@Anet - Are you going to screw us over?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

I dont know if you have read the forums, the twitch chat or the comments on Youtube.

So I ask: What will I get from the 500 skill points I have? They will be turned into “mystic forge materials”, but that can be so much.

Can you PLEASE clarify exactly what we will get?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They will be turned into a currency that you can use to buy Mystic Forge stuff. Exactly like you can do now.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Pandeh.5248

They will be turned into a currency that you can use to buy Mystic Forge stuff. Exactly like you can do now.

Can you give us a source for that statement?

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It was in the stream. Pretty much it will maintain it’s current functionality, just that it’s going to be turned into an account wide currency.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In that case, it would be nice if the currency went into the wallet

Pandeh.5248

It was in the stream. Pretty much it will maintain it’s current functionality, just that it’s going to be turned into an account wide currency.

So how will we obtain this new currency going forward?

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Didn’t they state that events will now give skill points now since we wont get them by leveling anymore. Champion bags also drop them.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They stated in the stream that the currency will still drop from champ bags, as well as other sources, and it will be a true currency, going in the wallet. I don’t know the exact time but it was when they were joking about calling the new currency ‘Djinngots’.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

In other words. Its still going to be A LOT of work using them all for those of us who have been saving/ignoring them.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

We’ll basically get “Djinngots” where we get skill scrolls now, maybe a bit more frequently to make up for the lack of skill points for leveling past 80.

As to converting the “excess” Skill Points we now have, they never actually said they’d become Djinngots, but doing that instead of turning them into materials directly solves a LOT of potential problems and is the natural way to go. No storage space issues from the sudden conversion, and no complaints of “I got too much of Item A and not enough of Item B!”

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

The answer to this question is always yes