Anet Game Card ever?

Anet Game Card ever?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Will Anet ever consider making and distributing game cards? Is there anyone besides me that would want to use them? Note it would have to pay for expansions not just cash shop stuff. It would have to be sold at GameStop or Walmart because I don’t have a 7-11. Target would be okay too.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What do you mean by a game card? Those usually are to get time in a game, right? So they work for subscription games where people have to keep paying for access and would not work for this game’s purchase model.

If you mean a card that gives you gems (to get things in the gem shop), those do exist and have from the beginning.

I’m not sure they could manage a gift card that acts as cash for your account, especially since the only things they take direct payments for are accounts (including expansion upgrades) and gems … if you’re just looking for a way to give the expansion to someone else, you can buy the code (including via a physical box at places like GameStop) and send it to them for them to use.

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I think op is saying they dont have a credit card, but arent there temp cards you can get to buy stuff?

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I don’t think it would make sense to sell the expansion on a card—Just buy a boxed copy of the expansion when it’s available. A box is what people expect, so a card doesn’t really bring anything new or better to the offering.

Another option is to look around for pre-paid debit cards. It wouldn’t be specific to GW2, but a lot of credit/debit card companies sell prepaid cards that are great to give as universal gift cards that can be spent anywhere that takes credit/debit cards. They’re also good if you’re too young for a credit card, don’t want to give your information to a company, or can’t use a card for any other reason.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Here’s what I did to get around the credit/debit card issue.

Since the expansion is being sold on Amazon, I took my stack of cash down to my local drug store (Walgreen’s in my case) and got an Amazon gift card, one with a variable amount, Got home, redeemed the gift card on Amazon, bought the expansion. Entered the game code here, and done.

I do have plenty of credit cards, but I didn’t want the game purchase to show up on a bill that I would have to explain later. Married men will understand this.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Just buy a boxed copy of the expansion when it’s available.

This is very unlikely to happen. NCSoft isn’t providing any money to help distribute HoT, so don’t expect a physical boxed copy available at retailers anytime soon or ever.

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Just buy a boxed copy of the expansion when it’s available.

This is very unlikely to happen. NCSoft isn’t providing any money to help distribute HoT, so don’t expect a physical boxed copy available at retailers anytime soon or ever.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?

A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

But I hear box copy probably only have code inside not CD.

;)

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I wish there was a gem store thing for GW1. Hate credit cards so there isn’t any way for me to buy anything for that game.

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I wish there was a gem store thing for GW1. Hate credit cards so there isn’t any way for me to buy anything for that game.

Have you considered a prepaid card? It’s basically a gift card that works like a credit/debit card. You just buy it at a store, and when it runs out of money on it, most will let you either refill it or (more likely) trash it. You never give your actual credit card/bank information to the issuer (buy the prepaid card with cash if you really want to be sure,) so there’s not much room for surprises.

It’s basically a burner credit card, cash in card form.

Anyway, they seem pretty convenient to me if you don’t like regular cards, but need to purchase something online.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Anet Game Card ever?

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I don’t trust the prepaid cards. I have no way of telling what is a prepaid card and the real deal. When I tried something like that once they wanted the same info you would be asked if applying for a real credit card. Maybe I picked up the wrong one. I have no idea what the right one would be. And what if they cheat me? Who would I report to?

With a game card I really do not have to give any personal information. My phone number is mine to keep. My address mine. Etc.

I did not exclusively say I wanted to pay for HoT. I said “future expansions.” A lot of you think the world ends at HoT and there is nothing else.

I want my favorite game represented at GameStop. I favor that store over the new age digital obsession. If GameStop is not cooperating I can understand. But I’m very afraid of loosing them and they provide jobs for USA citizens where digital online downloads do not.

As far as Amazon is concerned I shop there a lot. Using a CoinStar I can get an Amazon prepaid ticket and put money down. Again it is a matter of trust. I try not to buy anything expensive or important to me from Amazon case something it goes wrong. And for those who might read this and try the CoinStar method please note that not all CoinStars are set up to do the Amazon ticket but many of the newer ones are. CoinStar is a coin counting machine found at the front of almost every grocery store in the United States.

I also post on guildwars2guru.