Anet Listen...

Anet Listen...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I give u a great promo idea for ur game now

around 2 months before u laungh your HOT you restart the full LS story from season 1 to Season 2 skip all that grind content!! give people nostalgia rewards.

a new LS chapter every 4 Days (Im a Doctor not a Mathematician JIM !) so maybe u need calculate better then me the timing.

Positive effects are a great PR

all Player new and Old are Happy

The streamers who all just joined you will go wild and stream ur glory like mad man

You make People Hungry to see more of the LS (In HOT !) so they buy it
Old Player remember how great the LS was (without the grind)

fears you may have …OH god nobdody use gems to buy the old LS ! Newsflash People dont miss what they never saw, and this replay since people only has 4 days to do it is a kind of motivation to get it since some people didnt finish all.

a Other big bonus is you dont need create new content just reuse what u done

second nobody feel boring… NOBODY

just look where the LS was grindy cut those parts out and give Laurel boxes or mastery points or what ever in exchange.

Make it a Party

Hope u like this Idea

and I would not mind a Precursor as a gift in exchange thats how humble i am.

thanks for reading

BALSA

(ps ofc IMO all not speaking for everybody yaya)

(edited by Balsa.3951)

Anet Listen...

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Dahell did I just read?

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

Dahell did I just read?

i don’t know

although i think the gist of it is to bring back LS season 1 and 2 to rise HoT sales

Anet Listen...

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Dahell did I just read?

Somebody begging Anet for a precursor, I believe.

Aside from that, they already stated that LW S1 is taking a backseat until HoT is finished and released. They will eventually rework and release it. I never got to experience it, since I joined too late, but as long as it eventually comes out then I’ll be fine.

Anet Listen...

Balsa.3951

hey guys I just trying to help

and who likes work for free lift his arm and come to my house I have work for u :P

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Actually I was thinking that ANet should rerun season one once a year every year, real fast. This would give everyone who missed it a chance to see it and they wouldn’t have to try to put it in the gemstore as a series of instances.

Instead of the weeks for each step, maybe 2 or 3 days, pushing through it fast.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I am sure we would all love to see Season 1 brought back.
But what has me confused is: “skip all the grind content”.

I played through most of season 1, and don’t remember any grind content. The events were there and I could do them at will during the time they were available, but there was nothing that I was forced to grind. Can you please clarify this please? Thanks!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Anet Listen...

Balsa.3951

Actually I was thinking that ANet should rerun season one once a year, real fast. This would give everyone who missed it a chance to see it and they wouldn’t have to try to put it in the gemstore as a series of instances.

Instead of the weeks for each step, maybe 2 or 3 days, pushing through it fast.

exactly !

why wasteing great content. I just imagine a new Player who heard of the Living World and then he is here 4 -5 months nothing new happen till HOT comes. While older players tell u about the marionete fight and Scarlets Airship holofight. How u even can get Season 3 without knowing 1 and 2

Thank u man

Anet Listen...

Balsa.3951

I played through most of season 1, and don’t remember any grind content. The events were there and I could do them at will during the time they were available, but there was nothing that I was forced to grind. Can you please clarify this please? Thanks!

yes sure i love too.

for example do u remember those Knights when scarlet attacked ?
we all hoped and killed them many times for a blue green or red crystal someting so we can build the backpiece.

so People often only did those many many times I still want those Knights but I dont want a grind for luck to get those crystals. Or higher the rate that nobody need kill them 100 times to get his backpiece

(which i totally support everybody can have)

Anet Listen...

Balsa.3951

or the Halo and devils Horn Grind (finding those things everywhere in LA)

and some other content filler to make the LS parts last 2 weeks as there designed for

only core story and best of fights

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

“Before HoT release, redo LS 1 and 2 with loyality rewards”. Yes?

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Aside from that, they already stated that LW S1 is taking a backseat until HoT is finished and released. They will eventually rework and release it.

Nice, can I get a source please?
I loved S1

Anet Listen...

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Actually bringing back S1 before HoT isn’t a bad idea actually… depends on if they’d have time or man power. So I’d +1, although I’m certain I’m not getting the full scope of OPs suggestion.
Although the ideal would be that we’d have S1 as repeatable content in the style of S2 (although ANet seems rather defeatist about doing so)

Anet Listen...

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

yes sure i love too.

for example do u remember those Knights when scarlet attacked ?
we all hoped and killed them many times for a blue green or red crystal someting so we can build the backpiece.

so People often only did those many many times I still want those Knights but I dont want a grind for luck to get those crystals. Or higher the rate that nobody need kill them 100 times to get his backpiece

(which i totally support everybody can have)

Aaaah gotcha.

So you mean doing the same content over and over for a completely optional backpiece? I didn’t much care for that one so I never went for it. Sure it was ascended, and has the benefit of the extra stats, but there were other options available, so it wasn’t exactly required.

So essentailly you are suggesting bringing back season 1 (which they already said it is something they would like to do, but not something they are looking at doing at this time.) without including the rewards that went with the chapters.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Anet Listen...

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Aside from that, they already stated that LW S1 is taking a backseat until HoT is finished and released. They will eventually rework and release it.

Nice, can I get a source please?
I loved S1

WoodenPotatoes has an interview video on his youtube channel, where he ask this question of the devs.

EDIT: Here’s the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUjrrc5aj2k

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

a new LS chapter every 4 Days (Im a Doctor not a Mathematician JIM !) so maybe u need calculate better then me the timing.

Positive effects are a great PR

all Player new and Old are Happy

Why not a new chapter every day .. or every hour .. i mean in the days of Skynet
Software will create itself and there is no need anymore for people to programm
stuff in loooong hours sitting before a computer.

Oh .. or why not bring out the Holodeck Version of GW2 .. now that would make
the people happy.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

I played LW S1 and I don’t want it to come back. Not because I didn’t enjoy it (especially the later parts), but that would make a mockery of the whole living story idea. Lion’s Arch burnt down to the ground…that was a one time event and shouldn’t be replayable. Honestly, I also totally enjoyed the Karka event that took place just in one live event. Too bad too many ppl were playing on a potatoe and were experiencing some difficulties unfortunately…THAT really felt epic beeing part of something unique that took place only once in a huuuuuge mega event.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I played LW S1 and I don’t want it to come back. Not because I didn’t enjoy it (especially the later parts), but that would make a mockery of the whole living story idea. Lion’s Arch burnt down to the ground…that was a one time event and shouldn’t be replayable. Honestly, I also totally enjoyed the Karka event that took place just in one live event. Too bad too many ppl were playing on a potatoe and were experiencing some difficulties unfortunately…THAT really felt epic beeing part of something unique that took place only once in a huuuuuge mega event.

You know what else feels epic?

The disappointment of missing that one time event because I had to work.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Can’t bring back as LA is already destroyed

Sylvari mean

Anet Listen...

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Reintroduce them as fractals.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

In Guild Wars 1, in the starter areas, you could “relive” the starter missions if your character was from one of the other areas. They could do something similar with this.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Reintroduce them as fractals.

They did already with the Aetherblade fractals and Molten Facility fractals. Honestly, I’d rather them be brought back some other way IF they brought them back, so that I don’t have to play RNG with Fractals.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

before reading it i thought he was gonna threaten anet. like, you know “yo, listen bruh … or else”. but after reading it i just can’t even …

(edited by zaced.7948)

Anet Listen...

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

I love the interwebs. So many armchair: lawyers, game devs, advertising professionals and pyschologists!

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

Killing scarlet again would be so much fun, and the flames, the FLAMES of LA would blaze again! That and SAB would be back. I never did get that molten jetpack at the start. I +1 with the OP, despite already hearing the Dev say in the Interview that they had no plan (like with everything else) to bring it back yet.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Dont waste you time for typing. they NEVER, EVER, EVER listen.

Anet Listen...

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

:P Sorry, just couldn’t help myself.

Attachments: