Anet Fix Your LFG Tool - Please Respond!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

Getting sick to death of getting kicked from my own LFG by some idiot joining then leaving instantly with my description. That or some idiot merges with my party and the description is lost again. It’s hard enough when the majority of people can’t read or think I will accept them when they do not meet my requirements!

Please can you fix this so that my party is not disbanded or at least the description is not lost. Maybe you could add a prompt so that when you are the only party member remaining you have to click either yes or no as to whether or not you still wish to post the party in LFG.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if ppl don’t use alien language like ppl do now i might have sympathy but as long as that doesn’t happen, no.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i dont believe its anet’s fault if pll cant read “100cm Tittle food pots x classes”.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

i dont believe its anet’s fault if pll cant read “100cm Tittle food pots x classes”.

“100 centimetre tiny food pots multiplied by classes”

totally baffles me why some people can’t read that too /s

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Itz Jay.8941

if ppl don’t use alien language like ppl do now i might have sympathy but as long as that doesn’t happen, no.

Like the language you are speaking? I mean I can read it but it doesn’t make sense. If there is a LFG posted and you can’t understand it, you probably don’t meet the requirements. So you join it anyway then find out you don’t meet the requirements and you leave, why should the party leaders group get disbanded? Like you, it doesn’t make sense, it’s a pointless flaw.

Of course its not anet’s fault if you can’t read, I’m asking for some stand against people purposefully or not joining parties just to disband them. Happens to me multiple times in LFG, sometimes people even merge with my party then kick me out. Gets pretty annoying while I’m having to write a new LFG description 5+ times whilst trying to complete open world.

It’s a pretty easy fix a lot of people I have seen have problems with it, it’s not like I’m asking for a million pounds here.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It does seem a pity that rather than creating an “ownership” system for a party, ANet chose to go with, well, whatever it is that we have now. If the party initiator owned: (a) the party listing and description in LFG; and (b) the instance (if entering instanced content), and if ownership transferred if the owner left the party/instance, there would be less opportunity for group or instance hijacking. As far as party merges go, the initiator of the group joining would pass ownership to the group initiator being joined.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

And then we would be back to -hey guys I started this, need to do something afk for 10 mins leave or finish without me.

Itz Jay.8941

And then we would be back to -hey guys I started this, need to do something afk for 10 mins leave or finish without me.

What the kitten are you talking about?

If you are talking about people doing sPvP matches or something with a LFG up what relevance has that got to what I am saying? Did you even read my posts?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Every system is likely going to bring possible abuses. I’d rather have that one then the one the OP describes, or the one where people join a group someone else started and decide to kick them.

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

There’s a fix for that lol. I think in sPvP I went afk for at least 5 mins because I needed bathroom break (should have done it before lining up but I was stubborn) when I got back I was autokicked. Maybe anet could do the same for instanced areas. It would waste your 5 minutes but hey at least it’s an assured 5 minutes instead of being stuck for like 30 if the party leader is just too much of an kitten and the other members just dont want to leave because objective is near.

Edit: Weird censoring on afk so I rewrote it

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Oh here I thought we were talking about dungeons and fractals my bad.
Will for sure always be sure to become party leader in my own lfg so it wont be abused by anyone else for sure.
+ bringing 2 friends will solve the kicking issue aswell.

OP your whole problem can be prevented by bringing 1 friend so your not the sole person searching.

It sounded like you wanted a even more restrictive party leader system then what we had before .
Were you accept people or reject them before they even get into you party.

Itz Jay.8941

Really don’t understand what you guys are blabbering about, I can already make a party and go play sPvP or go AFK so please explain what your point is? And how implementing my request would make this any worse than it already can be?

Actually read my posts, I am not asking to have a LFG that has a designated leader that cannot be kicked whatsoever. I am fully aware of the fact that this would be abused. Not only that, I have had to kick people out of their own party for not meeting their own requirements. I.e not enough AR in 100.

What I am asking for is that either your description is saved in the LFG system after some idiot joins your party just to leave, thus kicking you out, or, a prompt be added so that when you are the last person remaining in your LFG you have to answer yes/no before the party is disbanded.

If you want to talk about the pro’s and con’s of having a designated party leader that cannot be kicked, actually explain what the kitten you are talking about, otherwise don’t change the subject, read, and acknowledge what I have clearly explained this post it about.

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Remove “suppressed” from lfg. Need to change group name often when leading raids.

Itz Jay.8941

“Your message was suppressed due to excessive messaging”

Just had 3 different people join my LFG for fractals, one left after a minute, the other two left instantly and now I cant even post my LFG.

You seriously think there is no problem here? I am sick of having my time wasted.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I agree, it’s super annoying when someone who will be your first team member randomly joins your party and then leave, as your whole party searching will be cancelling.
Wtf really?

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

There’s a workaround I use: highlight the whole message and copy it (ctrl-c) to the Windows clipboard (if you’re running on a Windows device).

If I expect to have to do it with the same message a lot (like when I’m waiting days for a partner for a specific achievement), then I paste the text into a text editor, for use later.

(edited by Daddicus.6128)