. So they were stuck in empty one.

Even Megaserver is good improvement, it also shows unfriendly faces too for new ones in this kind of situations.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

i feel like this is a lie

The person asked what the shadow behemoth was….which means it didn’t spawn at all? They could have at least gotten the pre done to show him what it was. The event still happens even if there are only 2 people there.

I have been world boss training all day, and on each of my 5 Shadow Behemoth kills there were at least 50+ killing him.

maybe the person is mis-informed about world boss timers and it wasn’t even the right time for the boss anyways

idk, something seems fishy

Ilmatar.6709

I’ve only done SB a time or two since mega-server came out. One was last week, and the event was heavily populated. However, world bosses occur every three hours. It seems likely that there will be some spawn times that will see lesser numbers due to player sleep and work cycles. Guaranteeing that any given map will always be heavily populated at all times is just not going to happen.

Still, the situation seems odd. Are you sure the three hour timer was right for SB to appear? I know that Svanir pre-events occur in Wayfarer Foothills a lot more often than three hours, but the Champ Svanir only pops on the timer.

That said, I have also seen relatively few players in any of the starter zones in the few times I’ve been there since the zones were nerfed. Taking away any reason for max level characters to be there (other than hanging with someone who’s starting) was guaranteed to reduce the population of the starter zones.

I checked out, and it was definetly SB time going on.

So there might be more populated map going on, but they were stuck in empty one. They didn’t have any tool or help to get more populated map. There weren’t any Taxi going on to more populated map. Maybe SB was even done in other map, if there were any. Maybe another map was full, and this map were made just for those guys.

I think they both were rather new one, so I think they didn’t even know how to use LFG tool either.

I remember how in Guild Wars 1 players were able to choose another district. That would be good tool in Megaserver too. So Taxi’s would not be needed if player could just choose another district/map and problem would be solved.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I checked out, and it was definetly SB time going on.

So there might be more populated map going on, but they were stuck in empty one. They didn’t have any tool or help to get more populated map. There weren’t any Taxi going on to more populated map. Maybe SB was even done in other map, if there were any. Maybe another map was full, and this map were made just for those guys.

I think they both were rather new one, so I think they didn’t even know how to use LFG tool either.

I remember how in Guild Wars 1 players were able to choose another district. That would be good tool in Megaserver too. So Taxi’s would not be needed if player could just choose another district/map and problem would be solved.

There are times when Tequatl, Sand Giant, or 3 headed wurm will also be going on during SB….so it may have been that

but still i have not been to an SB that does not get killed yet in the last 3-4 weeks since coming back

you can’t blame Anet for people playing at non peak hours, thats just the way she goes