Anet! Its time to change!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Hey guys, I come here to express my opinion about the Guildwars2 nowadays.
Have many topics about this, but Anet need to see a lot of this to start think about what they are doing with the game.
I always talking with guild mates and friends in Gw2 and all the people are still thinking the same things about the game, so I believe the community its thinking the same, and now reading the forums i can see it better.

The thing I really love in Guildwars2 is the combat system. I want to stay in this game, but I need the Anet to work better in their content.

I’ll resume some topics about improvement here.

Gemstore
- This game its now about money(real money) and luck.
- New Gem trade system is a fail.
- Skins and outfits, black lion box. I understand how Anet want to work with them. Its good in the moment. But they need to improve the PVE reward system, make more account bound items that you can farm only in PVE and you need work hard to get them. Making the people stay in the game and have more objectives for a long time.

PVE
- I want to see how Raids will be. I’m excited for this.
- With raids, its time to work the reward system in PVE to be more solid and not about lucky.
- Precursor crafting, this should have happened!
- Hall of monuments its a good idea to work again in GW2.
- Pets in GW2 are useless, they are only of achievement, and you pay for them. You don’t need to hunt them (with this you have more content for players). But i think Anet will never change this.
- 3 years of game, and Anet didn’t open this map, Will I need to wait 5 or 10 years to see the crystal desert?

Competitive
PVP
For me its good in the moment but
You can create more maps.
Work in the hot join system, people leaving teams and manipulating the team composition to win its not good.
sPVP and tPVP is good for me in the moment.

WvW
- This its the worst thing for me until now.
- Play for points its not competitive. Its like a PVE farm, but we farm points.
- Many of my guild mates (50% of the guild) moved to ARCHAGE only because in the endgame Guilds have more competition. And you can kill other players in the game. And Archage have a worst combat system than Guildwars2.
- I saw many competitive guilds of Guildwars2 moving to Archage too.
- You’ll say that its all about community working together to win. Wtf! I want to kill, not points and rewards in the end of the season. In a game called Guildwars I don’t see guilds fighting each other.
- Maybe its time to come back with the Gw1 GvG or complete rework the Guildwars2 WvW. You should work your maths to remove the zerg from the game. I’ll prefer to defend a tower for 15, 30 minutes from other guild and not do a PvD, get the lord and run to the next tower, in this eternal cycle, its boring. Sometimes we play WvW for hours to get a nice fight.
- And Roaming solo in WvW, I will not even comment, You get huge outnumbered or zerged all the time.

The most troubling I have noticed is how new players come into my guild and a few months since completing your goals and do not believe they have more to do and leave the Guildwars to go to other games.
I want to see other players opinion too. Hope my tips help too.
And English its not my main language, maybe i wrote something wrong.

Resume: Anet, you need to inspire in Gw1 and you’ll be good!

Subdrop
SA Guardian

(edited by Tiale.2430)

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Note: They’re adding the custom slider back to the new gemstore.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

This is good! Yesterday i saw many people rage quiting of TS when they saw the new trading system.
hahahah

Subdrop
SA Guardian

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

They said they will add it soon. And soon means in Anet language maybe in about 1 year.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Slider may confuse new players.

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

They said they will add it soon. And soon means in Anet language maybe in about 1 year.

soon also means never in Anet langauge.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They said they will add it soon. And soon means in Anet language maybe in whenever they feel like it.

Fixed for you.

They said GW2 would come out soon in 2010. They released in 2012 full of bugs and glitches in the latter third of the game.

They said they’ll bring Season 1 to permanence soon. 6 months have passed, still nothing.

They said they’ll get back to us on the personal story changes soon. 6 (or is it 7 now) weeks and nothing.

“Soon” in Anet time can mean “anytime.”

You may get it tomorrow, in a year, or the day before ArenaNet calls for bankruptcy and closes GW1/2 servers.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

You all have problems with your spelling, it is alarming. Please. It’s not soon, not Soon, not “soon”, not “anytime”, nor any other word. With ArenaNet we simply write:

Soon™

As in example: “I will buy gems with real money from you … Soon™. Now how about that quality content? or just any content?”.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

- This game its now about money(real money) and luck.

The game is about having fun. Thinking it’s about spending money and/or luck is an indication that someone is only playing for rewards and also thinking that one has to have the game’s long term goals as soon as possible.

- New Gem trade system is a fail.

Fix incoming, time unknown.

- Skins and outfits, black lion box. I understand how Anet want to work with them. Its good in the moment. But they need to improve the PVE reward system, make more account bound items that you can farm only in PVE and you need work hard to get them. Making the people stay in the game and have more objectives for a long time.

Since some people do play for rewards, I’ll agree that the game is light on long-term goals — for those who play a lot.

PVE

- I want to see how Raids will be. I’m excited for this.

Not me. Raids were a blight on my life that I’m glad I broke away from.

- With raids, its time to work the reward system in PVE to be more solid and not about lucky.

RNG in MMO’s will never go away completely. MMO rewards are about the developer trying to make the long-term goals as lengthy as possible to keep people around. RNG is one way to do this. The alternative, collecting tokens, requires time-gating or those who play more than the time they would give to a full-time job will finish too quickly.

- Precursor crafting, this should have happened!

Indifferent to this if it’s an additional way to get one. Based on how Legendary and Ascended crafting work, it’s not something I’d do.

- Hall of monuments its a good idea to work again in GW2.

The Hall worked in GW because of promised benefits in GW2. Absent a GW3, what would serve as the carrot to make the HoM grind worthwhile? I could see a display of accomplishments in the home instance working, as some people like MMO housing.

- 3 years of game, and Anet didn’t open this map, Will I need to wait 5 or 10 years to see the crystal desert?

I’d love to see the CD. However, minor nitpick — the game has been out for 2 years, 59 days. Rounding would mean 2 years, not 3.

Responses in italics.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

They said they’ll bring Season 1 to permanence soon. 6 months have passed, still nothing.

They said they’ll get back to us on the personal story changes soon. 6 (or is it 7 now) weeks and nothing.

“Soon” in Anet time can mean “anytime.”

You may get it tomorrow, in a year, or the day before ArenaNet calls for bankruptcy and closes GW1/2 servers.

1. It hasn’t been 6 months , it has only been at the most 5 moths and since S1 was temporary, do you think it’s that easy to just re-release it, first, those were open world events(for the most part), now they will have to be turned into instanced events, and most likely be recoded.

2. they have to rework the entire last 2 sets of story missions, it took them probably 6 – 9 months to do the work that was released on 9/9, don’t expect it to be fixed instantly. They have over lapping teams that work concurrently on projects(i.e. 4 LS teams working on 4 different episodes at once, etc.). So the team that redid the Personal Story was moved on to something else, and now has to go back and rework what they already completed, stopping work on what ever project they had been assigned to.

3. You seem to forget that Arena.net is 100% owned by NCSoft and uses the NCSoft Data Centers for games, if Arena.net goes bankrupt that means NCSoft would have to go bankrupt…now if you meant just shuttering their doors, that’s a different scenario, and NCSoft has no reason to shut down GW1/2 as long as they keep making money or have insignificant costs.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

1. I was rounding. And no, I don’t think so. My point was that they said “soon” for it, but it’s not going to be most people’s interpretations of “soon”.

2. I highly doubt that it took that long. I think you’re overestimating how much time it takes to do stuff in development. Consider that each Season 1 release was created from scratch in four months each. So reorganizing and altering a bit of text and entry points no doubt is not 6-9 months of work. Also given that with Escape from Lion’s Arch and Battle for Lion’s Arch they did the exact same thing for all story instances taking place in LA (or having an entryway at LA) – which is at least 18 instances if memory serves me right. But my comment was not about the actual fixing of the storyline, but explaining the situation. It would take a few days at best to track down the person who decided to do this and get his/her view on why it would be done best that way.

3. I was not being entirely serious about that, you know, but was stating it to make a point. That “soon” can easily end up meaning never because GW1/2 servers shut down before it can be completed or even reached on their list of to-dos.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.